No thanks for leaving necro in a poor state for wvw and spvp.

Swagger.1459

Awful shroud mechanics, before and now, which only buys us time before getting worn down. No decent melee weapon for wvw and spvp, leaving us (limited use) reaper shroud dependent. Horrible life force generation mechanics. Laughable mobility. Slow as all get out skill speeds. Best build options are running condi builds in zergs, because the condi system was poorly designed and provides a huge offensive advantage.

Since the team decided to have wvw and spvp modes, wish some actually cared to rework profession and combat mechanics... because this game has unnecessary major issues and unnecessary major annoyances. Yes, you can have unified and "balanced" profession designs and combat mechanics, that work great in every mode... you just have to do it.

this, dear friend, would require you have worthy ppl working on this but at this point, after 5 years, i truly start to belive that any change is random and is done to "see what happens" and then change again according. That is not a very professional way to handle things /bow

• 3 weeks later...

@ilmau.9781 said:this, dear friend, would require you have worthy ppl working on this but at this point, after 5 years, i truly start to belive that any change is random and is done to "see what happens" and then change again according. That is not a very professional way to handle things /bow

The devs are more than capable of fixing things.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:this, dear friend, would require you have worthy ppl working on this but at this point, after 5 years, i truly start to belive that any change is random and is done to "see what happens" and then change again according. That is not a very professional way to handle things /bow

They didnt get to fix it for years, so i guess that just a daydream

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

I felt they had a decent balance for the condi Reaper towards the end of HOT back before all the nerfs and changes in POF.

They should have boosted the power Reaper traits without destroying the condi Reaper.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

I felt they had a decent balance for the condi Reaper towards the end of HOT back before all the nerfs and changes in POF.

They should have boosted the power Reaper traits without destroying the condi Reaper.

Not sure that it's what they should have done, I'm leaning more on the side of removing the defense part from the life force thingy and puting it onto utilities but, yeah, The shroud had indeed almost reached a balanced state before the introduced PoF. It was more annoying than anything in PvP for other professions and still not good enough for PvE but it was "balanced". Now it's just below average in everything.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

Maybe for fighting alone or 2v2s. Condi Reaper was completely broken and dominant in WvW group combat at every scale. A nerf HAD to happen. Arguably, it should've happened way sooner. Maybe not quite as drastic but close to it.

@CCLegion.5936 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

Maybe for fighting alone or 2v2s. Condi Reaper was completely broken and dominant in WvW group combat at every scale. A nerf HAD to happen. Arguably, it should've happened way sooner. Maybe not quite as drastic but close to it.

Scourge is still performing that 'broken' and 'dominant' role in larger scale fights though and has changed the meta to pirate ship which further limits the role and viability of a condi Reaper. So I still don't think they should have wrecked condi Reaper.

@Swagger.1459 said:

They may be CAPABLE, that doesnt mean they will. History has shown us they have no idea what they are doing with so many of the changes they have made. Having played Guild Wars 1, I knew WHEN the game dies, it wouldnt be because of another huge MMO. It was always going to be due to the team in charge. They have always been dreadful at balancing. Always have been. Always will be.

• 1 month later...

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

The devs are awesome, and can totally do it! I believe!

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:

The devs are awesome, and can totally do it! I believe!

Its like lottery ... i will Totally WIN tomorrow i believe !

Yeah...right...

@"Swagger.1459" said:Since the team decided to have wvw and spvp modes, wish some actually cared to rework profession and combat mechanics... because this game has unnecessary major issues and unnecessary major annoyances. Yes, you can have unified and "balanced" profession designs and combat mechanics, that work great in every mode... you just have to do it.

I have a suspicion that people who DO care don't make the decisions, and people who make the decisions don't think about details like Shroud, they're thinking about corporate strategies and suchlike.

Archived