[SPVP] My take on current Reaper

TheDevice.2751

Need to generate more LF

So after a bunch of games I've pretty much found that its much harder to do your damage combo earlier in fights. You end up sorta getting half bar, popping your shroud when you find an opening, cant even complete a shroud rotation before you exit. This is not a good thing.This is because even though they nerfed shroud uptime, they didn't provide any LF gain anywhere else. You're losing your shroud faster, so you technically need more (probably max) lifeforce to complete just one rotation. This wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact that our LF sources are still not enough.

Spite Still Unappealing

The changes were actually very good but since we still have limited access to LF and our sustain got hit again, I still wont play anything outside of death magic and soul reaping when running anything outside paladins (I mostly run demolishers ). Not to say paladins is a poor choice, its probably our most obvious choice but I'm not too sure if giving up a defensive trait line, and giving up more potential LF, is a good idea at all at this point.

R Shroud is going in the right direction

I am glad that they have decided to make shroud more of an offensive tool than a defensive tool but it definitely needed a bit more testing. We may just need some other cooldowns reduced (namely GS, and perhaps some shouts) since we're forced to play outside of shroud much more. We cant run away from fights as well as other classes so we need tools to at least make us a threat outside shroud as well. Doesn't mean we need more defensive tools so much, but we could use (as I said) some cooldowns looked at.

Condition Removal

Our condi-removal has actually been a real bummer. Our shroud was hit so we can't just camp out some of that damage or get a few ticks from shrouded removal, and (again) since our shroud uptime is lowered, our utility cooldowns are way more important. When outside shroud and getting conditions just dumped on you, it feels like you're building more towards just surviving that period before a very short jolt of damage from shroud (which, lets be honest, is the biggest telegraph in the game). If there are too many scourges on enemy team I might consider running dagger offhand which isn't something I'm too happy about at all.

Overall

I'm spending even less time building up LF bar/dealing damage, and more time just trying to stay alive or kinda trying to play extremely passive. This is just all entirely conflicting and actually self-contradictory. We have less defense, more offense, which is forcing us to play more defensively, and have overall less access to non-shroud offense which actually hurts our getting into shroud (building LF).

@Obtena.7952 said:The direction is correct; that's not debatable. Now if we could just get core to have the defense it needs WITHOUT Deathshroud, we could have a winner.

I could go with this.

Spectral armor gives 6 secs invulnerability and 10% LF on cast untraited.

Spectral walk revised to work like shadow step. 1200 range instant blink that gives 10% LF on cast and Spectral return that gives another 10% LF.

Lower Spectral Grasp CD to 20 seconds untraited.

Spectral wall to absorb projectiles and adds 5% LF for each projectile absorbed on a 1sec internal CD.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:The direction is correct; that's not debatable. Now if we could just get core to have the defense it needs WITHOUT Deathshroud, we could have a winner.

I could go with this.

Spectral walk revised to work like shadow step. 1200 range instant blink that gives 10% LF on cast and Spectral return that gives another 10% LF.

Spectral wall to absorb projectiles and adds 5% LF for each projectile absorbed on a 1sec internal CD.

I'd love if they added the missing Spectral heal, that converted all damage to life force for 3 seconds.

@Lahmia.2193 said:I'd love if they added the missing Spectral heal, that converted all damage to life force for 3 seconds.

I would seriously love to see a heal life this and it would do wonders for all builds of the class without breaking it. OFC it would have to be like other heal proc'n skills.. so 2-3 seconds only..nothing stupid like 5-10 seconds..

Some other more specific (potential)changes to consider would be to beef up that vitality on vital presence.Vital presence has far less importance now (or anything "while in shroud" specific) and could maybe use some tweaks.

I thought spectral armor could use some condi clear, something like reducing the protection durtaion by 2 seconds and adding "remove up to 2 conditions,. Gain bonus (1 second of) protection for each condition removed."

Of course most of my condi complaints can be settled with CC but I generally dislike using an untraited heal... xd

you do not understand mate, everything work as intented, there was some true genius behind this new patch who checked and confirmed it was the right choice and take action to carry it out. It is your problem who do not understand how a true genius actually would play the Reaper.

OR, do not get mad, get your credit card and buy the new expansion and spam shades for a glorious victory that is working and easy to do.

@HardRider.2980 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:I'd love if they added the missing Spectral heal, that converted all damage to life force for 3 seconds.

I would seriously love to see a heal life this and it would do wonders for all builds of the class without breaking it. OFC it would have to be like other heal proc'n skills.. so 2-3 seconds only..nothing stupid like 5-10 seconds..

Every other "convert damage to heal" is 3s baseline. Makes sense to follow this trend but with a Necro twist.

@ilmau.9781 said:you do not understand mate, everything work as intented, there was some true genius behind this new patch who checked and confirmed it was the right choice and take action to carry it out. It is your problem who do not understand how a true genius actually would play the Reaper.

OR, do not get mad, get your credit card and buy the new expansion and spam shades for a glorious victory that is working and easy to do.

So ur telling me u are that genius? So maybe you can share your build. So that we low-bobs can try to play your awesome build and praise you for your genius

@Nimon.7840 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:you do not understand mate, everything work as intented, there was some true genius behind this new patch who checked and confirmed it was the right choice and take action to carry it out. It is your problem who do not understand how a true genius actually would play the Reaper.

So ur telling me u are that genius? So maybe you can share your build. So that we low-bobs can try to play your awesome build and praise you for your genius

LOL!

actually i was referring to the devs who developed those changes to reaper :)

That's kind of an interesting idea. Could they tweak things to make core necro viable? In a way if they could that may help sort of balance necro as a whole.

condi cleanse is better than pre patch

scourges, warriors, mesmers, thieves (esp. staff and D/D thieves with their tiny window of vulnerability) and bunkers in general are significantly easier to kill than pre patch

even the new fotm condi mirage melts to my burst (got plenty of duell invites the last few days from condi mirages after destroying them)

I barely notice any difference in sustain in smallscale (5v5) post patch (even dropped Soul Reaping for Curses again after 3 days of getting used to the mechanical changes)

the only negative thing I can say post patch is: fighting stealth/staff/LB druids is even more annoying than before (same skill level and open field it's a loss for me)

the devs know more about balancing than 98% of the people posting in this forum section - I have never read so much bullshit in my life like in the last five days in the necromancer forum - one thing ANet should take into consideration is changing the degen to 4% - besides that the patch was just great

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

I could go with this.

Spectral Armor would be too strong at 6seconds base, that would make it like 9seconds traited with a cool down reduction too boot.I'd love if Spectral Walk was a Blink or Shadow Step.Why they more than doubled the cool down of Spectral Grasp i have no idea :/

I'd rather Projectile hate to be on something else, like Maybe add Barrier to BASE necro so all Necro have access to it and have a trait that makes while you have Barrier projectiles are destroyed.

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:

LOL!

actually i was referring to the devs who developed those changes to reaper :)

Ah kay. Sorry for that then^^

Archived