Fashion Wars: Guardian

madamred.1463

@LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:I think this might be what you're looking for.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/590/the-new-and-improved-post-your-guardian/p2There was another, much larger thread on the old forums, but I'm not sure it's still accessable.

There is an archived (unofficial) version of the old forums, so this might be the thread you referred to:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Post-a-Screenshot-of-your-Guardian

https://imgur.com/a/nBmZu(Not the best pic I know but meh >w>)

Meet my Firebrand, Solus The Sage.

Solus is now a grizzled old charr, wizened and humbled by age. In his youth Solus was a proud member of the Blood Legion, and lived for the excitement of battle. He and his warband were known for their ferocity on the battlefield, even among charr, and he was betting on this to move up the ranks. Later on, during a mission to raid a Flame Legion base, Solus and his band were ordered to wait by an Ash Legion scout, and were told they had spies inside gathering intel and it would be better to move in once they knew more about the situation. Solus scoffed at the scout, he and his band laughing off the warning and making a show of charging straight into the camp. The numbers inside were far greater than expected, and heavy casualties were suffered on both sides. In the end they not only failed their raid on the Flame Legion, but Solus also lost the majority of his warband, with the few survivors all being greatly injured. The medic was one of those who died in the battle, and as they made their retreat a number of the survivors succumbed to their injuring, the wounds to great for anyone but their medic to treat. By the time they made it back to base, only a poultry few were left, and Solus was immediately dragged in to be held accountable. It was then he found out that during his raid the Ash Legion scout who had been inside had gotten caught up in and killed in the battle due to his carelessness, so it wasn't just the lives of his own warband he had to answer for. Stripped of his command and kicked out of his legion, Solus lost his warband, his status, and all he'd ever worked for in less than a days time. Looking back he wondered what might have been had he just heeded that scouts warning, if he'd just waited for the information. After much reflection on this he decided to join the Priory, believing the old phrase that "knowledge is power" and deciding to devote his life to the pursuit of knowledge. Through many long years time has changed Solus into a very different being than the war machine he once was, but since making the oath to devote his life to knowledge Solus has never strayed from his new path, and carries this knowledge with him wherever he goes in his sacred tomes.

Little bit of a longer post but like to give a bit of background for my characters sometimes depending on the situation ^^"

Archived