New PoF Character Selection Screen: your wishlist?

Ashantara.8731

We had already gotten a sneak peek at the upcoming CSS during the PoF demo weekends. Now that the official release is here, I would like to know what you peeps want to see altered or added.

My wishlist for changes I would like to see sometime soon:

• adjust the display size for Charrs, they look ridiculously huge compared to the other races and parts are even cut off on the top
  • maybe add a zoom option in addition to the rotation ability we already have
  • add some customization features, e.g. so that people with a huge number of characters get alternatives to scrolling

Also:

• neutral lighting, so one can see one's character as is (or at least add a lightbulb to be able to switch between lighting options)
  • removal of front bottom layer, so it will no longer cover the left foot

Character lock order/Pin characters.Character sizes, my Charr is huge and does not fit onto the screen.Panoramic character selection (Pinned characters visible in full display, maximum 5 pins)Icon sizes made slightly smaller and increase number of icons before scrolling happens (I really hate scrolling through, I only have 9 permanent characters aswell)

We're highly unlikely to get any changes before PoF releases - Mike O'Brien already said the release is in it's final stage where they're only focusing on bug fixes.

But at some point (hopefully soon) I'd love to get other options for sorting and displaying our characters. I 'only' have 11 character slots and only 9 of them are permanently in use, but even so it can be mildly annoying to find where a character has gone in the list. I can imagine it would be an absolute pain for people with more.

It would be nice to have the option to fix them in place, in any order, but options for different orders would be especially good. For example sorted alphabetically, by creation date, by race, by profession and so on. Custom order would be ideal for me but I imagine that's harder to set up.

It would also be nice to have the option for a grid of portrait squares or something so more characters can be on screen at once and there's less scrolling involved.

@Klocknov.8219 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:
  • add some customization features
    , e.g. so that people with a huge number of characters get alternatives to scrolling

That right there!

This one right here.

Maybe add 3 slots for favorit characters, or let us sort by class or or or...

Once you hit above 20 characters (and I don't even want to imagine how 40+ people feel) the simple scrolling becomes tedious.

Maybe allow us to also have individual character stats shown above the character. Like world completion, next birthday and so on.

New forum, same old MS Paint suggestion!https://i.imgur.com/jcLICo3.png

In case the link is too risky-click:

• Make the character smaller on the screen and properly sized (so Charr fit).
  • Include an easy-find interface for characters.
  • In addition to the above, add in sorting tools to sort by profession/crafter/level/etc
  • Add in useful information like dailies or upcoming events (bosses, map metas, etc)

@Rauderi.8706 said:New forum, same old MS Paint suggestion!https://i.imgur.com/jcLICo3.png

In case the link is too risky-click:

• Make the character smaller on the screen and properly sized (so Charr fit).
  • Include an easy-find interface for characters.
  • In addition to the above, add in sorting tools to sort by profession/crafter/level/etc
  • Add in useful information like dailies or upcoming events (bosses, map metas, etc)

This looks pretty decent.@Gaile Gray.6029 is this something in the works?

i would also wish for an Opiton to show only crafting skills when they are maxed outa sort option would be realy nice!Favorit Option sounds good to

Would be nice to also be able to customize self a bit cause i have to say i dont must see my cahracter on the whoile screen it would be enough for me if it would be only a miniature and you could have a biger raster for the characters

I really want an option to switch between theme/music on char selection, tbh i miss the old one b4 HoT.Also the ability to view each character inventory ( which might be impossible for sure ), if you have like 10+ charactes it really annoying and painful when you forget something and want to find it but don't remember which char you put it on.

@Eros.6801 said:I really want an option to switch between theme/music on char selection, tbh i miss the old one b4 HoT.Also the ability to view each character inventory ( which might be impossible for sure ), if you have like 10+ charactes it really annoying and painful when you forget something and want to find it but don't remember which char you put it on.

It'd be nice to have in-game, but if it's a frequent issue for you, I'd recommend checking out gw2efficiency.com. You can obtain an API key from ANet and apply it there, and Efficiency will help you search!

@Ashantara.8731 said:

• add some customization features, e.g. so that people with a huge number of characters get alternatives to scrolling

This is pretty much my desire. I'd like the ability to sort by race, by profession, by age, and simply alphabetically.

I'd also really like the F12 -> "C" shortcut back to quickly navigate my sorry butt back to character selection without needing to click the button.

Many great suggestions here!

Would like to add my own.

Fixed list, in alphabetical order, with page 1, 2, 3, etc. Certain number of characters displayed per page, with a thumbnail of their face, some basic information (level, profession, location, crafting profession(s) and their level, % world completion, etc. Include options to toggle information shown. (or just include it as a scroll over)

Favorites/often used/last used, separate from the alphabetical/main list.

selecting a character will bring up the full body model. Please make them appropriately sized to fit in the window, based on the space provided, rather than the size/race of the character (example would be to give all characters a "2 inch" headroom, regardless of race/gender of the character)(Or, alternately, keep the same option, but to vary the size of the character/proportion, have the characters appear in a range of small to large, based on race, with an item that would be sized to show the difference between the different racial sizes (like showing an item beside a coin to give an idea of the size), using a tree, or rock, or some other type of item.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived