Constant DC in PoF Zones and Troubles with Launcher

I cannot advance in PoF anymore because the frequent disconnects mean I cannot do anything. Renown Hearts cannot be completed because I can't guarantee I'll stay on long enough to do them. This would be frustrating enough were it not for the additional issue of my launcher telling me the game has encountered a serious issue the second I open the launcher, multiple times in a row. At this point, I often simply cannot play this game.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a multiple layered issue. Are you in NA? I heard that there was a change in data center and some routes (also depending on your ISP and in between hops) are of less quality. That can explain dead on dc’s

Also the PoF maps are a lot bigger. I play on a fairly strong system, but after waypointing it does give some lag. Something I’m not used to on other maps.

Most important is to check the error messages. If you get a real disconnected message (check your firewall or you are on a campus type of message), it is a true dc caused by a bad internet connection. With game client issues, hardware or driver issues and trouble localized to your gig, you would get different type of error messages. (Fatal error, out memory, read write error, gw2 has stopped working)

Archived