The case for evade on Rocket Boots

coro.3176

I mean, it'd be nice if it was also a stun break. That might have helped a few of those situations, but even if it was a stunbreak, I'd still be dead before RB finishes. A quickness rapid fire or unload can drop me from full health to 0 in the time that Rocket Boots takes to complete. Something has to change. Either tone down the ranged burst, or give us some valid options to combat it.

@Druh.1092 said:dude you could have done so much more to stay alive, at the end of video why didnt you use healing skill before rocket boots

I really hope this was sarcasm. This is a game of milliseconds. Healing Turret costs 750 of them. I could maybe have squeezed a Regenerating Mist in there at 250ms, but it would have been very close and I'd probably have died to a pistol auto or unload projectile anyway.

@Druh.1092 said:dude you could have done so much more to stay alive, at the end of video why didnt you use healing skill before rocket boots

Did you know that the effect of the combo finisher will only proc on you AFTER the end of the Rocket boot charge ? It means you need to end your leap to receive the healing due to your combo field : Water + Explosion.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:So you are playing with a scrapper build without bulwark gyro? Next time slot it and if you see someone starting to attack you like that just pop the reflect bubble - they melt.Anyway on the topic - rocket boots do need evade same as rifle 5 and some other skills.

Yeah I immediately thought the same thing but then i realized Soulbeast bottom adept, unstoppable union and signet of the hunt make your attacks unblockable whenever you want, i.e., negate projectile hate.

Honestly, it's more of a legacy mid node and wide open WvW problem, projectiles are really just much better than with LoS

And the P/P Deadeye burst, the trick is to use Elixir S right after the stun from their master- middle trait (stun) takes place

Why play always bulwark gyro? Yeah it's strong but the problem here is more he was playing without stunbreaker(s) or stability. Yeah the gyro is great but for roaming wvw it exists great scrapper build without this gyro ^^.

Btw, if rockets boots are, in my opinion, OP actually, the mobility is insane. So no please, it no need to become a stunbreaker, or in this case it should have one charge. Before rocket boots change, I was thinking rocket boots to be stunbreaker and/or dodge, I would prefer it to be honest. But 2 charges is also really strong.

Archived