Matchmaking question

Eddbopkins.2630

Im ranked around the 1300-1400, last night i was placed against the #4 person on the leaderboads at the time, multiple times in multiple matches. My question is why am i being placed against the #4 person on the leader boards. Is there a matchmaking algorithm? Did it decide to take a nap when placeing me into a few games? Does the devs care about there game match quality to players? In the few games iv played against the top 10 people when im only ranked 1300-1400 it was a blow out lost by over 350+ points my team couldnt keep up let alone kill anyone or even make it to an objective to be benificial in any way. Please place harsher restrictions on match making so it has better match quality n fairness.

It could be that the matchmaking algorithm had to few players to pick from. So after a lot of time it started to consider a wider range of players. This could play in conjunction with you or the other player having a huge rating deviation. I assume it plays in how to create matches but if not there would be no point in picking glicko over elo.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:Wasn't matchmaking based on MMR, not seasonal rating?

Isn't seasonal rating your mm-rating in ranked?

Quaggan doesn't know, thats why Quaggan put (?) and the end of his sentence. Just a thought in this pinky head, but when league system was introduced, at the beginning of season players were matched by their MMR, because "everyone was in same division" and when "there was not enough players" their MMR was used instead of league standing, or something like that. It was fun, because high MMR players had it harder to climb, because they were playing one against each other, every match all the time, even in bronze.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:Wasn't matchmaking based on MMR, not seasonal rating?

Isn't seasonal rating your mm-rating in ranked?

Quaggan doesn't know, thats why Quaggan put (?) and the end of his sentence. Just a thought in this pinky head, but when league system was introduced, at the beginning of season players were matched by their MMR, because "everyone was in same division" and when "there was not enough players" their MMR was used instead of league standing, or something like that. It was fun, because high MMR players had it harder to climb, because they were playing one against each other, every match all the time, even in bronze.

I remember this when we had the pip-system like amber, emerald etc. It was a problem for climbing but in my opinion these matches were some of the best and most fun because they were close. When the system got overhauled I thought they showed the mmr now after they were against showing MMR for ages.

i never waited longer then 3 mins and i still get placed against top 10s constantly at a rating for 1300-1400. im takeing a brake for a month this game needs a changing that the devs refuse to so. one day maybe one day they will learn how to make a balanced reliable system. i mean they did a great job on combat n gameplay. but when it comes to balance and matchmaking they got there heads in the dirt and straws threw there arses

Archived