Deadeye Rifle Mechanics.

Sabercross.5029

Does anyone else feel that the whole mechanic of the rifle spec is gimped? lol For dedicating the spec for the use of rifle and it struggles to put out good dps, hence "sniper", and is even out ranged by a longbow ranger? I know this is fantasy, but that's funny. lol Its decent for wvw, but even then it feels just, "slow." I was hoping for some trait changes, like to add some piercing at least besides the one ability. Idk, does anyone else think that the rifle needs some adjustments?

Yeah definitly rifle need change, I just made an experiment, and go fighting an hydra. My most powerfull try against her was with ranger Axe/dagger, after him, holosmith Sword/Shield, then Necro Dagger/Dagger and the worst one Deadeye with rifle taking so long to kill her. The riffle appear very weak to me, don't know if it's not enough powerfull (I should say, I have a berserker set) or the lack of advantages. The mechanic in herself is slow, kneeling then sniper mark then skill 4/5 then normal skills.. Not good dps. Don't know about ranger, I want to say even longbow ranger is better than deadeye. It's for that I actually stick my thief with dagger/dagger. A ton of conditions.

In its current state it is garbage, it doesn't work in any game mode and no your one shot me stealth me 11k hp build is useless against anyone that has a brain.p/p is 100x better than rifle in every way.

They can tweak and improve this spec a lot but I'm afraid they will not because they don't really care tbh.And the real problem is that we will have to wait another 3 months to see what happens because we already know they don't even try to communicate with their own community :expressionless:

@hugo.4705 said:Yeah definitly rifle need change, I just made an experiment, and go fighting an hydra. My most powerfull try against her was with ranger Axe/dagger, after him, holosmith Sword/Shield, then Necro Dagger/Dagger and the worst one Deadeye with rifle taking so long to kill her. The riffle appear very weak to me, don't know if it's not enough powerfull (I should say, I have a berserker set) or the lack of advantages. The mechanic in herself is slow, kneeling then sniper mark then skill 4/5 then normal skills.. Not good dps. Don't know about ranger, I want to say even longbow ranger is better than deadeye. It's for that I actually stick my thief with dagger/dagger. A ton of conditions.

Well, longbow ranger has a 0.9 coefficient at the longest range, a 0.7 coefficient on the closest, and 3.75 on rapid fire @ 2.5 seconds channel. So without lead the wind it's 0.9, 0.7, and 1.5 multiplier per second for those 3 things. With lead the wind, those all pierce, and longbow attacks faster, so they become 0.99, 0.77, 1.65 mult/sec respectively.

Thief has 0.8 (kneeling), 0.6 (standing) and 1.65 on 3RB. At an attack rate of 0.92 seconds per auto, and 1 second for 3RB, that puts us at 0.65, 0.87, and 1.65 mult/sec for each skill respectively. I think we should be brought up to on par with Ranger longbow, which would need a reduction in aftercast for the autos, letting the autos pierce, and moving 3RB to the standing #3. If they reduce the aftercast so that the shot to shot time was 0.85 seconds, our coefficient would be 0.94 and 0.705 mult/sec, just about on the same as ranger longbow. In place of 3RB on the kneel, I'd recommend a backwards roll for 4 initiative, 0.5 seconds evade, and a total cast time of 0.75 seconds. Those 4 things could bring rifle up to a competitive state (imo).

@Sabercross.5029 said:Does anyone else feel that the whole mechanic of the rifle spec is kitten? lol For dedicating the spec for the use of rifle and it struggles to put out good dps, hence "sniper", and is even out ranged by a longbow ranger? I know this is fantasy, but that's funny. lol Its decent for wvw, but even then it feels just, "slow." I was hoping for some trait changes, like to add some piercing at least besides the one ability. Idk, does anyone else think that the rifle needs some adjustments?

Dear god, DE is not a god damn sniper. And the spec is not dedicated to just using the sniper. That would imply that all of the DE's traits requires you to use a rifle, which only one does.

Yes rifle needs adjustments. But it's completely serviceable where it is. And has killed plenty of Long Bow rangers in my hands.

While yes DE can be used without rifle (sword/dagger, dagger/dagger etc), many players could have been attracted to the elite spec BECAUSE of the rifle and the sniper feel that was presented to us. Just because other options are available doesnt mean that it should ignored. If players want to use rifle as their primary weapon they should be free to do so. It's no different than trying to force an elementalist to use sword and dagger when they can use scepter and focus claiming 'its not a wizard'. The more playstyle options available, the better.

In comparison for the ranger LB(PvE), I kill faster on my Deadeye with the rifle then I do on my ranger with the LB. The Deadeye has more burst damage even without using DJ in which I can melt things faster then LB Ranger. Yes, they have the extra range which I think Deadeye should get a long with a bunch of other buffs, but compared to the LB Ranger, the Deadeye wins hands down because it's attacks do much more damage.

I am saying this because I was playing on my ranger earlier farming and things were dying ok. Then I switched to my Deadeye, and things started melting in a second compared to the ranger which took a while longer to kill things.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:In comparison for the ranger LB(PvE), I kill faster on my Deadeye with the rifle then I do on my ranger with the LB. The Deadeye has more burst damage even without using DJ in which I can melt things faster then LB Ranger. Yes, they have the extra range which I think Deadeye should get a long with a bunch of other buffs, but compared to the LB Ranger, the Deadeye wins hands down because it's attacks do much more damage.

I am saying this because I was playing on my ranger earlier farming and things were dying ok. Then I switched to my Deadeye, and things started melting in a second compared to the ranger which took a while longer to kill things.

On enemies with large health pools, LB Ranger will outshine Deadeye because Deadeye can not sustain very well. But even that's not very true if you know what you're doing.

@Belishine.7493 said:i do feel that the riffle needs to be changed to something with faster attacks the damage is good even if you get a crit you can do nerly 50k damage but haveing that mutch crit damage means nothing if in pve you have very low dps

and i still wonder how because usually my DJ hits for 10-20k, even in groups where i have full might and so on...

Archived