Crazy Idea: Stability?

Svarty.8019

What if all the nerfing and horrible Pirate Ship promotion was a prelude to a new Stability fix?

The previous Pirate Ship meta came about after a massive change to the way Stab. worked in the lead-up to the HoT expansion. Perhaps all the Pirate Ship rubbish from PoF is the prelude to a Stability change?

No? Just me? Okay...

I really just don't get their imbalance on everything, including stability. Why does 1 class get a utility that is 10 stacks of stability, and another gets one that is 2? Or one that lasts 5 seconds, and another that lasts 2? This is part of the problem they have created. They have created huge imbalances everywhere, and I'm not sure they even see it to fix it.

Tbh since Stability was changed from duration to stacks I've found the buff to be almost utterly useless..

I get stability regularly as one does playing the game but whenever I encounter CC that it cancels out.. most of the time it comes down to something like 4-8 stacks of stability vs 15-25 CC effects.. so no matter what I do the stab is going to get ripped off me in seconds and i'm going to get thrown around by CC..

Some enemies simply have too many knock around skills.. or just many of them attack in numbers and have far to much CC between them for stability to be a viable defense against it.

@Teratus.2859 said:Tbh since Stability was changed from duration to stacks I've found the buff to be almost utterly useless..

I get stability regularly as one does playing the game but whenever I encounter CC that it cancels out.. most of the time it comes down to something like 4-8 stacks of stability vs 15-25 CC effects.. so no matter what I do the stab is going to get ripped off me in seconds and i'm going to get thrown around by CC..

Some enemies simply have too many knock around skills.. or just many of them attack in numbers and have far to much CC between them for stability to be a viable defense against it.

You can't lose more than one stack of stab every .75 sec. So you're more likely to have your stacks corrupted than having 4-8 stacks removed by ccs

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Tbh since Stability was changed from duration to stacks I've found the buff to be almost utterly useless..

You can't lose more than one stack of stab every .75 sec. So you're more likely to have your stacks corrupted than having 4-8 stacks removed by ccs

exactly - and that is why corrupting stability should be ONE stack at a time. which is still strong since stab gets converted to fear and fear uses another stab stack.but atm its just ridicolous.

also all the stacks of stability from one freaking espec (firebrand). they pump out more grp-stab than all the other professions together... thats worth a meme!only good thing about that is: only 1 firebrand per grp needed now. but i dont call it balanced - at all

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Jski.6180 said:I am thinking self stab should be more like a brake bar system and support stab should be like the current stab system.

I really like that idea.

Like the WvW Banner breakbar? (You get dazed for 5s when your bar is broken)

It's one of the reasons people don't use turtle/centaur banners as much as they might. With Dragon Banner, the abilities are so awesome that it's worth the risk.

another opportunity to beg for rune of sanctuary to be granted at 50% health trigger with all other runes that are 20% and pointless given the damage flying about.pls pls pls pls pls go on go on go on.build diversity, implementable easilyhappy playersgood karmastab is a massive pain in the proverbial with no condi fix likely this is an area that needs looking at if we dont all want to play pirates

@Aetatis.5418 said:

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

exactly - and that is why corrupting stability should be ONE stack at a time. which is still strong since stab gets converted to fear and fear uses another stab stack.but atm its just ridicolous.

also all the stacks of stability from one freaking espec (firebrand). they pump out more grp-stab than all the other professions together... thats worth a meme!only good thing about that is: only 1 firebrand per grp needed now. but i dont call it balanced - at all

I can get behind this. The ICD on losing stacks of stab were to prevent a hard CC combo from removing it all at once, yet you can still corrupt every stack with a single corruption. This would be a welcome change. But with that I would also like to see a reduction in the maximum amount of stacks you can have, down to 15 or even fewer maybe. As it is now though, with 25 stacks, it would take nearly 19 seconds to strip all of those stacks if you were just using hard CC, so corruption is the only viable way to deal with large stacks of stab. To compensate for lower stack limit, the ICD on having a stack removed via hard CC could maybe be increased back to 1sec?

Archived