Lets talk about our grandmaster traits and skills.

Brujeria.7536

So one crucial thing that bothers me since years it that we have a 3 grandmaster traits that are tied to weapon or utility skills without properly utilizing them.

Lets start with Scepter:

The trait does nothing when not using a scepter. Even when using a scepter its just a straight up damage increase. Even then the damage is subpar compared to other pure condi weapons with no traits, or adapt / master level traits. The thing here is, scepter condis could be 50% longer baseline, and the weapon would still not be too strong, also the trait does nothing interesting. Grandmasters should influence the way we play in a greater way, adding a heal to skills, or things like PS, etc. This basicly trait does nothing interesting and just turns our condi weapon to an "okay" level, thats not what a grandmaster is supposed to do. Weapons should be "okay" by themself, with a grandmaster trait equiped they should be awesome, or add some new synergy or effects to the weapon skills, or to the class as a whole. The trait does not deserve a grandmaster spot at all, all what it does could be baseline.

Wells and Signets:

These are more tricky. First part of the problem is that both of these skill types do have a grandmaster trait, but not an elite skill. I think grandmaster traits that are connected to a skill type should have an elite skill as these could drasticly upgrade the trait. To add to this problem: wells and signets dont have a proper synergy. Wells all do something different, with no connecting theme, same goes for signets. Chances are that you wont pick more than 1 or maybe 2 of them, greatly reducing the value of the trait. To change this i would suggest to add elite skills for these 2 skill types first. Then, create a somewhat connecting theme. Wells for example could all deal Well of corruption like damage, with their current effects. Signets need something like that as well, i like the signets for necromancer in general, but the elite skill with the grandmaster trait should be the glue that enables a theme. I dont want to force people into running 5 wells or 5 signets at all times, but to make these traits worthwhile.

Thoughts on this?

@Brujeria.7536 said:The thing here is, scepter condis could be 50% longer baseline, and the weapon would still not be too strong, also the trait does nothing interestingThoughts on this?I really hope they'll change Lingering Curse to give a flat condition damage increase and a buff that increase all of our condition duration by 50% (lasting for 9 seconds) after swapping to scepter.

Archived