I'm stuck between two professions

LuuYoshi.3576

Hi, I am a returning playerish. I have decided to play either a rev or engineer. I like both of their new elite specialization but I was wondering which of the two would I have a better time with. I would also would like to know the pros and cons between the two, so I know what I am getting into. Thank you so much.

I can only speak for Renegade (in PVE), as I haven't played around much with Holo at all. Gonna do a quick summary since I'm on my break during work.

Pros:-Striaght up upgrade to condi rev-Has some nice group/self buffing with F skills, providing alacrity and might-Throw out the spirit that applies bleeds to attacks of allied players and watch as they do the bleed stacking for you-Has a decent power build with capped crit chance when at full endurance in full zerk gear and without the trait that double crit chance, allowing you to pick up the trait that gives 25 extra energy on swap-That power build also has great sustain if you use Jalis as second legend, as well as the lifesteal traits and the HoT sigil that lifesteals on interrupt (with no icd!), allowing you to heal for tons when facing large mob groups without breakbars

Cons:-Viper gear is a lot more expensive and more work than getting a set of berserker gear-Spirits can be cc'd and killed-Shortbow isn't gonna outperform mace/axe on condi, but it's useful when up against bosses with aoe spam that make melee risky (and full viper build doesn't have a lot of self sustain)

it depends on what you are realy looking for. Engi has a lot of utility skills that can help you out and are very good in pvp/wvw. Rev is good as a healer in wvw/pvp and the power and condi for pve are realy strong. the staff for rev is so strong when you use it most of the time you shater a breack bar in one move. it all comes down to what do you like to do pvp/wvw or pve. i find the engi a little better in pvp/wvw area and rev is a better pve toon

Archived