[Suggestion] Griffon Adventures in HoT maps/lv80 Maps.

Holykitten.3064

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:I'll say in this adventure topic the same thing."As long as they don't link a mastery to it, I'm 100% for it."Don't put masteries on adventures no more. Ever.

Why not? It's an easily accessible source for Mastery-points. 1 or 2 is a pain, but the rest are fine.

Because it kind of messes the flow of the mastery system, combined with later temptation of using it "as an out" later to justify a poor decision. Mastery points should be limited to their content block, and enough points made available without using external sources. Excess Mastery points in LS3 were done specifically to address a bottle neck in Magumma maps, as masteries are not only a traversal requirement at low levels, but are prerequisites for each other at higher levels. The 9 Tyrian Map mastery points were added to address a shortage of Tyrian MPs, as without Season 2, you'd need almost every available MP from the achievements panel.... many of which are tied to very expensive collections or activities. This was Blocking things like Legendary Crafting, which is intended to be a highly motivating gold sink for the Economy.

Path of Fire on the other hand had a natural abundance of MPs, coupled with a low completion cost on the mastery tracks. They also made sure there were additional MPs on each map to cover players who skip the story in favor of free exploration. Both of which were a response to complaints about progress being blocked in HOT due to mastery points, and progress flow frequently relying on "optional" MPs (particularly Adventures and Meta Complitionist) if you didn't spend your points in the right order for a series of challenges.

The issue isn't that those points could be extra.... the issue that those points shouldn't even be a concern in the first place.

I'd love it.. the HoT maps are great fun to fly around in :)

I do wish some masteries would mix though..I would honestly love a new Griffon mastery that allows Griffons to use updrafts in HoT and uses HoT mastery points to unlock it not PoF.I see no reason why those who own both expansion packs shouldn't get cool little mastery synergy like this.

Some HoT masteries were really cool.. as were LW3.I'll honestly be very disappointed if the hookshot mastery never gets seen outside of Draconis Mons..I badly wanted that to expand.. not only to just pull yourself around but also to swing as well..

I love the idea of a jumping puzzle that would utilize spiderman style swinging and hookshot pulling to navigate..

Man I hope they do more with it in LW4.. but i'm seriously doubtful it'll ever be seen again.. and that bugs me immensely.

@Teratus.2859 said:

I do wish some masteries would mix though..I would honestly love a new Griffon mastery that allows Griffons to use updrafts in HoT and uses HoT mastery points to unlock it not PoF.

I totally agree here about Griffons and updrafts. How I would suggest it be done though would still be under the Griffon/PoF mastery tree and require PoF points, but you unlock it by buying it from a vendor in a HoT map for some currency as long as you already have the Updraft mastery trained. You then train up the mastery as you would do and spend the points.

Archived