Party Progression Hearts going forward?

Rei Hino.5961

The path of Fire starting mission "Sparking the Flame" were you get the raptor the heart is unlike any heart so far in gw2 as it allow party members to contribute to the heart speed witch make a party actually useful as of now all a party does it allow you to track your friends and buff management (Prioritizing buffs goes to your party instead of random nearby people). So if your exploring as a group your pretty much playing solo I'M shure everyone have had this experience. Although that does lead to issues of what if a player in the party go outside of heart range do they still get credit for what the other party is doing as in witch case they can come back to the heart and the others can help with the 1 or 2 they missed. I got the feeling gw's tried to stay away from a party share exp system but later on maps your already level 80 could be leveling masteries but being in a party feels empty like your playing solo in a mmorpg as nothing you can do to help your friends in party so you all just kinda scatter though the map at least that what happen to my parties no coherence. So I was hoping that heart was a prototype of the new system in what I speak of? or if it could be implemented even on some of the older hearts that seem to go a lil slower then others to help speed them up? They can also scale with how many people is in the party if they was designed from the ground up and not just modified to work that way into a current or new Living story witch could be a new mechanic for how a map works. Also really hoping the dev's see this post as well and give it some level of consideration to it.

@maddoctor.2738 said:I don't think it's a good idea to make Heart progress party based. If you want to progress the Heart with others then you can finish the events that take place around them very often.

I disagree. By making it party based, I would have a reason to play with others instead of waiting for my friend to hurry up.

I'd be more happy if they got rid of the seemingly random 'someone else touched this thing you need to progress the heart recently, so now you either have to wait for it to reset or find another' aspect of a handful of hearts. literally a handful, I'm sure, in the entire game, but when you're in a party or other people are around it makes doing them infuriating.

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:no thank you !! i hope anet does not do this at all ever !!! as i never like to party up with people at all ever. unless it is really called for like teq world boss. other wise again

no thank you no way no how not ever. :/

I did say have the hearts scale verses how many people is in the party this is a mechanic to make the work of 1 person spread out over 5 as yes as the way you put it it would penalize a single player you just have more progress towards a heart at a less rate maybe but it can be constant and you can feel like your doing something for your friends as opposed to finish your heart then you just kinda stand there twiddle your thumbs and watch there heart progress in the party list or just bail and go to the next heart as opposed to you all being done at the same time. but then again it can be a option in party menu also that is a toggle deal "share heart contribution on and off switch"

@Rei Hino.5961 said:

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:no thank you !! i hope anet does not do this at all ever !!! as i never like to party up with people at all ever. unless it is really called for like teq world boss. other wise again

I did say have the hearts scale versions people in the party this is a mechanic to make the work of 1 person spread out over 5 as yes as the way you put it it would penalize a single player you just have more progress towards a heart at a less rate maybe but it can be constant and you can feel like your doing something. but then again it can be a option in party menu also that is a toggle deal "share heart contribution on and off switch"

do not care or want to and do not like to repeat myself on these types of topics . but in this case well i said no i meant no thank you and this is why . partying up with other people is a major problem in this game . others always getting in the way as well as making bad lag on top of it all. it is just not worth it and i will never do this . like i said the only time i will ever do something like this is teq world boss events other wise not happen

for others how ever if they and anet want to go down that road that be something they have to hash out . with drops and gold being shared between every one the same . but yes they could put in a toggle deal " not that hard to do long as they make sure it does not break another part of the game. or worse .

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

I did say have the hearts scale versions people in the party this is a mechanic to make the work of 1 person spread out over 5 as yes as the way you put it it would penalize a single player you just have more progress towards a heart at a less rate maybe but it can be constant and you can feel like your doing something. but then again it can be a option in party menu also that is a toggle deal "share heart contribution on and off switch"

do not care or want to and do not like to repeat myself on these types of topics . but in this case well i said no i meant no thank you and this is why . partying up with other people is a major problem in this game . others always getting in the way as well as making bad lag on top of it all. it is just not worth it and i will never do this . like i said the only time i will ever do something like this is teq world boss events other wise not happen

for others how ever if they and anet want to go down that road that be something they have to hash out . with drops and gold being shared between every one the same . but yes they could put in a toggle deal " not that hard to do long as they make sure it does not break another part of the game. or worse .

Then don't party up in a massive multiplayer online rpg. I want to play with my friends without having to be bored because they are far behind me in their heart progress.

@runeblade.7514 said:

Then don't party up in a massive multiplayer online rpg. I want to play with my friends without having to be bored because they are far behind me in their heart progress.

did i say i do that ??? even in wow eso and other games that are real triple AAA games i never party up at all unless really called for,. me and my friends like it free wild and open and get more fun out of the games that way . other people are different and like to do these things all fine and good you like it go for it .

have at it all you like just do not make it so your forced to do it in the game . give the players choice and options . that way only makes the games far more better for every one and not just some B) :3

ahh okie glad to see you are calm about the responseWARIORSCHARGEING from runeblade but that what discussions are for to fine tune the idea's for everyone. So you be okie with it with the "share heart contribution on and off switch" being included in it but that setting would only effect you if you on the same heart if the friend is elsewhere even if on the same map it be the same as it is now or the setting sharing set to off.

@"Rei Hino.5961" said:ahh okie glad to see you are calm about the responseWARIORSCHARGEING from runeblade but that what discussions are for to fine tune the idea's for everyone. So you be okie with it with the "share heart contribution on and off switch" being included in it but that setting would only effect you if you on the same heart if the friend is elsewhere even if on the same map it be the same as just 1 person in party or the setting sharing set to off.

any more calmer i would not be able to enjoy my coffee :p :p ;) . and something could be easy worked out with a little talk and some polling ideas i can see it. funny thing is for me and my friends 99.9% we are never on the same map ever. just never happens =) . but yes for other people in the game all that would work out just fine and dandy they include a toggle setting sharing set to off. or on that would make it the cherry on top for all these players that wish to use it . you all would just have to work out the details tho .

well so far just trying to help the dev's with running idea's in a hoping they see this idea format and put some thought into trying to make it work. the good and the bad points of this idea. But don't know if the dev's will even see this hopefully they comment :)(but on a side note sleepy time for me I'll catch up on any posts I miss later when I wake up)

i see what your getting at think it is good. but also think we all have bigger fish to fry up here right now. between things broken in the game since it came out in 2012 and not fixed and new bugs breaking the game and not fixed add with it ddos attacks RNG the list goes on and on but hey great ideas here i can see it fully but

you take the right kinds of spices and so forth mix them together and build your self up some good heat to give it all traction put it on the devs and player base and then be ready to fly with it. till you reach that goal .

btw you really want anet devs to see this topic . you really need to use their HASH TAG you see all the time on the forums. that will get their eyes like a lazar faster than sweet BBQ ribs . and gallon of shine :3 ;) B) #Bestforbusiness

@runeblade.7514 said:

"Alone Together"....... only in an MMO is this considered desirable.

With ANet's focus on open world with hearts. This is one of the bigger fish to fry.> @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

i see what your getting at think it is good. but also think we all have bigger fish to fry up here right now. between things broken in the game since it came out in 2012 and not fixed and new bugs breaking the game and not fixed add with it ddos attacks RNG the list goes on and on but hey great ideas here i can see it fully but

you take the right kinds of spices and so forth mix them together and build your self up some good heat to give it all traction put it on the devs and player base and then be ready to fly with it. till you reach that goal .

btw you really want anet devs to see this topic . you really need to use their HASH TAG you see all the time on the forums. that will get their eyes like a lazar faster than sweet BBQ ribs . and gallon of shine :3 ;) B) #Bestforbusiness

With ANet's focus on more open world zones with heart, This is one of the bigger fish to fry.

• 1 month later...

What happens if some in the party have the option on, and others have it off?If the Renown Heart scales for number of party members, doesn't that mean it takes the same amount of effort for each to finish? Or does one, or more, party members get to do little (or nothing) and still get credit? Would this be a way for alt account to benefit?Does the Renown Heart in Crystal Oasis work for parties outside the instance? I've never tried, so I'm curious.

Archived