Can't tame Black Moa pet

Ange Emmelia.6820

I was wondering if someone can help me in case I am just missing something obvious. I have at least 30 hall of monuments points and I have tamed the black widow spider and rainbow jellyfish, but I don't have the black moa or the white raven unlocked in my pet menu (even though I thought I had tamed these). I took my ranger to the hall of monuments because I would like to tame the black moa but I don't have any option to charm it. It appears in the hall of monuments there just doesn't appear to be an option for taming it, am I doing something wrong or is this bugged?

Thanks,

Ange

If I'm not mistaken, you have to actually have those pets unlocked in the hall of monuments...and to do that, there are a slew of things in gw1 that you have to do to achieve them. with as much as I'd like half of the pets you mentioned, I just don't have the time to go back and gain the points for them. https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome Check here to see if you have them unlocked. all you have to do it put in the name of your gw1 character to see the points you have.

You have the pre-requisites to get them, 15 and 25 HoM points and accounts linked? Also, in GW1, if you already have a pet, you cannot tame another until you see a trainer and relinquish the pet you have, you can do that at the Zaishen Menagerie in the Battle Isles. Also, you need to bring Charm Animal skill to do the taming. Make sure you turn your heroes to passive and do not bring henchmen or they will kill the pet while you are charming it.

It must be bugged. If you've got 30 points, they should be there and tameable with the usual 'F'. Only the points are required for having them in GW2, you don't need to have the Black Moa in GW1. I've done it a long time ago so don't remember in detail, but I'm pretty sure it only involved visiting the HoM with the portal stone, then finding them and pressing F, same as the jellyfish and spider. The spider is the last one to get unlocked too so you most definitely have all the points required.

How to fix it: Log into GW1 on any character and go to the Hall of Monuments. Talk to the NPC just inside the entrance and choose the option to show your account accomplishments. Exit the game, then launch GW2 and go to the HoM. If That doesn't work, log back into GW1 and go to the HoM, talk to the NPC and choose the option a few times to change between character and account display, ending on account display. If that still doesn't work, contact customer support if you haven't already.

For reference: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments#Notes

If you do not see your rewards being offered by Kimmes, the following solution has fixed the issue with some accounts:
Log back into Guild Wars 1 and speak to Kimmes in your Hall of Monuments.Toggle your hall display between character-wide and account-wide.Return to Kimmes in Guild Wars 2.

Archived