Help with a n00b's Ranger build?!

Frogger.8790

Hey everyone! I just bought the DLC combo pack, so I used one of the Level-80 boosts on a ranger.

I found a build on metabattle.com (I was told this is the best site to look for good builds) that uses Axe/Torch and a Shortbow and focuses on Condition Damage, and I'm really enjoying using those weapons! The specializations are Skirmishing, Wilderness Survival, and Beastmastery.

So, I had a few questions for the ranger community from a n00b:1) Is this the best site to go to for good, solid builds?2) Assuming I wanted to keep my current set-up, what weapons should I try to obtain?3) Same question as #2, but with armor?4) Are there any builds that you think I should use instead? Since I'm new to Ranger, I've only really tried this one so far, and I'm open to new ones!

Thanks for your help guys!

for builds check out metabattle or qtfy.eu, those builds are tried and tested. most of the builds here are fairly experimental.

the weapons you have are good for the condi ranger build you're using, once you get soulbeast I would swap axe for dagger

viper armor 4 nightmare runes, 2 trapper for max condi duration

viper is the best ranger dps, power is good for open world stuff but so is the condi build you're running. if you're going to raid look at getting a magi or harrier set for healing.

whit that setup Vipers is the best armour and weapons to use.

The thing about mettabattle is that it doent have any "general usage" builds, as in Open world and living story. you will get the most mileage out of Long-bow and Greatsword and some form of power gear (beserker of Marauder). Traits can be just about any combanation as along as toy put some thought in to it.

Archived