I still want a Penguin!

Teratus.2859

New forums means all new posts so i'm requesting this again

I want a Penguin pet.. and I mean an actual Ranger pet.. not a mini.

When i'm traveling through the shiverpeaks I want an adorable, fish eating, badass penguin waddling along side me ready to stab my enemies in the shins with it's mighty beak!And when i'm swimming my adorable, fish eating, faithful waddling friend becomes an enemy seeking missile!

The penguin is the mightiest of Ranger companions.. he doesn't die for his master.. he makes dragon minions die for theirs!

Make it happen please ^^

• 2 years later...

@Drizzt.1796 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:This thread took over 2 years to get a response XD

And yes I still want a penguin!!! lol

xD yes, it did. lol!

I'm not complaining haha xD

I can't even remember how old the original post was on the old forum format.It's probably around 4-5 years since I first requested a Penguin lmaoI shall never stop wanting a mighty Pingu of doom in Gw2!! xD

@Teratus.2859 said:

xD yes, it did. lol!

I can't even remember how old the original post was on the old forum format.It's probably around 4-5 years since I first requested a Penguin lmaoI shall never stop wanting a mighty Pingu of doom in Gw2!! xD

Would you believe it’s been since [March 2014] and still no penguins?

Teratus.2859Pretty please ^^

There are not enough Underwater pets anyway

please let us Rangers tame an awesome Penguin companion in the futureit would be much appreciated ^

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

xD yes, it did. lol!

Would you believe it’s been since
and still no penguins?

Teratus.2859
Pretty please ^^

There are not enough Underwater pets anyway

please let us Rangers tame an awesome Penguin companion in the futureit would be much appreciated ^

Holy Skritt!!! you found the original XD23rd of march 2014.. almost 6 years!! hahaha

Can I get a penguin for my patience Anet? lmao.

EditHA! I even mention in one of those old posts about maybe getting one when the far shiverpeaks open up XD6 years later and we're finally exploring it :D

Can I get a penguin for my patience Anet? lmao.

Edit
HA! I even mention in one of those old posts about maybe getting one when the far shiverpeaks open up XD6 years later and we're finally exploring it :D

Well, still no penguin! As quaggans say : Foo!

@Drizzt.1796 said:

@Westenev.5289 said:A penguin pet would be amazing... but would it be utility focused, offensive or just another meme pet nobody can use without int'ing?

int'ing? that's int'ing?

Dying or playing poorly on purpose to spite your allies is int'ing. Like choosing one of the many pets who can't provide useful boons, dps or cc (since these are the only roles a class needs outside of niche raid mechanics).

I'm all for new pets, but I'd actually like to use it outside of open world... y'know?

@Fenom.9457 said:Big time thread necro lol. I’d like at least a mini of one, but they aren’t even in game currently are they? Can’t remember seeing any

Tell me about it XD2 years of nothing and then out of the blue I get notified of comments on it and now a bunch of replies :D

But yeah, there's no penguins in Gw2 at all, if Anet were ever to add them they would be an entirely new creature for the franchise.

For fun I'm currently thinking about an underwater penguin mount atm which could be really fun to have in Gw2.Waddle about on land slowely and turn into a torpeedo underwater heheIt's dismount could be you jump off and the penguin swims really fast in a circle in front of you and makes a whirlpool that pulls enemies in ^^It could even have a boost ability like the Rollar beetle allowing us to have underwater Penguin races, and if you boost near the surface you could launch yourself in the air for a short while, crashing if you hit land lol

It could work as a mount or a ranger pet or even a mini, I'd honestly be happy with any of them ^^I just want a Penguin XD

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Big time thread necro lol. I’d like at least a mini of one, but they aren’t even in game currently are they? Can’t remember seeing any

Tell me about it XD2 years of nothing and then out of the blue I get notified of comments on it and now a bunch of replies :D

But yeah, there's no penguins in Gw2 at all, if Anet were ever to add them they would be an entirely new creature for the franchise.

For fun I'm currently thinking about an underwater penguin mount atm which could be really fun to have in Gw2.Waddle about on land slowely and turn into a torpeedo underwater heheIt's dismount could be you jump off and the penguin swims really fast in a circle in front of you and makes a whirlpool that pulls enemies in ^^It could even have a boost ability like the Rollar beetle allowing us to have underwater Penguin races, and if you boost near the surface you could launch yourself in the air for a short while, crashing if you hit land lol

It could work as a mount or a ranger pet or even a mini, I'd honestly be happy with any of them ^^I just want a Penguin XD

I never knew how much I wanted all of this until now.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Don't worry. If nothing happens by 2022, I'll make sure we come back and push the dream again!