New Thief Deadeye Condi Build

Michael Conrad.6704

I'm using this build and have it to about 95% of what is prescribed. I have never used armor that split the Runes up like this one does and was wondering whether or not this is really a sound idea ? The build is rated 100 (Meta Builds) and prescribes 4 x Nightmare Runes and 2 x Trapper Runes. Currently I have all Trapper and just obtained the Nightmare Runes. My two questions are, (1) the two Trapper Runes go on the feet and gloves , yes or no ? and (2) is this splitting of Runes fundamentally a sound idea with respect to these runes ?Thanks As Always,M. Conrad Kabay

I'll briefly describe both Runes:Superior Nightmare Rune1) +25 Condition Damage2) + 5% Condition Duration3) +50 Condition Damage4) + 10% Condition Duration5) +100 Condition Damage6) Use of Elite Skill Blinds and transfers a Condition

Superior Rune of the Trapper1) + 25 Condition Damage2) Conditions last 10% longer3) + 50 Condition Damage4) When you use a trap skill you gain 2 seconds of speed5) + 100 Condition Damage6) Transfers a Condition and gain 2 seconds when using a trap skill.

Is there an august gamer out there that will weigh in on the question du jour ? Will splitting these runes, supercede the benefit of having all the runes be the same ? I guess what worries me is that juicy number 5 (+ 100 condition damage) will be sacrificed if I do the split. I will experiment and determine it myself because I realize nobody wants to go out on a limb and answer an academic question such as this. Thanks All :)

@Michael Conrad.6704 said:Is there an august gamer out there that will weigh in on the question du jour ? Will splitting these runes, supercede the benefit of having all the runes be the same ? I guess what worries me is that juicy number 5 (+ 100 condition damage) will be sacrificed if I do the split. I will experiment and determine it myself because I realize nobody wants to go out on a limb and answer an academic question such as this. Thanks All :)

I will answer! :D

If you are trying to max out base duration, go ahead. It will supplement the duration bonus every stolen skill and Binding Shadow gets. However, superior Trapper Runes grant STEALTH for 2 seconds to make it clear. If you are going to go for a trap build, trapper Runes are better. Otherwise, Nightmare Runes are better for the two. However with a condition Deadeye build, the conditions you want to maximize on are bleed and poison. Melee does better with conditions overall so you might want to consider using either p/d or d/d. Just to let you know.

@Michael Conrad.6704 said:Is there an august gamer out there that will weigh in on the question du jour ? Will splitting these runes, supercede the benefit of having all the runes be the same ? I guess what worries me is that juicy number 5 (+ 100 condition damage) will be sacrificed if I do the split. I will experiment and determine it myself because I realize nobody wants to go out on a limb and answer an academic question such as this. Thanks All :)

This depends on weapons being used. If in fact the SB build is being used off metabattle I would suggest splitting the runes fine. Stealth provides little to the SB atacks outside an Immob and you will generally find you not using this a lot in SB. You will probaby gain a bit more by kicking up overall durations given the base duration low on SB. That SB build is also heavy on venoms so the duration boost works well there.

If using Condi p/d I would prefer the full Trapper rune set with at least respite traited. Taking a second trap even better as you can then use that trapper stealth to get a 5 bleed Sneak attack off.

If using d/d DB set, I would not go either of those runes. With potent poison traited your poison and bleed durations are high enough and you would want to look at something that boosts overall damage or adds another condition type. IE Undead will generally boost condition damage up by an extra 140 in most builds with bonus 6.

That higher base condition damage will allow your ticks to run harder for when the condition running which can do more damage overall then longer running conditions.

Thank you so much Zacchary and babazhook ! I knew there would be knowledgeable people that could analytically trace the effects of each and help me with my decision. BTW, I am using Pistol/Pistol. Partly because the build calls for it and partly because I just made HOPE :) and I freaking love that weapon. I am having considerable luck with the build in its infancy stages and look forward to increased effectiveness as I learn it and use it more. I have never before been comfortable with a build that had less than 2,000 power and this is one of those builds that relies on means other than raw power for its efficacy. I never tire of listening to people with more gaming knowledge than myself.

Archived