warrior vs guardian solo/roaming wvw?

rikilamaru.5842

@Dawdler.8521 said:Stock? PoF? HoT?

In most cases if you want high pace damage the warrior will be superior. The guardian can also build for that but will be considerably squishier... at the tank end of the spectrum they will probably be pretty close, but thats gonna be useless when roaming anyway.

Warrior is better simply because it has the mobility to engage and disengage. Guardian has great mobility to engage but horrible disengage abilities.

If you have HoT you can play Power DH and fare pretty well solo roaming. Their kit allows them to recover from an incredible amount of misplays and mistakes on their part.

If no HoT, Core Warrior is one of the best, if not still the best - even after stance changes - 1v1 Profession, if thats what you think you will encounter solo-roaming. But Core warrior scales horrendously when the fight becomes 1vX. DH has an easier time 1vX (relatively, in a perfect world, nobody should win a 1vX given equal skill levels)

@Turk.5460 said:If you have HoT you can play Power DH and fare pretty well solo roaming. Their kit allows them to recover from an incredible amount of misplays and mistakes on their part.

If no HoT, Core Warrior is one of the best, if not still the best - even after stance changes - 1v1 Profession, if thats what you think you will encounter solo-roaming. But Core warrior scales horrendously when the fight becomes 1vX. DH has an easier time 1vX (relatively, in a perfect world, nobody should win a 1vX given equal skill levels)

i got hot but not pof

@Malicious.3716 said:

In most cases if you want high pace damage the warrior will be superior. The guardian can also build for that but will be considerably squishier... at the tank end of the spectrum they will probably be pretty close, but thats gonna be useless when roaming anyway.

Warrior is better simply because it has the mobility to engage and disengage. Guardian has great mobility to engage but horrible disengage abilities.

I'm a not a guardian player and that's why i saw when i tried to play one. I don't understand the purpose of the class coz, like you said, it's a clunky profession compared to warrior and has lower health. I really wanted to enjoy the class but i can't really, because guardian has not enough mobility and not enough health/tankyness compared to warrior. What's really the point to play a guardian when you can play as a warrior? What can guardian does that warrior can't? For me, right now, it's seems to be a cheaper version of warrior.

@gannondorf.7628 said:

@Malicious.3716 said:

I'm a not a guardian player and that's why i saw when i tried to play one. I don't understand the purpose of the class coz, like you said, it's a clunky profession compared to warrior and has lower health. I really wanted to enjoy the class but i can't really, because guardian has not enough mobility and not enough health/tankyness compared to warrior. What's really the point to play a guardian when you can play as a warrior? What can guardian does that warrior can't? For me, right now, it's seems to be a cheaper version of warrior.

Although I agree with a lot of what you say, but guardian is a better defensive buffer if you are doing small roaming. There are tricks to having better mobility such as using guardian sword 2 on a critter to disengage.

guardian is an easier 'in' all the f skills when you need them, no adrenal nonsense, an elite that pops them again. Hammers not to be sniffed at but in terms of damage spike warriors have the edge , but builds , gear and weapon skills are not dissimilar between the two.I'd reccomend guard as the starter heavy as see how it goes, alot of it is personal preference, we've got some great guards.... what nice is after you do the basics, there's lots of builds/options on gaurds for other roles /support/frontline etc and good synergy with other guards. people quite often stick with it as its interesting profession , some of us enjoy both.

@Miko.4158 said:guardian is an easier 'in' all the f skills when you need them, no adrenal nonsense, an elite that pops them again. Hammers not to be sniffed at but in terms of damage spike warriors have the edge , but builds , gear and weapon skills are not dissimilar between the two.I'd reccomend guard as the starter heavy as see how it goes, alot of it is personal preference, we've got some great guards.... what nice is after you do the basics, there's lots of builds/options on gaurds for other roles /support/frontline etc and good synergy with other guards. people quite often stick with it as its interesting profession , some of us enjoy both.

The issue with guardian as a starter will be the frustration of dying since all of it's defensive CDs must be activated while warrior has passive defensive CDs. I would recommend warrior first and then guardian.

@Malicious.3716 said:

@Miko.4158 said:guardian is an easier 'in' all the f skills when you need them, no adrenal nonsense, an elite that pops them again. Hammers not to be sniffed at but in terms of damage spike warriors have the edge , but builds , gear and weapon skills are not dissimilar between the two.I'd reccomend guard as the starter heavy as see how it goes, alot of it is personal preference, we've got some great guards.... what nice is after you do the basics, there's lots of builds/options on gaurds for other roles /support/frontline etc and good synergy with other guards. people quite often stick with it as its interesting profession , some of us enjoy both.

The issue with guardian as a starter will be the frustration of dying since all of it's defensive CDs must be activated while warrior has passive defensive CDs. I would recommend warrior first and then guardian.

well im use to dying allot with my chrono and druid.

@rikilamaru.5842 said:

@Malicious.3716 said:

well im use to dying allot with my chrono and druid.

Actually i find chrono (and mesmer by expansion) much more tankier than guardian. I'm a mesmer main but the whole monk/parangon theme is Something i love since gw1 (i was a monk) but i tried to play guardian in gw2 and find it squishy as hell. You don't have mobility, you have low health and you need to active all CD to survive. Warrior,in another hand, has more passive defense (and Healing with signet + force traitline), high health pool and more mobility so i find it more easy to play.

@Malicious.3716 said:

@Miko.4158 said:you need to pop resistance or you die in warrior or any class.

Spellbreaker has so many different sources of resistance and Condi cleanses. Core warrior with Last Stand trait and healing signet has more than enough resistance and Condi cleanses to deal with any Condi roamers.

Yeah spellbreaker pushed the warrior tankiness even further. With the counter thing you literally are even more tanky than core warrior. Pushed the difference between guardian and warrior even beyond.

@Malicious.3716 said:

Spellbreaker has so many different sources of resistance and Condi cleanses. Core warrior with Last Stand trait and healing signet has more than enough resistance and Condi cleanses to deal with any Condi roamers.

last stand is for stab not resistance , you have to pop resistance or add it to full counter , both are active resistance measures.stab is not such an issue for roaming its for zergs .we reccomend guard for wvw starters, but it depends who you have to support you in the guild on builds etc.there are alot more guards than warriors about.also if you are roaming you need to not focus on tankiness , or you will always die.its dps

@gannondorf.7628 said:

@Malicious.3716 said:

Do we really have to go down the list?

Strong Boon Generation, Multiple sources of Condi clear, (Decisively) Strong active defenses, lots of Retaliation, multiple sources of healing over time, a strong Block/Heal skill, Stability, more stability, burning base line. With Dragon Hunter it also gets access to Traps which act as both sustain (offense and defense) and area denial, more offensive and defensive utility from Virtues, and a significant amount of damage from traits. Firebrand is the single strongest support Spec in the game right now; and light years ahead of the Warrior on it, with the ONLY exception being Winds of Disenchantment as the single strongest skill in WvW right now.

Theres a reason Guardian has always been the main front line class, even with the current boonstrip meta (the one thing designed to utterly decimate it)...... their sustain options are made to cycle frequently, has the ability to purge controls reliably, and can share this with an entire party. Warrior doesn't reliably purge conditions on its own, and relies heavily on traits and utilities to outlast them. While this makes them durable against damage, they have trouble with control conditions, which makes them less reliable as fights scale upward. SpellBreaker does scale upward far better, but thats mostly because SB is carrying all of its damage component, thus freeing the other 2 lines for a tank spec. But a Guardian immediately force multiplies any ally in range, and can act as sustain for a whole group. More importantly, they can do this in both Offensive AND Defensive configurations, completely through traits and skills, and frees up their gear choices to push in either direction.

So while their self-sustain might fall behind a warrior, Guardian's force multiplication factor makes it serviceable in a solo fight, but a major sustain boost in any group setting. I'm guessing you're only looking at the situation in a 1v1 perspective... in which case, Warrior has the advantages in that (its what they're built for). But if you think a guardian can't hold its own in fight, I'd like you to meet the 3 Dragon Hunters I ran into this week (all solo) that managed to outsustain 5 DPS builds chasing it.

@Miko.4158 said:

@Malicious.3716 said:

last stand is for stab not resistance , you have to pop resistance or add it to full counter , both are active resistance measures.stab is not such an issue for roaming its for zergs .we reccomend guard for wvw starters, but it depends who you have to support you in the guild on builds etc.there are alot more guards than warriors about.also if you are roaming you need to not focus on tankiness , or you will always die.its dps

Actually Last Stand increases the duration of berserker stance by 1 second or an extra pulse of resistance so it actually DOES give you more resistance. Thank you, try again.

Archived