[BUG] Visual Glitch: Bullet Flares [merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[BUG] Visual Glitch: Bullet Flares [merged]

There are at least three different threads on this and I think it'd be good to merge so that devs can see the breadth of the issue and have an easy means to ask questions, if they're needed.

Thank you for these reports. I'll be sure to pass this along.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

Tagged:
<<1

Comments

• TheBravery.9615TheBravery.9615 Member ✭✭
    edited November 12

Video of the issue:

• Totenkopf.9805Totenkopf.9805 Member ✭✭

Its not a bug it is a new wvw content.
    Anet is trying so hard to make wvw better and u people are just ungrateful !

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭

Not just WvW, I see this in PvE too. Last time I was doing Tarir Meta and saw this on the walls.

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

• Zackie.8923Zackie.8923 Member ✭✭

i thought it was my computer's graphics card...

• ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭

Ah yes me and the guild have taken to calling it the particle effect poltergeist.

• Came here to see if anyone had posted on this - I ran into it in a pve map also, on the walls of a charr building near meatoberfest.

• ThomasC.1056ThomasC.1056 Member ✭✭✭

A lot of explosions everywhere. It's especially visible in the rocky places south of crypt, in DBL.
    Explosions are also often associated with a sound FX from random skills. Like, mesmer shatters or portals, necro's feast of corruption etc.

Look at that—you broke Scruffy's sarcasm meters. ~ Taimi.

• Ronan.9518Ronan.9518 Member ✭✭

Should be related to halloween, and if i remember right it's not the first year we got these random effects

• Teofa Tsavo.9863Teofa Tsavo.9863 Member ✭✭✭

Will happen on every char of mine during Claw of Jormag, no matter where I am in Frostgorge.

Centuries ago, I saved Tyria. I've since realized that it is, in Arthur's words, "a silly place".

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭

I wonder if that's one of the reasons my fps are significantly worse than in HoT.

• INKED.3827INKED.3827 Member

Glad to read that others are seeing this... new pc build timed exactly with this bug had me going crazy... hopefully they can fix it soon

• Boo.5743Boo.5743 Member

Yep, seeing this a lot in WvW even when nothing else is happening around me. I call it PTSD from the war.

• lolage.1450lolage.1450 Member

I've been having this for a while too; I thought it was somehow related to the karka mini i.e.: sometime after enabling/disabling the karka mini in pve I end up seeing what I thought was the animation for the mini travelling underground but for some reason it has random explosions with sound effects such as necro pet explosions/engi grenades.

• @TheBravery.9615 said:

why u Post my Video again? Useless to make X-Million Threats Original Post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/215587#Comment_215587

• NeroBoron.7285NeroBoron.7285 Member ✭✭
    edited October 27

Also have that problem, in the video its only at one spot but that are way more, sometimes 5 such random effects at the same time in different spots. totally annoying. Also maybe related, since that patch i got delays in displaying animation from attacks sometimes, as well as delayed sound of them.

@PassionWhisky.3457
    Well maybe you original thread should have a corrosponding name. specially when people look here for some sort of explosion bug your description is totally misleading and wont be found by them

• TheBravery.9615TheBravery.9615 Member ✭✭

@PassionWhisky.3457 said:

@TheBravery.9615 said:

why u Post my Video again? Useless to make X-Million Threats Original Post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/215587#Comment_215587

Sorry- this bug was annoying me and I didn't record a video like you did. Saw your thread and reposted it with a more proper title for more attention.

• okok, i found a interesst think on this Bug, he is only in there way who is a Fight. Theory: u stand in spawn (red) u see a Battle Cross on Wildcreek Tower, now the random animation come North East infront of u

• is it a bug? or is it for Halloween only? any official statement on this?

• @stephanie wise.7841 said:
    is it a bug? or is it for Halloween only? any official statement on this?

its a Bug, it comes only when any fights on the map

• For the last month I'm seeing a lot of random bullet/hit FX on terrain and buildings. No one is firing, and there appears nothing I can pin this on. Anyone else getting this?

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭

Yes, I got the same issue in WvW. Like someone is constantly siring a machine gun in my general direction. The bullet impacts follow me where I walk. I'm an Elementalist and I never had a gun in my hands.

Maybe now that you are finished with this nonsense, you can come back to Ascalon and help deal with the filthy Charr infestation.

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• I stopped in Pangloss for a couple of minutes, and the FX seem to appear in clusters. Everything from bullet hits to animal attack FX. Get a dozen, then nothing for a while, then it starts again. If you're running in the open, they seem to appear randomly anywhere.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 10

What do you mean, its not distracting at all.

It been around since the halloween patch (I've even heard some claim oh it's a halloween feature! lol). Going by how many weeks its been now for something that clearly impacts the game as a whole... I mean we know they dont care about WvW where you always think an enemy is attacking you, but look at the video! I'm in a HoT zone! This is PvE!!! PvE is on gemstore level of importance, Anet apparently cant fix it.

So I guess this is our life now.

• That's exactly it. Thank you for posting a video. I've been seeing this in WvW way before the halloween patch. I will keep an eye out in the HoT zones, do some PvE tonight and see if it's there too.

• Hey Arenanet! Can you confirm that this is an issue you know about?

• The known issue tracker hasn't been updated in over two weeks either. Yet it claims that it updates at least once a week. This issue needs to be fixed, because its annoying, and in wvw, I constantly have to wonder if I'm actually getting attacked or not when roaming if I zone out even a little bit. It makes wvw a lot more stressful than it should be.

• Rabe.2456Rabe.2456 Member

Did anybody encounter these as well?

I wonder if these effects are just a bug or if they're connected to the current events.
    Maybe related to https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15476/bug-random-bullet-fx

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

I get this all the time since halloween patch. I thought it would go away last week but it didn't.
    I tried repairing my client yesterday, but couldn't go in game to see if it changed anything yet. Hopefully it does because it's annoying.

• That is bizarre. (Just to be clear, you're pointing out the "explosion" visuals, yes?)

Have you posted in Bugs? I am sure someone would want to take a look.

Gaile Gray

• Phlogistn.7893Phlogistn.7893 Member ✭✭

they are constant in WvW, have been since the Halloween patch, and frankly are very annoying. Not to mention if someone has a seizure disorder potentially a problem. They come in a variety of colors btw

Probably same issue, has been posted a few times already. Still occurs, also in WvW.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/258432

Maybe now that you are finished with this nonsense, you can come back to Ascalon and help deal with the filthy Charr infestation.

• Cool, that's at least 4 of us having the same issue now

• Asum.4960Asum.4960 Member ✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    That is bizarre. (Just to be clear, you're pointing out the "explosion" visuals, yes?)

Have you posted in Bugs? I am sure someone would want to take a look.

Those random explosions have been in the game for weeks now, especially in WvW they go absolutely nuts.

Maybe less lootboxes, more fixes?
    (Yes, I'm going to be passive aggressive about this stuff now, I hate gambling)

"As you know, those who you once called friends have become enemies." ~Glint

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

Happens since two weeks or so.
    It was so rapid it was more like someone burned down 25 firecrackers next to me.

Zedexx, Asura Deadeye. Lone Wolf - Trust nothin' but my brain, my guns and my daggers ...
    ...and my beloved kangaroo/rabbit (a.k.a. "The Springer"). Hurt him and you'll be marked for death with maximum malice stacks.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

• Haishao.6851Haishao.6851 Member ✭✭✭

It seems people get different effects. I mostly get necro spells effect and sounds mixed with a few ele lightings.
    If repairing my client didn't fix them, I will record it next time I get them.

I recorded a vid:

• I have been doing zone completes for a number of my characters in Lake Doric for the last week and I have seen those everywhere. I thought it was just an effect of all the Bloodstone in that zone.

• felincyriac.5981felincyriac.5981 Member ✭✭
    edited November 12

It's a feature.

• Ceridwen.6703Ceridwen.6703 Member ✭✭

I was having that happen as well, over this last week. On my last session I ended up quitting because they were so annoying. I'm pretty sensitive to any extra flashes as it is, so these are particularly distracting and make it rather difficult to play (thus, I'm not).

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Steve R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

• Just read about this in another thread. I likely will merge the threads so that the devs can see the posts and ask questions, if need be.

Thanks for your reports!

Gaile Gray

<<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.