Am I going mad or? Are scourges not that strong?

TheDevice.2751

Scourge wipe the floor with reapers. That I know.Reapers dont really hard counter anything in the game.

Everyone complains about scourge being this unstoppable force yet they get hard countered by

SpellbreakerDeadeyeAnything MesmerRangerRifle HolosmithDragonhunter

There are probably more. I'm thinking after that bug fix, scourge will only really be ever beating a reaper lol. I think this game legitimately just hates necromancers.

When they "gutted" the spellbreaker (which they actually just made from immortal to overpowered. They are no longer god status, just simply op) They added buffs to compliment their nerfs. Like the nerfs werent that bad. What now you have to wait 10 seconds for a your full counter? Thats nothing. You're cycling through all your skills constanty anyway. Anything you cant just facetank you can GS away from and reengage. You got your BS recharge cut in half. From 60 seconds to 30 seconds. You got loads of axe buffs (which work well with a SB).

Meanwhile whenver they give a necromancer a buff.... they actually nerf them hard. I've been seeing this trend for years. Its the same as it always has been. I think anet and the community uses necros as some damn scapegoat to vent their frustrations on. (LITERALLY) they are the punchingbags of the GW2.

And i was thinking, "hey, look, finally a topic that will cite scourge and it's not another whining show"...Came back to this game, tried pvp, liked it. Even joined the forums to get a better understandment of the whole scene.2 months ago i sincerely thought that the problem was balance, anet forcing pof sells trough balance, the devs not hearing the community, etc. But now i just know that what make this a terrible environment is just the players.

• "Oh, my class is always the worst"
  • "The devs hates us"
  • "I just go afk if my team don't play just the way i want"

@Malafaia.8903 said:And i was thinking, "hey, look, finally a topic that will cite scourge and it's not another whining show"...Came back to this game, tried pvp, liked it. Even joined the forums to get a better understandment of the whole scene.2 months ago i sincerely thought that the problem was balance, anet forcing pof sells trough balance, the devs not hearing the community, etc. But now i just know that what make this a terrible environment is just the players.

• "The devs hates us"

Interesting how I was one of the first people to say Scourge was broken, I admit there is a bug that is busted... yet you cant cite any facts on how all those classes actually still beat a scourge (pretty easily actually.)

The issue is you probably don't like to get beat by scourges.

@Crinn.7864 said:You run scourge with a firebrand, the firebrand's support prevents the scourge from dying to stuff while the scourge farms everything. Scourge + Firebrand is like the old Reaper + Tempest, except scourge + firebrand is 100% stronger and more polarizing.

Ok then there shouldn't be any "combo" style of game play. The game should be balanced around 1v1's which is what many have been saying. Reapers and Scourge are not balance for 1v1. They have too much aoe and ambient daamage/effects. They would have to make all necros less ambient damage and more 1v1ish. Otherwhise, you're always going to have this issue. Why isnt firebrand nerfed as well? And once they are both nerfed, then what are they doing? If firebrand cant keep them alive, they probably wont be doing any damage, their support sucks and even if they buffed ther support, they'd still die without a firebrand.

Whats the solution? -----------> balance towards 1v1's.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Malafaia.8903 said:And i was thinking, "hey, look, finally a topic that will cite scourge and it's not another whining show"...Came back to this game, tried pvp, liked it. Even joined the forums to get a better understandment of the whole scene.2 months ago i sincerely thought that the problem was balance, anet forcing pof sells trough balance, the devs not hearing the community, etc. But now i just know that what make this a terrible environment is just the players.
  • "The devs hates
    us
    "

Interesting how I was one of the first people to say Scourge was broken, I admit there is a bug that is busted... yet you cant cite any facts on how all those classes actually still beat a scourge (pretty easily actually.)

The issue is you probably don't like to get beat by scourges.

And that's where you're wrong, kiddo.Playing mostly as a Druid, i have problems with spellbreakers, holosmiths, classes that have stability and gap closers. But i can fight scourges without much problems. And that's just the way things are. People want diversity but are not willing to accept that some classes can and will counter others.

@Lighter.5631 said:? scourge at the moment literally hard counters spellbreaker

Let's not forget he also said Holosmith counter Scourge when Holo is pretty reliant on boons and Scourge loves to give you Torment and Cripple instead of boons. Plus the great deal of Holo damage is at melee range, and that's exactly where you don't want to be against a Scourge.

@Lighter.5631 said:? scourge at the moment literally hard counters spellbreaker and holosmith

The only thing a scourge can do vs a spell breaker is abuse a bug in the game.

Holosmiths can kite a scourge pretty easily and once they're low on cd's can finish them off with any of their burst rotations.

Would you be satisfied with "this is just a L2P" issue? Maybe we should start using that as the basis of this argument.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:? scourge at the moment literally hard counters spellbreaker and holosmithyea you are going mad

Let's not forget he also said Holosmith counter Scourge when Holo is pretty reliant on boons and Scourge loves to give you Torment and Cripple instead of boons. Plus the great deal of Holo damage is at melee, and that's exactly where you don't want to be against a Scourge.

Again maybe this is a ltp issue. I specifically said rifle holo which is meta right now. They have great kiting ability and can burst a scourge easily once they are low on cd's. I think this is nothing more than a L2P issue.

And, by all means, nerf the scourge. I really don't care that much. I will however find that other post I made that pretty much foreseen all this way ahead of time. Scourge will not be considered "ok" until they are gutted and virtually unplayable. I've already seen this and it will happen. Its just around the corner.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:? scourge at the moment literally hard counters spellbreaker and holosmithyea you are going mad

Let's not forget he also said Holosmith counter Scourge when Holo is pretty reliant on boons and Scourge loves to give you Torment and Cripple instead of boons. Plus the great deal of Holo damage is at melee, and that's exactly where you don't want to be against a Scourge.

Again maybe this is a ltp issue. I specifically said rifle holo which is meta right now. They have great kiting ability and can burst a scourge easily once they are low on cd's. I think this is nothing more than a L2P issue.

Rifle don't really deal that much damage from afar and if a Scourge is stupid enough to remain on the open instead of using the many covers the PvP maps have around the points while a Holosmith is shooting him with his rifle, well, then he deserve to die.

Indeed it's a "learn to play" issue... It's a Scourge that don't know what he is doing losing to a profession he should be beating without a problem.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

Rifle don't really deal that much damage from afar and if a Scourge is stupid enough to remain on the open instead of using the many covers the PvP maps have around the points while a Holosmith is shooting him with his rifle, well, then he deserve to die.

Indeed it's a "learn to play" issue... It's a Scourge that don't know what he is doing losing to a profession he should be beating without a problem.

Only it doesn't lol. Ive beaten plenty of scourge on holo. The rifle damage isn't weak at all. And if cover is your only point of argument then I dont even know what to say about all that. You can believe whatever you want in that case. (cuz there's so much cover on a point)

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:? scourge at the moment literally hard counters spellbreaker and holosmith

Holosmiths can kite a scourge pretty easily and once they're low on cd's can finish them off with any of their burst rotations.

Would you be satisfied with "this is just a L2P" issue? Maybe we should start using that as the basis of this argument.

as merely a legend player, i do need to l2p...sorry, my bad.

The thing is, scourge can probably only be healthy in a support role. People will resent it and probably deem them unplayable.The only way I think that will happen is by gutting their damage (as was going to happen), buffing their own sustain and overall team support. Which is just kindof a funny thing to do XD. But its the only way.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Yeah I was legend a couple seasons ago. Didn't know that still meant much :pensive:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Yeah I was legend a couple seasons ago? Didn't know that still mean much :pensive:

my dog Timmy was also legend a couple seasons ago. he's very cute

@Lighter.5631 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Yeah I was legend a couple seasons ago? Didn't know that still mean much :pensive:

My paperclip is legend this season yo :D I was more surprised at the fact I even owned a paperclip

@TheDevice.2751 said:The thing is, scourge can probably only be healthy in a support role. People will resent it and probably deem them unplayable.The only way I think that will happen is by gutting their damage (as was going to happen), buffing their own sustain and overall team support. Which is just kindof a funny thing to do XD. But its the only way.

Well, Scourge was sold out as a Support spec for necro and not as a condition pumping/boon corrupting machine. I don't see anything wrong with reducing it's damage potential while increasing it's support capabilities.

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

My paperclip is legend this season yo :D I was more surprised at the fact I even owned a paperclip

Well, my dog timmy was not so good at pvp, but he was able to get legend by playing a lot a couple seasons ago, which is not possible anymore, i feel sad for him.i didn't know you have a such skilled paperclip, good for you mate.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:

Well, my dog timmy was not so good at pvp, but he was able to get legend by playing a lot a couple seasons ago, which is not possible anymore, i feel sad for him.i didn't know you have a such skilled paperclip, good for you mate.

How many seasons ago do you think I got legend? Like when they first started the ranking system? Besides I suppose we could all just grind whatever broken build there is out tehre. Guarantee'd 60% of last season legend players got legendary from grinding scourge or SB. Sb players still have freelo but more akin to the freelo of holosmith and mesmer.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@TheDevice.2751 said:The thing is, scourge can probably only be healthy in a support role. People will resent it and probably deem them unplayable.The only way I think that will happen is by gutting their damage (as was going to happen), buffing their own sustain and overall team support. Which is just kindof a funny thing to do XD. But its the only way.

Well, Scourge was sold out as a Support spec for necro and not as a condition pumping/boon corrupting machine. I don't see anything wrong with reducing it's damage potential while increasing it's support capabilities.

Again, I already saw that coming and again the entirety of the issue is that Anet pretends that they are not balancing around 1v1's. They try, always with necromancer to be this team player, and fail. Then they bench necro and allow all the proper 1v1 classes to take the spotlight again.

Archived