My wvw scrapper build

Anthony.7630

Hello all i wanted to share my scrapper build with you all. It's not very "flashy" but it gets the job done.

This is it -http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUhCsY1VwvLw6FLTGl4zUABQ42lMfH9fn37NA-j1BCQBA4CBgv9HMmyvr9ABIkOCMp+DKVCSKgikpB-w

It uses sentinel armor and durability runes with healing turret / elixir c / elixir b / rocket boots / and supply create.KEEP IN MIND THIS IS NOT A ROAMING BUILD - This is a zerg squad build and also a havoc party group.

Need to be in team speak to hear your commander's tactics and commands. Watch positioning.

Use toss elixir b on your self and 5 nearby people when you are fleeing or charging for 3 stacks of stability and elixir c to clean yours and your allies conditions.

Hammer (5) is thunder clap - drop this and follow with (3) rocket charge and (2) electric whirl to produce leap and blast lightning finishers - which causes dazing bolts - about 10 bolts - to nearby enemies doing strong power damage and dazing them for 1 second. IMPORTANT - More than the skills / it's the daze bolts that do the most amount of damage to people. Even with 2300 power - those daze bolts hit hard. If you want too, you can trait expert examination (to weaken and add vulnerability) but i wouldn't recommend it ... mass momentum is very good damage. During lords and Keep fights - the dazing bolts from this combo can do about 40% of a bosses's break bar. Also Electric whirl can be used defensively to reflect range attacks.Any ways..... Thunder clap is a decent stun but Supply create is a STRONG stun. Supply create does about 1300 damage (with sentinel gear) and stuns 5 people for 3.25 seconds. As soon as you drop supply create press the button hot key again to overload it and cause a 1000 damage aoe explosion on the area (after the stun).Healing mist (tool belt 1) heals for about 1400 health over 4 seconds (regeneration) as well it's a water field. Healing turret is a water field and a blast finisher and a cleansing machine.

Elixir c converts all conditions into boons. Try not to panic and use it too early - wait till you're heavily stacked with conditions. The reason is adaptive armor (scrapper trait) and loaf of saffron bread (-20% condi duration) and the massive 30k vitality = means that you can tank some condi but can cleanse removal when you get focused hard on condi.

Med pack drop (tool kit 5) is useful for providing small amounts of healing and condi clears for your teamates and groups.

Overall this build is mostly for tanking damage, healing and cleansing , providing strong aoe stuns and aoe daze, having a small burst window for key moments, and is useful for being a great support.

If you want a build similar to this - try a guardian hammer or firebrand. Pretty damm good actually.

WHY I DIDN'T USE GYROS

• I find gyros have trouble keeping up with me and their small aoe effects (cleansins and bulwark ) only effect people if they are near them. Also gyros die to fast, and i think while the elixirs skills (the tool belt ones) require more skill to toss and land on your allies - their overall effectiveness is way better. Runes of durability also help kind of when you are next to your commander giving your self and others resistance.
  • Also final salvo is good if you go maruader scrapper to charge in but it's mostly for frontline dps builds. This build is more different - a rather defense approach with a short window of burst damage. Toss elixir b is on a 20 second coldown (traited from 25 from HGH) and provides 3 stacks of stability to you and and 4 other people for 6 seconds (boon buffed). It can take getting used to to land the aoe circle but it's very worth it.

Another reason i don't use stealth gyro is because when in a havoc squad or just bull shitting with other people - you WANT the thiefs and memser to focus on you. Not good to hide or be in stealth. Yes you can use stealth gyro if you want to be sneaky, but overall you shouldn't be too afraid to getting hit or taking damage. Also Self, regulating defenses is traited so you can drop to 25% and run as well as prep a healing turret with automated medical response.

Generally using this build comes down to watching your position and being useful to your allies and knowing when to use your hammers skills for defense or burst. Also landing stuns is important.

I know i don't have swiftness. You can get swiftness from someone else and you also have mecha legs. Mecha legs condi reduction stacks with loaf of saffron bread.

perfectly waited and toss elixir b to keep stability. You have to feel when the scourges or going to drop their condi bombs and roll through it to get the stability.

rocket boots is very good for a burst of speed to re-adjust your position in combat. It can also be used to escape an enemy or to charge into a group of enemies. Rocket boots removes immoblized crippled and chill. Very useful if you are getting focus on and need to get away during a fight (low on health) or if you need to charge someone and they try to cc you. Works well with toss elixir B.

GEAR - I picked sentinel because engineers don't have aegis and hardly have much stability. Also their cleanses are not that good versus scourges.To gear up - you should either buy exotic sentinel armor and Hammer in the TP or farm your triumphant armor and weapon tracks in wvw. Soldier armor is good but you want to get sentinel instead. The power from soldier is nice but hammer skills still do decent damage even with low power AND the daze bolts are the most damaging part of your burst window. Also if you do guild missions and have good crafting - you can buy in TP or use guild tokens to get sentinel insignia used to craft the armor and weapons.

For jewelery you can farm living world 3 for jewlery in those new meta maps or farm tickets to buy jewelry . BEWERE : exotic sentinel jewelry cost almost 250 gold. Each piece goes for 25-40 gold each in TP and the back piece you need to use a lucky rooster to substitute as shaman stat line in order to get geared.

Once you are fully geared, you should be super tanky. I reccomend getting wvw infustions (power or toughness either or ) and wvw traits (guard damage guard defense siege defense) and you will be very tanky.

I play on maguuma server as a pug and in a guild and i also use a razor nage mouse. I binded my tool belt skills with ALT + 1-5 and my main skills are the main 1-0 numbers.

I know this build is not "good" but so far it has worked for me. I hope people can have an open mind to this. build and maybe if you like it ...try it your self. Sorry if this is a bad build. I use this all the time.

I wanted to say that bulwark and cleansing gyro tool belt skills are not too bad but they are not as good as toss elixir spells imo.

I don't really use rocket kick tool belt skill even though it has a decent burn even with no conditional damage. I also don't use elixir b buff except for swiftness ( you also get it traited) or for reflect.

It should be noted that hammer skills actually scale really good. You can try a berserker assassina build and explode people but expect to get 1 shotted. However evern 2200 power - hammer skills do decent damage.

Um what else.....there is no sentinel or defense runes in spvp so i think berserker or assassin hammer is good or holosmith or blow torch build is ok.

I would never roam as engineer. You can call me bad but in wvw roaming is mainly for thiefs and mesmer. Those guys usually hit hard and outplay you with more "stuff" in their builds but they are not so bad in group play.

Firebrand is really a better option than this scrapper build. A maurder scrApper is good for havoc but unless you have a guard helping you , expect to die to scourges when charging

I tried holosmith in wvw. Its pretty good. I think holosmith is kind of selfish and not very deadly ( decent burst damage) but they offer nothing to allies unless you build for that and thus sacrifice damage.

Any ways hope everyone enjoyed my build. It's super casual and noob haha.

Archived