Returning Player Pondering Elite options for Thief

Seabhac.6824

Hey all I just wanted to pick your brains.. I am a returning player after 4 years and came back with several friends. I opted to set my Mesmer aside and give my old thief a run. I've been reading up on my options between Daredevil and Deadeye and I'm torn.. we really only play PvE content, only once in a blue moon do we ever PvP. Everything I read is all PvP.. PvP..PvP..PvP.. PvP.. I came back in the came with Pistol /Pistol and head enjoyed it so far. My question is,.. what works best in PvE .. Deadeye or Daredevil? there's 4-5 of us playing solo and together and have had some issues claiming our guild hall. Thanks in advance!

no daredevil isnt much better in everything, atlest it can bee a bit better, in single target dps difference is very small while deadeye can also provide a bit or some more support depending on build while daredevil never will do this :D deadeye lack only with good aoe which have daredevil with staff and thts all as for mein pve open worldsmobility doesnt matter because of mounts :) in pve instances insignificant because everyone wont be able to mount and mostly people doeasnt going into mobility for pve but for damage/support :)only better thing which is doing daredevil than deadeye is just better mobility via dash with swiftness but even this you wont need if you want to play on different buid and you know how/what to do :)

EDIT: forgot to add to just dont go for rifle...its to slow to make dps in pve and in pvp this is one of the hardest things to learn how to use propely to not being useless piece of shit

If you enjoy P/P then i would suggest Deadeye.

For Open World PvE i personally loveCritical Strikes: 3/2/3 for self healing on crits - nice when spamming unload, or 3/2/1 for fury/ferocityTrickery 3/1/2 Because Deadeye recharges steal on kill or by using Mercy, so everytime you do that you get initiative back, gain fury, might and swiftness, steal boons, grant vigor and daze the targetDeadeye 2/2/2 So reduced damage from your marked target, your first attack stuns and you gain quickness and increase power and precision.

Most normal enemies are dead after 1 or 2 Unloads and i can spam it all day long.

@Seabhac.6824 said:Hey all I just wanted to pick your brains.. I am a returning player after 4 years and came back with several friends. I opted to set my Mesmer aside and give my old thief a run. I've been reading up on my options between Daredevil and Deadeye and I'm torn.. we really only play PvE content, only once in a blue moon do we ever PvP. Everything I read is all PvP.. PvP..PvP..PvP.. PvP.. I came back in the came with Pistol /Pistol and head enjoyed it so far. My question is,.. what works best in PvE .. Deadeye or Daredevil? there's 4-5 of us playing solo and together and have had some issues claiming our guild hall. Thanks in advance!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAUnkFD9OhFOBOGDsPhFaCj/XWMjmehh0QZQLAMhmNA-j1BFQBlY/BBcBAUnOgDp+zFVCqQlfA4BAAA-wThis is my current deadeye build which works very well in PvE. It's a slightly tanky power rifle build with plenty of might generation that can be shared with others in combat. Although if you are looking for AoE damage, daredevil is better. However, you will miss out on the juicy might generation.

Unless you plan on being the best of the best, or if you don't plan on making GW2 a very daily, semi-professional gaming lifestyle, then you can honestly play any PvE content however you like and be just fine, so long as your build has consistent synergy with the builds of the group you're running with. You won't have the most efficient results by doing it this way, but you can do it, as long as you know how to play the build.

Just wanted to say thanks to you all for all the suggestions.. I'm running deadeye with dual pistols and loving it,.. any suggestions on runes and ways to get a better PvE set ? currently have all runes of the thief and was wondering on some ideas on the optimal setup,m.. thanks!

@Seabhac.6824 said:Just wanted to say thanks to you all for all the suggestions.. I'm running deadeye with dual pistols and loving it,.. any suggestions on runes and ways to get a better PvE set ? currently have all runes of the thief and was wondering on some ideas on the optimal setup,m.. thanks!

I run runes of the scholar with zerker gear since p/p is a power build.

Archived