What do you think of this build

Wandering Mist.2973

Hi guys.

For a while now I've been struggling to find a suitable Mesmer build for open world PvE. All the builds I've tried so far have either given a lot of burst damage (great for trash mobs, useless for bosses) or mostly condi sustained damage (great for bosses, useless for trash). So I've come up with a build to try and give me the best of both worlds, using the sustained dps from phantasms whilst also allowing me to do a basic shatter combo for burst if I need to:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAscRnsIClphFMDeoBMMjlVDrcDMCCA+FwFYEEdLcGqCA-jBBXgAPKBD1HAs/o8rX9HA-e

The general idea is that if I need to burst down weaker mobs, I use my greatsword and do the following combo (melee range):

GS 2 -> diversion -> GS 4 -> Jaunt -> Mind Wrack -> GS 3 (usually not needed). Pretty much the same combo that you see in PvP, and although with this build it's not quite as strong, it is still enough to kill normal mobs. Then, if I want sustained damage output I switch to my dual swords, trying to keep as much uptime on my phantasms as possible. This is why I take Illusionary Ambush as one of my utility spells because it allows me to switch targets without losing any of my illusions.

so what do you guys thinks? Could this sort of build work in end-game PvE (fractals and raids) or should I just keep this for wandering around the world? Are there any changes you think I should make? It should be noted that I currently don't have chronomancer unlocked so that isn't an option for me. Also the gear I posted is what I'm currently wearing and it would take me a long time to change it if needed.

Thanks

Archived