Alternate FB Bunker

R E F L H E X.8413

Made it to top ten using this build would only switch out quickness mantra for the condi mantra in heavy condi teams and it still didnt help much.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADFBjtCBeDBkCjFGC7qY1lCAYHgJwXaPfGQPoA-jJxHABKfKA8Z/BkLDAwTAAA

The reasoning behind this is I was wanting to try to find a way that I could impact the fight with damage without dropping my healing. Quickness was the most ideal way to accomplish this. Also 5 pages seems like enough for most battles. Was forced to play ranked when I knew I was going to be on a losing streak and lost like 5 in a row while not being very confident.

Should have a screen of me being rank 7 with it I guess I didnt take one then. I had like 21-5 at some point then lost like 5-6 in a row.GlhWyGN.png

Just a note I've observed about R E F's build as well as bunker guard in general:

As long as you have Honor traitline + ~1000 healing power + traited tomes (especially the GM) + mantra heal, you have the core of this disgustingly unkillable bunker guard. Many variations can be made yet you still remain nearly unkillable except by an organized group of excellent players. I've even ran lynx runes, dropped quickness altogether (other than what you get from the minor trait) and used offensive weapon sets (no staff or mace because boooooooorrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnng) and found myself still incapable of dying until a good 3+ players were on me (at least 1 or two had to be a high-damage burst build like holo or DD). Two players could sometimes force me off-points but I could essentially run the entire distance of the map without even getting close to downing from their combined pressure.

As long as the healing remains untouched, bunker guards and variants like R E F's are going to dominate the scene.

@"R E F L H E X.8413" said:Made it to top ten using this build would only switch out quickness mantra for the condi mantra in heavy condi teams and it still didnt help much.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADFBjtCBeDBkCjFGC7qY1lCAYHgJwXaPfGQPoA-jJxHABKfKA8Z/BkLDAwTAAA

The reasoning behind this is I was wanting to try to find a way that I could impact the fight with damage without dropping my healing. Quickness was the most ideal way to accomplish this. Also 5 pages seems like enough for most battles. Was forced to play ranked when I knew I was going to be on a losing streak and lost like 5 in a row while not being very confident.

Should have a screen of me being rank 7 with it I guess I didnt take one then. I had like 21-5 at some point then lost like 5-6 in a row.GlhWyGN.png

Protective ReviverI've found the bubble rez being a huge help; I've gotten players up quicker and more successfully.

Archivist of WhispersI do feel the extra 3 pages means that extra support you'll offer to yourself and your allies. Casting F3#4 a couple more times, alone, makes up for the trait. That 2s quickness on an 8s CD just sounds incredibly bad, especially when you have to waste a powerful heal just to trigger it.

I use Lore/Merciful Intervention/CoP but you're right, Mantra of Potence easily replaces Lore just fine and is something I need to do more in games when I'm not against a Condi team.

Every other sigil, amulet and run is what I use :+1:

Kitty can't seriously help but wonder what kind of players EU-high ranks has if best of them is mid-platinum o.o

And also, do they play scourges at all on EU? 'Cause on NA-ranked, every team seems to have 1 or 2 scourges and when there's 2 of them, GL trying to cleanse all the incoming condis with that build. =.= also plays a bit similar build in NA-mid/high gold

@Darek.1836 said:jesus these EU firebrand builds are just so fundamentally flawed i dont understand how the hell you guys can play it for more than a day

Not EU, but that aside, you essentially just need 1000 healing power (or more), run the honor traitline, trait for tomes in FB traitline and be sure to have about 2 stun-breaks. All of this together gives you absolutely ridiculous sustain if played well.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Darek.1836 said:jesus these EU firebrand builds are just so fundamentally flawed i dont understand how the hell you guys can play it for more than a day

Not EU, but that aside, you essentially just need 1000 healing power (or more), run the honor traitline, trait for tomes in FB traitline and be sure to have about 2 stun-breaks. All of this together gives you absolutely ridiculous sustain if played well.

one day the people of gw2 will realize firebrand isnt suppose to just live forever, it should actually suport

• 1 month later...

When I run this over the normal firebrand build notice the quickness skill gives 5 stacks of might and quickness thats 6 buffs per person for altruistic healing if youre not facing a condi heavy team and switch it out for the condi mantra. Last charge gives like 8 stacks of might.

Also on this build compared to the normal one I camp staff more often as skill 4 is easier to pull off with altruistic healing and heals you a good amount.

When i run the other traitline with no altruistic healing I normally camp shield/mace more.

@LadyKitty.6120Between skill 2 and 5 on the heal tome and skill 4 on the tome of courage you can sometimes deal with teams with one scourge without switching out quickness for condi removal mantra and you can deal with almost all teams without scourge or looks low on condi with tomes only... if theres more than one scourge you either want to switch it out for the mantra that removes condis or just rerole altogether tbh. Any really heavy condi team if you detect it switch out the mantras hinted towards that in first post i think.

Also note that you get a smite condition on the heal as well which is really useful, and when you do switch it out for the other mantra you get extra condi cleanse over the other build.

@"Saiyan.1704"Since its running quickness mantra the trait is used to attempt to get closer to perma quickness for the team and "imbued haste" is a bonus to using quickness. If you want to when you face a condi heavy team you can switch the trait out with the mantra. I've been doing similar things. 5 Pages is enough for most fights by the time youre done with both tomes. As long as you arent really spammy with them. Plus its just another altruistic healing trigger.

@Darek.1836Not flawed theres logic to the selections. Try playing it. Altruistic healing also gives you good heals when using something like tome of courage skill 5 making it not only a protection based tome but also providing you with heals you may need to not break out of the tome too early under pressure to goto the healing tome.

• 1 month later...

@"R E F L H E X.8413" said:Made it to top ten using this build would only switch out quickness mantra for the condi mantra in heavy condi teams and it still didnt help much.

troll post lol

Archived