Weirdest Error loop

So since hallooween patch im struggling to play GW2.

Had several errors and in the end i deleted GW2 completly and reinstalled. Reinstalling caused automatic repair from Launcher, which fails and results in a Crash.So i left it beeing untouched for several days.

After lets say 1 or 2 weeks i tried it again ; opened Launcher - no repair this time ; Game would simply download and i could play.

Now from time to time i get some Crash's in game, and i need to close the Game and restart.

EVERY 2 Days this Crash results in the complete deletion of my GW2 Data; Gw 2 Crashes, i open Launcher , auto repair starts, after 30 minutes auto repair stops, launcher opens and starts downloading the game from begining.Then i can play for 2 days until i get a Crash again , auto repair opens , launcher opens, downloads full Game ... period.

I feel like this is just too random to be a real error. Anybody knows what's happening to me? PS; i got a very bad PC and i'm aware of this; can this be a reason for those errors?

Edit ; i never download the full Game ; if its "ready to play" - i start the game and play it. It works for at least 2 days normally. If i want to enter a map which wasn't downloaded it asks me if i want to download it now in the background and it works normally. After a few minutes i can enter the map. So no errors or mistakes in game.

Are you sure it's deleting your .dat file? Or just downloading files that haven't been downloaded before. Be aware: the launcher will always reset to 0% whenever it downloads files, no matter how many have been downloaded and saved previously.

If your crash(es) generate a Crash Report, click the 'Show Details' option, and post the first part of the crash report here; some one may be able to help.And/or, contact the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Are you sure it's deleting your .dat file? Or just downloading files that haven't been downloaded before. Be aware: the launcher will always reset to 0% whenever it downloads files, no matter how many have been downloaded and saved previously.

If your crash(es) generate a Crash Report, click the 'Show Details' option, and post the first part of the crash report here; some one may be able to help.And/or, contact the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

Had the error again today ; this time it didn't deleted the files, as the repair was ready. Before the repair was very laggy and wouldn't finish, this time it went well.I was sure that the files were deleted, because i had to redownload several GB Data before it was "ready to play".

Example; First downloading the Game u need arround 5 GB so its ready to play.Restarting the Game after it's "ready to play" will result in having 0%, cause it doesn't count the finished 5 GB - im aware of this.

Crash repair restarting was resulting in the redownload of the 5GB. - weired i know.

• 2 weeks later...

@Khisanth.2948 said:That sounds more like you need to replace your drive.

Yeah was kind of mad as i wrote it; I pretty much KNOW it's about my PC in general, but still feeld weired, cause it works for 2 days and then suddenly "explodes". Im not really into Computer technic, so I don't understand how this bevaiviour can actually happen.

For example ; If i break a Bottle of Water ; The bottle is broken, and won't suddenly fix itself.So ; If the Game itself won't work on my Pc right now ; how can reapplying the SAME GAME, work for 2 days ?

Hope u get my thinkings...

It looks like your hard drive isn't completely broken, but is becoming worse. That would explain this behaviour. To take your example of a bottle of water: It has a crack and you use duct tape to repair it. But the bottle is very old so a new crack appears. You can try duct tape again and again but in the end it will not help. I would suggest you try to move/install the game on another hard drive.

@Rose Solane.1027 said:It looks like your hard drive isn't completely broken, but is becoming worse. That would explain this behaviour. To take your example of a bottle of water: It has a crack and you use duct tape to repair it. But the bottle is very old so a new crack appears. You can try duct tape again and again but in the end it will not help. I would suggest you try to move/install the game on another hard drive.

New Pc inc arround Christmas.Brave yourself..Gaming is Coming !

Did you try going to your AppData/Roaming/Guild Wars 2 or equivalent and deleting the data in there? After the Halloween patch I had to delete the Local.dat file in there in order to speed up Lion's Arch loading. I think my client thought it was still loading Halloween assets and would contact the server, get a "nope", and then have to reload LA with the correct assets.

@Orimidu.9604 said:Did you try going to your AppData/Roaming/Guild Wars 2 or equivalent and deleting the data in there? After the Halloween patch I had to delete the Local.dat file in there in order to speed up Lion's Arch loading. I think my client thought it was still loading Halloween assets and would contact the server, get a "nope", and then have to reload LA with the correct assets.

worked sometimes. Sometimes won't :D

@Rose Solane.1027 said:It looks like your hard drive isn't completely broken, but is becoming worse. That would explain this behaviour. To take your example of a bottle of water: It has a crack and you use duct tape to repair it. But the bottle is very old so a new crack appears. You can try duct tape again and again but in the end it will not help. I would suggest you try to move/install the game on another hard drive.

My main drive is actually currently like that. :p

I should really take care of it ... it causes random bluescreens on startup and certain apps end up taking a very long time to start. Occasionally causes GW2 to crash as it tries to save its settings which also goes on that drive unlike the rest of GW2.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:That sounds more like you need to replace your drive.

Yeah was kind of mad as i wrote it; I pretty much KNOW it's about my PC in general, but still feeld weired, cause it works for 2 days and then suddenly "explodes". Im not really into Computer technic, so I don't understand how this bevaiviour can actually happen.

For example ; If i break a Bottle of Water ; The bottle is broken, and won't suddenly fix itself.So ; If the Game itself won't work on my Pc right now ; how can reapplying the SAME GAME, work for 2 days ?

Hope u get my thinkings...

Hard drives and bottles are not comparable because have things like the ability to mark bad sectors as bad and not use them. If it is a sufficiently high end drive it might even have been manufactured with extra capacity so that when it does that it doesn't lose any capacity.

• 10 months later...

Archived