Forum Top Menu: Question to notifications (earth globe)

Dreamy Lu.3865

Hello

Just one rapid question: There is one notification I have in my list today, that instead of redirecting me to concerned thread when I click on it, sends me to a page with a message that I don't have the permission to do that. Apart from this one, all other notifications work normal. Does it mean that this specific thread has been deleted or closed? Could it be the reason?

Thank you for info. :)

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:Hello

Just one rapid question: There is one notification I have in my list today, that instead of redirecting me to concerned thread when I click on it, sends me to a page with a message that I don't have the permission to do that. Apart from this one, all other notifications work normal. Does it mean that this specific thread has been deleted or closed? Could it be the reason?

Yes, that's a sign that the thread was locked. (If it were removed from the system, you'd have a '404 Not Found' type of message instead.)I thought I remember a post from ANet stating that the tech people were working out a way to improve the message and/or notify participants, but it's possible that the forum software isn't setup to make that easy.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:Hello

Yes, that's a sign that the thread was locked. (If it were removed from the system, you'd have a '404 Not Found' type of message instead.)I thought I remember a post from ANet stating that the tech people were working out a way to improve the message and/or notify participants, but it's possible that the forum software isn't setup to make that easy.

Actually it could be a deleted thread. I’ve seen the same the insufficient permission error message on a notification before, and when I checked, all my posts from that thread were missing from the comments history on my profile. I couldn’t track the thread down merged anywhere, and I’m pretty sure it’s been deleted. It makes me wonder if there’s a two-stage deletion process, with a ‘recycle bin’ forum that makes the posts inaccessible without irretrievably obliterating the thread.

Archived