Reward Track QoL Suggestions

X T D.6458

Just a few suggestions here-

-Give us an option to have a reward track automatically repeat upon completion, so it does not go to a random one and have to be manually reactivated.

-Allow stacking of gear boxes from dungeon reward tracks.

-Add a reward track to earn exotic weapons, similar to the triumphant track. Skins are not necessarily important, these are really useful for theory crafting on builds before committing to getting an ascended set.

-For tracks like the Triumphant reward track, separate the gear box from the rest of the rewards (clovers/mats etc) so we can get those items without having to choose a piece of gear.

-Ascended ring drops all have core stats, and need to be updated to keep up with new additions to the game. Either add more rings with HoT/PoF stats, or allow us to reset stats on some trinkets.

-Add shield generators to Siege boxes.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Nice summary of ideas that many of us have been proposing/supporting for a while.

(The only thing I'd modify is that ascended trinkets can't be updated without complicating things enormously: not everyone earning rewards owns the relevant expansion.)

Well there are already items that you can purchase that are only available if you own an expac that they are tied to. I am not sure if the triumphant reward track is available to all players, it should be, but it allows you to choose any stat. What they can do is add an item similar to what we have in Bloodstone Fen that allows us to change the stats on Trinkets we buy with Skirmish Tickets.

@X T D.6458 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Nice summary of ideas that many of us have been proposing/supporting for a while.

(The only thing I'd modify is that ascended trinkets can't be updated without complicating things enormously: not everyone earning rewards owns the relevant expansion.)

Well there are already items that you can purchase that are only available if you own an expac that they are tied to. I am not sure if the triumphant reward track is available to all players, it should be, but it allows you to choose any stat. What they can do is add an item similar to what we have in Bloodstone Fen that allows us to change the stats on Trinkets we buy with Skirmish Tickets.

Yes, it is avaible to all players, but you cannot select any stat tied to a xpac that you don't own except for Marauder and Crusader that were added to the core game.

@X T D.6458 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Nice summary of ideas that many of us have been proposing/supporting for a while.

Right, that's how it works with vendors: you don't get the option of purchasing inaccessible items. "Drops" from loot work differently, so the loot boxes from each track would have to be refactored to take into the additional account generic ascended trinkets. Plus ANet would have to look at trinket acquisition generally, to make sure it remains balanced overall. Right now, they can just offer a core ascended trinket loot table, nested below the "drop = ascended" result; with the PoF/HoT stats, they'd have to create new items, new tables, and make sure they connect them to the proper reward tracks.

Totally doable, just more complicated than it sounds.And of all the changes, it seems like the least quality-of-life for the effort, given the numerous sources of trinkets with non-core stats.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Right, that's how it works with vendors: you don't get the option of purchasing inaccessible items. "Drops" from loot work differently, so the loot boxes from each track would have to be refactored to take into the additional account generic ascended trinkets. Plus ANet would have to look at trinket acquisition generally, to make sure it remains balanced overall. Right now, they can just offer a core ascended trinket loot table, nested below the "drop = ascended" result; with the PoF/HoT stats, they'd have to create new items, new tables, and make sure they connect them to the proper reward tracks.

Totally doable, just more complicated than it sounds.And of all the changes, it seems like the least quality-of-life for the effort, given the numerous sources of trinkets with non-core stats.

Just remove all ascended trinkets and make it drop a generic Mist Trinket where you choose the stats.

GGWP.

@Jeknar.6184 said:Just remove all ascended trinkets and make it drop a generic Mist Trinket where you choose the stats.Which would allow people who don't own HoT or PoF to obtain HoT/PoF stats. The point is ANet would need to add more types of "generic mist trinkets", figure out the loot tables, rebalance the drops elsewhere (or at least check whether that is needed). It's doable, it's just as simple as it sounds.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@X T D.6458 said:-Add a reward track to earn exotic weapons, similar to the triumphant track. Skins are not necessarily important, these are really useful for theory crafting on builds before committing to getting an ascended set.Isn't that literally the hero weapon track?

Basically, except that one gives a rare instead of exotic. They could just upgrade that one to exotic instead of adding a new one.

@X T D.6458 said:Here is another, Celebration bonus only gives 10% gain to PvP reward track but not WvW, that should be fixed.

Well that's because it gives 100% wxp in WvW which is a large difference than the pvp reward side, hehe.

The one suggestion I like a lot is the reward track repeating, mine always resets to citadel of flame, ugh.

@Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

@X T D.6458 said:Here is another, Celebration bonus only gives 10% gain to PvP reward track but not WvW, that should be fixed.

Well that's because it gives 100% wxp in WvW which is a large difference than the pvp reward side, hehe.

The one suggestion I like a lot is the reward track repeating, mine always resets to citadel of flame, ugh.

That's true, but WxP has no effect on reward tracks. Experience booster also does that but gives 50% reward track boost to PvP and WvW. As well as the Heroic Booster, and Black Lion Boost. I think it is more of an oversight.

Also getting tired of it switching to HoTW reward track :/

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:Just remove all ascended trinkets and make it drop a generic Mist Trinket where you choose the stats.Which would allow people who don't own HoT or PoF to obtain HoT/PoF stats. The point is ANet would need to add more types of "generic mist trinkets", figure out the loot tables, rebalance the drops elsewhere (or at least check whether that is needed). It's doable, it's just as simple as it sounds.

No, it wouldn't because you cannot select stats from a expansion you don't own... That is already in place with Triumphant armor. If you don't own HoT, the game don't allow you to select Commander stats for exemple. It shows a big red "THIS CONTENT REQUIRE GUILD WARS 2: HEART OF THORNS" when you atempt to chose it.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

No, it wouldn't because you cannot select stats from a expansion you don't own... That is already in place with Triumphant armor. If you don't own HoT, the game don't allow you to select Commander stats for exemple. It shows a big red "THIS CONTENT REQUIRE GUILD WARS 2: HEART OF THORNS" when you atempt to chose it.

Oh does it? I hadn't seen that mechanic before.That makes it easier. It still doesn't mean it's "easy" to get it done; there are a lot of loot tables :(

On a somewhat related note, I'd also like it if the Exotic Triumphant/Hero armor and weapons from the Skirmish vendor can be salvaged or Forged. This oversight also applied to the Exotic armor you pick from the end of the Crystal Desert reward track. Currently, if you already have Ascended gear, there's absolutely nothing you can do with these items except trash them, which is quite annoying considering it's supposed to be the big end of track reward. If you're worried about flooding the market with more Ectos, you can always take a page from the other WvW gear and just have them salvage into Memories of Battle or Badges of Honor.

Archived