What about fishing?

mowljo.2376

The game has so much potential to let you fish and produce fish cake or fish and chips, all kinds of things with it.All things that give you maybe a water buff or let you walk on water for a couple of seconds or something.I dont know, you can do anything with it and it is a really relaxing and cool skill to train and maybe make money of off it?

what do you guys think?

A fishing crafting skill -- you can make fishing poles, lures and other tackle. Fishing rods and lures only have so many 'charges' before they break, and only 'fisherman' can use the fishing rods and lures once they make it to crafting level 100.

Fish could then be used in cooking (meals and dishes), scribing (octopus ink), and armorsmithing (lol scale armor).

It's a terrible idea and I don't support it.

The game doesnt really support any real skills besides killing endlessly mobs and get lootboxes.Likely that the community as a whole doesnt like the idea of a different path to make money.

Im okay with that, the game is build on its class system and its fun this way.Its just that I personally like to take different paths to make my gold or to invest my time into more diverse and boring crafts ^^

You know, there is nothing to lose with lifeskills besides a more diverese economy and more options for people that choose to take a different path from time to time. Was there ever a suggestion what would stop these threads from coming? A different skill besides fishing? Something you guys enjoy?

@mowljo.2376 said:You know, there is nothing to lose with lifeskills besides a more diverese economy and more options for people that choose to take a different path from time to time. Was there ever a suggestion what would stop these threads from coming? A different skill besides fishing? Something you guys enjoy?

The only thing ever said about these threads was not to make duplicate threads for subjects that have already been discussed to death. Main suggestion, search the forums before creating another thread that will only serve to clutter up the forums and actually brings nothing new to the conversations.

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

@mowljo.2376 said:You know, there is nothing to lose with lifeskills besides a more diverese economy and more options for people that choose to take a different path from time to time. Was there ever a suggestion what would stop these threads from coming? A different skill besides fishing? Something you guys enjoy?

The only thing ever said about these threads was not to make duplicate threads for subjects that have already been discussed to death. Main suggestion, search the forums before creating another thread that will only serve to clutter up the forums and actually brings nothing new to the conversations.

Too bad people don't resurrect old forum posts. The forum would have 10 post with 2k pages instead of 2k posts with 1 page.

@ShiningSquirrel.3751 said:

Just a reminder that these forums are relatively new and the archives will close soon.

So, how are you enjoying the new mounts that were "discussed to death"? (giggles uncontrollably)

Fishing is something they've talked about since beta. They planned for it, but never got around to it. If they do it, don't expect simple fishing like other MMOs, but rather something more action-oriented. If they ever get around to the deep sea expansion, maybe it'll have something.

@mowljo.2376 said:guys is this the first time you been on the internet?The internet is 80% repost with 20% new things.But please answer my question

Lel. People already have. Guess what, its the same as other reposts. Its a no.Its boring, its useless, it has no purpose in a Guild Wars game.You also never gave a valid question to why we need it or it benefiting the community as a whole. So start there if you want answers.

I honestly would not care as long as it would be far far away from me and totally voluntary and self contained.This is GW2 though, and fishing would be mandatory for the Awesome and Much Rare 100lb Flounder mace, as well as some random unrelated story update. "Kasmeer is so upset about Mittens that she refuses to leave till Mittens the Cat has plenty of fish" . Mittens Pantry Tier 1/25 Completed.

"We've introduced Fishing. You vil fish und you vil like it."

Archived