How many more Elite Specs?

Rikimaru.7890

I have an answer, but don't take my answer for granted as I could be wrong of course.Based on the patterns I noticed after PoF came out my conclusions is there will be only 1 or 2 more Elite Specs.The answer alone can be based on the fact that if we get any more then we will have more Elite Specs than normal trait lines.However the Elite Weapons and Specialization Armour pieces also indicate it. Notice that every fully mastered Elite Spec grants 1 of the following: Gloves, Shoulders or Helmet.And same Class never gets same piece of armour i.e. if HoT Elite Spec awarded Helmet then PoF Elite Spec awards Shoulders or Gloves. So apparently the plan is for each Class to complete the trifecta, so each will have a complete set of all 3 eventually.The Elite Weapons also do not repeat themselves with the exception of the Torch, as it is the only Elite Weapon from both HoT and PoF, only for 2 different classes. Judging by this it seems ANET wants to give all 16 weapon types the "Elite treatment" and currently there are only 4 left: Focus, Scepter, Pistol and Mace. Obviously that's not enough for 9 classes so some weapons will have to be reused like the Torch, however it seems that Anet will not reuse same weapon more than once, meaning only up to 2 classes can get same weapon as their Elite.So if I am correct then the Necromancer is not going to get the Sword with their 3rd Elite Spec, but instead it will be a Mace, more over it doesn't make sense if all 9 classes share a weapon of same kind. The weapons that can still be reused are: Warhorn, Greatsword, Longbow, Short bow, Hammer and Rifle, as each of them was used only once currently.But who could get Focus or Scepter you ask? Well a Warrior could get Focus and become something like a "Battlemage" and/or the Revenant could get Scepter and the New Elite would be some Legendary mage like Vekk. (Off topic the reason I said Vekk is because it seems ANET doesn't want any "Legend" to belong to same race, as currently we have: Dwarf, Centaur, Human, Demon, Dragon and Charr, so it seems next will be different race too, thus characters like Cynn won't qualify).

And now as you remember I said "1 or 2" and obviously if there were a 4th Elite Spec then some weapons would have to be reused a 3rd time and the Gloves, Shoulders, Helmet trifecta would have to be broken. Well the thing is very soon we will be meeting the DSD and I suspect there will be an "Aquatic only" Elite Spec added only it will not be added through an Expac, as obviously hardly anyone will want to pay for Aquatic only skills, but rather through LW and/or perhaps the condition to unlocking it will be having at least 2 Expacs unlocked on your account. More over we have far too many unneeded Hero Points, with both HoT and PoF unlocked you can have up to 390 or 404 if WvW and Krait obelisk is included. So obviously finding some use for them would be in order.But anyway with an Aquatic only Elite Spec the weapons would not have to be reusd a 3rd time as it would be the Aquatic Weapons that would get the "Elite treatment."And if that were the case then fully mastering the Elite Spec would award each class a unique skinned exotic Aquabreather.Obviously the Class that mostly needs an Aquatic only Elite Spec is the Revenant as naither of their Elite stances work underwater and unlike other classes they cannot select their utility skills because they are bound to the stances. Of course it could be the "3 times the charm" thing, but at this point I doubt it. More over this could be the answer to "fixing" underwater combat.

That would be it I guess, but like I said I could be wrong I only created a theory based on current facts and state of the game, so don't take this too seriously.

That's a lot of text for something you don't want anyone to take seriously :/

There are so many different ways for ANet to keep on adding elites that it seems odd that they'd restrict themselves to arbitrary limits that would tie them in knots later, especially since none of those are mechanical requirements, just organizational principles.

Specifically, I think you've made a couple of assumptions that aren't likely to prove true in the long run:

• We almost certainly aren't going to see aquatic elites or aquatic gear granted as part of elites; ANet has a ton & a half of work to do for Underwater Combat to be on par with terrestrial. It's been years since we've seen new underwater skins for weapon sets.
  • There's no reason to suppose that ANet won't repeat which armor pieces are offered, just as they are likely to repeat the use of various weapons for future elites. (After all, the warrior seems an unlikely choice for scepter, focus; we might see another elite for dagger or torch first).
  • Same with revenant: there are plenty of non-playable species with legendary figures.
  • Same with skill types: ANet's re-used mantras etc as well as invented new ones.

Imagine this:

ArenaNet adds three new weapons to the game -- Fists, Spears and a Whip. There you go -- 9 new elite specializations.

Warrior -> Brawler (Fist) - Kinda like a Berserker but with more punching and less fire.Guardian -> Sentry (Spear) - Has a big spear to attack things at a moderate distance. Lots of CC.
Revenant -> Simon Belmont (Whip) - Swings a whip around. Kills things.Engineer -> Network Engineer (Whip) - Swings network cables around. Kills Asuran network technicians.
Thief -> Pickpocket (Fist) - Punch people and take their stuff. Gives more mobility, disappearing tricks and the ability to blend into crowds (like a Mesmer clone).Ranger -> Spearmaster (Spear) - Uses a spear to poke at animals (and other living and non-living things). Can throw the spear and teleport to it.Mesmer -> Dominatrix (Whip) - Swings a whip around. Kills men.Elementalist -> Punchy McPuncherson (Fist) - Punches people with fists made out of elements. Player bangs on the keyboard because switching attunements is frustrating.Necromancer -> Don't Dare Devil (Spear) - Just like the Thief elite "Daredevil" but with a pointy stick and more green/black effects. Likes to say, "Don't you dare me" when attacking.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:That's a lot of text for something you don't want anyone to take seriously :/

There are so many different ways for ANet to keep on adding elites that it seems odd that they'd restrict themselves to arbitrary limits that would tie them in knots later, especially since none of those are mechanical requirements, just organizational principles.

Specifically, I think you've made a couple of assumptions that aren't likely to prove true in the long run:

• We almost certainly aren't going to see aquatic elites or aquatic gear granted as part of elites; ANet has a ton & a half of work to do for Underwater Combat to be on par with terrestrial. It's been years since we've seen new underwater skins for weapon sets.
  • There's no reason to suppose that ANet won't repeat which armor pieces are offered, just as they are likely to repeat the use of various weapons for future elites. (After all, the warrior seems an unlikely choice for scepter, focus; we might see another elite for dagger or torch first).
  • Same with revenant: there are plenty of non-playable species with legendary figures.
  • Same with skill types: ANet's re-used mantras etc as well as invented new ones.

What this person said.

@Chickenooble.5014 said:Imagine this:

ArenaNet adds three new weapons to the game -- Fists, Spears and a Whip. There you go -- 9 new elite specializations.

Warrior -> Brawler (Fist) - Kinda like a Berserker but with more punching and less fire.Guardian -> Sentry (Spear) - Has a big spear to attack things at a moderate distance. Lots of CC.

Revenant -> Simon Belmont (Whip) - Swings a whip around. Kills things.Engineer -> Network Engineer (Whip) - Swings network cables around. Kills Asuran network technicians.

Thief -> Pickpocket (Fist) - Punch people and take their stuff. Gives more mobility, disappearing tricks and the ability to blend into crowds (like a Mesmer clone).Ranger -> Spearmaster (Spear) - Uses a spear to poke at animals (and other living and non-living things). Can throw the spear and teleport to it.Mesmer -> Dominatrix (Whip) - Swings a whip around. Kills men.Elementalist -> Punchy McPuncherson (Fist) - Punches people with fists made out of elements. Player bangs on the keyboard because switching attunements is frustrating.Necromancer -> Don't Dare Devil (Spear) - Just like the Thief elite "Daredevil" but with a pointy stick and more green/black effects. Likes to say, "Don't you dare me" when attacking.

LOL the network cables got me good. Also I'm pretty sure fashion wars 2 would elevate to a whole new level with the Dominatrix specialization.

Archived