Transition Screen Lock Ups

Since the Halloween patch game will randomly lock up while in the map transition loading screen. Only pattern so far is that the circling icon that shows that something is happening will freeze. After that point game is locked using memory up. Can get out to windows but can't kill the game process nor regain control of any mouse function though keyboard commands continue to work. PC can also not terminate guild wars while trying to do a shutdown meaning each time it locks its a hard reboot. Game did a scan and didn't repair anything. Due to connection limitations haven't done a full delete and re-install and since another person on voice has run into similar issue not certain if that would address it. It acts like a memory leak issue. Anyone else running into this?

Same, ctrl+alt+del will open a screen where I can log out since task manager won't even load after the game freezes. It happened to me yesterday after Maw on Desolation whereas I missed killing the Legendary since I couldn't reconnect fast enough and again today on Verdant Brink just randomly while approaching Noble's waypoint. These aren't the only crashes that have happened after Halloween patch but just the ones that I remember clearly.

Just happened to me again. It only happens on load screens and either the circle will freeze or disappear entirely. I can't minimize the window and I can only access my taskbar somewhat by hitting the Windows key. Even if I bring up Task Manager I can't swap to its window, my only recourse is to sign out and log back in to my PC. Trying to close the game via its icon on the taskbar does nothing no matter how often you spam it or how long you wait.

Archived