No weapons wielded elite spec?

The Norn would be perfect to implement a shapeshifter specialization with. Problem would be that it makes the most sense from a lore perspective to have only the Norn do it, otherwise you'd have weird shapeshifting Asurans say. That means you'd have to do other race specific specializations.... Not sure that would fly. Cool if it could work, not likely though.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I'm still holding out on a Shaman kind of class where I shoot magic/elements from my hands.Can work for Mesmer and or Elementalist.

I would prefer this over a martial arts class. There is a reason the touch of madness was so wanted. It was a weaponless skin that was just you using your hand. If they added something like that for ele or mesmer, I would be down for it. There is already enough melee cqc type classes already in this game to have a monk class atm.

Truly weaponless would mean no weapon upgrades, so that wouldn't work. They'd have to go with minimal weapons, brass knuckles and such. And so far no new weapon types have been introduced, so good luck.

Still... this one is not high on my list, I'd much rather see Anet get creative with future elites and go somewhere new.

I've always thought that each race should have it's own hand to hand combat skills when not using weapons. Norn could have brawler skills, humans some kind of martial art skill set, charr could have claw, bite, tail whip and such. The sylvari could have some kind of plant based skills like thorns, vine whip, weakening pollen spray, etc. The asura could use some kind of crazy bounce skill and a claw attack; after all they are diggers by nature. If they gave all professions weapon swap they could swap to unarmed skills during combat.

I really think they've under utilized the race skills entirely. I've wished for the longest that they would combine the healing skills with the health indicator in the center to free up the skill slot for race based skills. If there was a dedicated race skill slot it would force the use of those skills more.

@starlinvf.1358 said:It would belong to the Revenant, and it would have to be this Legend....

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kilroy_Stonekin

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/%22Kilroy_Stonekin%22

Ah yes, a Memorial to the most exploited NPC in GW1. So "dangerous" that most leveled survivor on him.

Unarmed combat has been a side event since the first tribal warrior sharpened a stick. Please, No, as players will demand that an unarmed Bruce Lee fan be as effective as the most heavily armored knight or skilled ranged user. MMO's that do employ the "unarmed" Monk have to load them with tons of passive avoidance and enhanced dodge just to make them survivable in PvE and they do have weapons. Never mind that a handwrap is equal to any other main hand weapon.

No hunter culture ever prospered stalking dangerous prey with their fists. They used weapons or traps on dangerous prey.

@DeanBB.4268 said:Truly weaponless would mean no weapon upgrades, so that wouldn't work. They'd have to go with minimal weapons, brass knuckles and such. And so far no new weapon types have been introduced, so good luck.

If only there was a mechanism for a class to replace its equipped weapon skills with a different set.

Archived