New game mode — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New game mode

Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 14 in PVP

Seeing how again conq is just unplayable, that mixed with lack of balance with condition wars 2. Has brought us to where we are now. What pvp mode would you like to see?

New game mode 95 votes

Updated / Better made TDM
12%
Trigr.6481Chaith.8256Vherak.5276Cosminion.5042Ziooo.8932wasss.1208Milan.9035Weo weo.6378mixxed.5862Vapour.7348Dajas.4715Spoonster.8526 12 votes
Updated / Better StrongHold
28%
Pvt Frosty.6973Dragon.8762Jekkt.6045Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318Dragana.1497Reaper Alim.4176trooper.2650Hooglese.4860ArthurDent.9538ima kong fu ninja.3052Stebene.9275Ater Boreal.8427Switch.4892paShadoWn.5723Griever.8150Coolguy.8702Squall Link.5412xDudisx.5914BootyHeist.1609Searven.4820 27 votes
New version of Conquest with less players
3%
LUST.7241Wolfric.9380Eme.2018 3 votes
New version of Conquest with more players
3%
Pax.3548Ayumi Spender.1082huehuehueh.5106 3 votes
Capture the flag
17%
Razor.6392TheGrimm.5624Dahkeus.8243messiah.1908Hot Boy.7138Rodzynald.5897Cynders.2795BrokenGlass.9356Ace Woodlink.1863musu.9205Malafaia.8903Mutaatti.2789Eddbopkins.2630Menem.4307jinfury.9504Ceredon.2583Nemesis.1045 17 votes
Anything new but what is current
20%
Abelisk.4527Ealandur.1876Alatar.7364LucianTheAngelic.7054kKagari.6804FrizzFreston.5290Whitworth.7259Mikezaner.1524Bazooka.3590NeroBoron.7285Ziggityzog.7389HoodedFang.6108Jeknar.6184Flarre.4850thijsken.5031Shinnetami.7041Flauvious.6195corey.6451Romio.8516 19 votes
Option not listed (Please state your idea)
14%
BlaqueFyre.5678NotASmurf.1725Crinn.7864Arcadio.6875Saiyan.1704Exedore.6320choovanski.5462Crystal Black.8190Vieux P.1238Poplolita.2638Xillllix.3485Sismis.5390holychampion.7386FyzE.3472 14 votes

Comments

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭

Not sure about the Capture the Flag. It would require some seeerious tweaks, balances and New Mechanics, because I can already see Two Firebrands, one carying the Flag the other Supporting the First, just walking out of everything, everyone and everywhere with the Flag.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Malafaia.8903Malafaia.8903 Member ✭✭✭
    Capture the flag

@Alatar.7364 said:
    Not sure about the Capture the Flag. It would require some seeerious tweaks, balances and New Mechanics, because I can already see Two Firebrands, one carying the Flag the other Supporting the First, just walking out of everything, everyone and everywhere with the Flag.

I like the idea of Capture the Flag, but i think that it would require a bit more of what we have of balance, now.

• LUST.7241LUST.7241 Member ✭✭✭
    New version of Conquest with less players

I voted for Conquest with less because it could be an opportunity to have ATs for 2v2, 3v3 and make a full Solo Queue a reality. There's already unused/old maps that can be reworked (like the deathmatch maps).

All my alts are just storage for my Engi.

• Capture the flag

Capture the Flag, definitely. Brings back some fun memories.

May have to have its own separate queue, though.

• Hot Boy.7138Hot Boy.7138 Member ✭✭✭
    Capture the flag

what is tdm

• Crystal Black.8190Crystal Black.8190 Member ✭✭✭

How about we fix what we already have than creating another mode that will be ignored like stronghold currently?

• BunjiKugashira.9754BunjiKugashira.9754 Member ✭✭✭

I just want to see jade query return. :)

No skin should be exclusive to gem-store rng boxes.
    What really happened with mount skins

• Griever.8150Griever.8150 Member ✭✭✭

Lol CTF. I can think of one guy here that would probably pop a blood vessel fighting a Daredevil in that setting.

I already gave my opinion about TDM, its not meant for MMOs. PUBG is where its at for that gameplay.

I think Conquest is fine the way it is.

So really the best option would be to update Stronghold and make some new maps for it. Maybe a larger 10v10 map? Could even throw mounts in it. Just random ideas.

• Squall Link.5412Squall Link.5412 Member ✭✭
    edited November 14

Agreed for an update of stronghold. I really like this game mobe, with an inspiration of MOBA, but it needs a rework. Maybe bigger maps with more players, an update of the system of supply and hero, secondary objectives (like capture some objectives to get new units, etc.). Really this mode have a good potential, but is
    under-exploited. Actually this game mode is too basic. Please Anet listen a little to your community...having only conquest as PvP mode is quite boring :').

• choovanski.5462choovanski.5462 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 14

2v2 best of three my dude. conquest with a guild queue and actual balance would be cool too.

but we all know anet has said they have no intention to make new gamemodes right? so maybe we should shoot higher since we are just dreamers?

maybe anet can make me breakfast in bed for the new gamemode?

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

(Yo cut it)

Soy un perdedor
    I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭

I'm down to see anything come to PvP. Currently i play unranked only because ill do my 10 match get plat t2 and the let it decay because the ranked community is wayyy to toxic. Plus after season 4 SH was no longer a ranked option so it wasn't worth playing ranked with 1 option for a game mode. Circle dance only for ranked? Where was the community vote to toss Sh or hell even TDM out of ranked play?

Limiting it to just a single constant silly over played uncompetitive game mode makes things stale. Roll with 1 or 2 run run run thiefs or lose the match. No skill required, just speed currently.

My heart wanted to vote SH update but i'll take anything but circle dance pvp.

• Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭

Conquest is perfect as is.

Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

• Cosminion.5042Cosminion.5042 Member ✭✭
    Updated / Better made TDM

Fix PvP First.

• Dragon.8762Dragon.8762 Member ✭✭

Update Stronghold! I actually really like the concept of stronghold and I could have sworn I remember a Dev talking about looking for feedback on how they could improve the mode, but those changes still haven't happened.
    What makes MMO's unique in the first place is VARITY. Bringing that into PVP will only make it stronger and give reasons for people to stay.

• Hooglese.4860Hooglese.4860 Member ✭✭✭

Stronghold would be awesome if it was done better, even in little ways. Like buffing the guards, which are currently pathetic. One person can easily take out both guards while under attack by another player.

• BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭

2v2/3v3 Arena Style

• Saiyan.1704Saiyan.1704 Member ✭✭✭

2v2/3v3 Arena Style... Give us a queue already.

• Sismis.5390Sismis.5390 Member ✭✭

We Need a Social Center or Day Care Center for the problem kids who ruins pvp right now...

• Morwath.9817Morwath.9817 Member ✭✭

Reworking Stronghold into GW1 GvG wouldn't take much effort Quaggan thinks.

"death by lag - it is your fate
    just relax, and meditate"

• Sismis.5390Sismis.5390 Member ✭✭

I leave this here just for old times sake.

https://imgur.com/a/mhYp4

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭
    Capture the flag

Add capture the flag, add mounts, and put it on a big map. Some mount HP may need to be tweaked, but this would be amazing if it worked. Think of something like Blood Gulch in Halo 1.

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 14

Anything that isn't more of the same... People saying CTF would be rage inducing, but conquest is already rage inducing as it is... At least allow us to choose where we'll get rage from.
    World of Warcraft had quite a few different battlegrounds... They weren't perfect, but I would get bored if I had to play Arathi Basin (Conquest) all the time.

Darkhaven Platinum Legend (Rank 3978) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 70) - 27,5k Achievment Points
    Calamis Fatima / Kawagima / Hanna Flintlocke / Bjarl of Souls
    Leader of Mërcenaries [Sold]

• corey.6451corey.6451 Member

Should put in spectator mode too in live rank and unrank matches. This way people can learn from top players, and will bring more people into pvp. Work for every pvp game in existence so it is a no brainer really.

• Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭

We already have both TDM and CTF game modes in the game as seasonal activities (Dragon Ball and Snowball Arena, respectively). They're both an unbelievably unbalanced mess despite technically being more balanced than regular PVP (they use standardized health and fixed abilities, and stats are irrelevant), I can't imagine them turning out any better with regular player skills involved.

• Aza.2105Aza.2105 Member ✭✭✭

@Malafaia.8903 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

I like the idea of Capture the Flag, but i think that it would require a bit more of what we have of balance, now.

We already have capture the flag, its called spirit watch and everyone hates it. I think its a good map though.

@Aza.2105 said:

@Malafaia.8903 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

We already have capture the flag, its called spirit watch and everyone hates it. I think its a good map though.

Foo... maybe because it's still Conquest, just another shade of it, thats what Quaggan thinks.

• Ziggityzog.7389Ziggityzog.7389 Member ✭✭✭

Deem so far stronghold has the win. I loooveee stronghold! i wish they would.

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭
    Capture the flag

Just bring back 8v8 so I don't have to bother with 5v5 garbage anymore. Now that was fun.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭
    Capture the flag

TDM wasn't bad, but the map was too small, if one side starting to get rolled it snowballed from there.

So wouldn't mind seeing:

• CTF - multi-flag and single
    • Additional Stronghold maps
    • Larger map TDM
    • Larger conquest map with 8 player\side plus 2 more cap points.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/CU/AoC

• Xillllix.3485Xillllix.3485 Member ✭✭

GvG... GvG... and GvG...

@Razor.6392 said:
    Just bring back 8v8 so I don't have to bother with 5v5 garbage anymore. Now that was fun.

8v8 would be nearly twice as much AoE. Quaggan is afraid of AoE.

• Option not listed (Please state your idea)

Option 1: Tag Team match!
    5v5 or 3v3 to make it shorter
    When you enter the queue you get placed on a random number 1-5/1-3. That's the order on the queue.
    Fighter 1 from each team engages in a fight on a dueling arena.
    Whoever wins goes to fight opponent number 2 with the hp they had at the end of round 1 (no downed state because the necromancer downstate is too OP) or with the hp modified by a little %.
    Team who kills the enemy first wins.

Option 2: Free for All
    10 ppl enter the room, 1 person wins.

A better stronghold sounds good too.

• FyzE.3472FyzE.3472 Member ✭✭

Ahahaha! New game mode... You're funny!

• paShadoWn.5723paShadoWn.5723 Member ✭✭

I want Stronghold reworked to fit the modern MOBA standards. Remove stupid supply (doing menial labour just to spawn some creeps? srsly?), make lanes push into each other like in standard MOBA and move Mist Essence into the place with supply for proper midmap teamfight.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.