Mesmer Staff Redesign Concept

Treetoptrickster.4205

Skill 1: Winds of ChaosFire a wisp of chaotic energy that bounces between enemies and allies. Inflicts vulnerability and either burning or torment on enemies while granting allies might or fury.

Skill 2: Chaotic RetreatBlink away from your target, gaining chaos armor for 2.5s and creating a clone that casts Wind or Chaos.

Skill 3: Illusionary WarlockSummon an illusion that deals increased damage and applies confusion per unique condition.

Skill 4: Chaos HexHex the target enemy, causing them to suffer torment for every condition they receive for 3s.

Skill 5: Chaos StormCreate a magical storm that Dazes enemies and grants allies aegis in the first and last pulse. All pulses apply either confusion, chill, or poison to enemies, and retaliation, swiftness, or vigor to allies.

I see what you've done and quite like it. You've essentially reshuffled the boons from Chaos Armour, the summon attack from iWarlock and made iWarlock condi.

What might be nice is if the extra damage effect was actually Fragility for a few seconds (deals damage every time you gain/lose a condi - though probably not when you lose a condi in GW2), which would be triggered by all condis (a team damage buff - obviously needs to be very weak damage in PvP).

@Treetoptrickster.4205 said:Consistency of chaos upped, along with general strength, Staff becomes a condition option that allows you to cause a calamity of effects on the battlefield and feed on the chaos.

Overall I don't like these changes to staff. I see that you took one of my suggestions on staff auto to always apply vuln, and then also apply one damaging condition at random, to enemies. But then you left off the reverse to always apply regen to allies, along with either might or fury. I like this approach, however you don't mention an attack speed increase (or just a reduction in aftercast delay), or a projectile speed increase. So overall it wouldn't really be any better.

Staff2 is already an incredibly strong skill, being mobility, illusion generation, and a leap finisher on a short CD. It doesn't need any buffs honestly, but even then I have trouble understanding how good 1s of chaos armor would be with the ICD.

Staff3 - You removed the attack we have when summoning the phantasm itself, and while it wasn't particularly powerful, this is still a nerf to the skill itself. I like that you want to make the phantasm condi based, but simply applying confusion won't do that when its power damage is still high and scales evenhigher with unique conditions on the target. This would just make the phantasm more powerful, and increase confusion spam, but wouldn't turn it into a condi phantasm.

Staff 4 - Straight up buff, but then again that's not hard when it currently sucks so bad

Staff 5 - You removed daze on every tick? That's a pretty big nerf to chaos storm. Other than that, I don't know how I feel about pairing the boons and conditions up like that. I personally enjoy the chaotic nature of it right now, where you don't know what you'll get. If you want to buff it, I would give it a treatment similar to plageulands, where the last tick grants all boons/condis, and maybe extend the duration to 6 seconds, maybe.

Overall, you didn't mention fixing the biggest problems with the auto attack, and the rest is straight up buffs for no real reason other than to buff it. I'm sorry, but I can't support this re-design.

Archived