Full harrier support scourge

Liviathan.5249

@Liviathan.5249 said:Hellooo,since the meta changed im thinking of using a full harrier scourge.Any1 tried it already?Any thoughts about this build??

I have tried a Harrier build with Minstrel trinkets in T4 Fractals (with random PUGs). On a Fractal Training Golem, I could get up to 20s of Might per second on a single character (based on ArcDPS Boon table readout) and had little trouble maintaining 25 stacks of Might. With Transfusion, outgoing pulses heal for 1.1k per second over 9 seconds, on a 12-second traited cooldown (9-second with Alacrity).

Add in 1.2k to 3k Barriers and the Scourge does have some support potential, but I'm personally not too impressed with Harrier for the build. Without Condition Damage and Expertise, you lose out on the Necromancer's biggest asset, Epidemic. Harrier has Power, but your damage will still be negligible; meaning you're probably better off with Minstrel for the added Life Force pool (since Shade Life Force costs are tied to base Health). Finally, as far as Fractals go, a full support Scourge brings far too little to the group, as compared with other support specializations. Besides a bigger heal and Barriers, most of its other aspects, i.e Might stacking, group condition removal, and enemy boon removal, can be achieved with a Viper set-up (and Aristocracy runes).

I always use sage amulet on mine and enjoy it but would love to just have healing/vitality/condition damage stat combo. You have no use for precision or ferocity and I haven’t tested out power builds on scourge but I feel like the only ability that would benefit from power would be f5 which has a relatively long cool down anyway and is easy to avoid.

The concentration could be kind of cool if you went with the final trait that gives you the boons you corrupt but then it’s just even easier to get shredded by spell breaker or have all your boons corrupted by another scourge. Pve I don’t see any benefit to this build given that you don’t really provide anything outside of barrier and are better off just having a magi tempest spamming heals/cleanse/regen.

I use Minstrels with Leadership Runes to hit 100% boon duration while GSS is out from Sand Savant.

You have really long lasting Regeneration, and on condition heavy fights you can convert quite a bit of conditions to longish lasting boons.

The extra vitality goes a long way to making your Life Force generation very easy to maintain even on fights with zero adds.

It also makes you neigh indestructible and your own barrier stretches further if you have to dive in for what would be otherwise impossible revives for other healers, plus Transfusion pulls allies to you while Downed from 600 radius.

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Why harrier? Other than might, and like two applications of regenerate, what boons would we even have?

It still doesn't sound like a good idea, but to answer your question, potentially all of them. Depending on where you're fighting and what conditions you're taking, they can be converted into boons. Bleed converts to vigor, chilled becomes resistance, slow becomes quickness and vulnerability becomes protection. A Scourge can convert 2 every few seconds. For encounters that don't provide conditions, it's rather useless.

Archived