[Video] Whip again/PVP

dDuff.3860

Hello guys, Fae is back!

I recently came back to a game, to realise that D/P is being pushed out of meta. So it made me experimenting with buffed stuff like acro and sword. I found out that S/p acro is now great and impressive with every skill being useful and worth spending initiative on.Take a look at some highlights taken during first week of season and pre-season. Have in mind, that there is no montage, except some clucnhy moments.I hope you enjoy it.

I'll post a build if needed, but it is pretty obvious.

Atm im playing deadeye with S/P and man... I'm having so much fun!I can imagine the surprise when they jump me thinking I'm a sniper and a easy kill and I switch to S/P and melt their faces!Wen I get home I'll link my build.

Edit: so THIS is my sPvP spec.

Depending no my oposite team i switch between Instant Reflexes and Pain Response.

@Volrath.1473 said:Atm im playing deadeye with S/P and man... I'm having so much fun!I can imagine the surprise when they jump me thinking I'm a sniper and a easy kill and I switch to S/P and melt their faces!Wen I get home I'll link my build.

Edit: so THIS is my sPvP spec.

Depending no my oposite team i switch between Instant Reflexes and Pain Response.

It's nice to see others trying to make S/X Acro-Deadeye work. If the mark had reduced cast time, I think they could play really well with each other.

@Maugetarr.6823 said:

@Volrath.1473 said:Atm im playing deadeye with S/P and man... I'm having so much fun!I can imagine the surprise when they jump me thinking I'm a sniper and a easy kill and I switch to S/P and melt their faces!Wen I get home I'll link my build.

Edit: so
is my sPvP spec.

It's nice to see others trying to make S/X Acro-Deadeye work. If the mark had reduced cast time, I think they could play really well with each other.

Yea I agree. That Mark cast time really hinders the fluidity of melee that we are used to.

I tested out something similar to your build but i'm missing something...even with might i cant do the same amount of dmg you do. you are clearly not using berserk cuz you have 17k hpi understand if you dont want to make it public, could you PM me the build your using pls?

my playstyle if very similar to yours and if with my draft/guess build i'm doing very well but with lower dmg...

@Volrath.1473 said:I tested out something similar to your build but i'm missing something...even with might i cant do the same amount of dmg you do. you are clearly not using berserk cuz you have 17k hpi understand if you dont want to make it public, could you PM me the build your using pls?

my playstyle if very similar to yours and if with my draft/guess build i'm doing very well but with lower dmg...

You right, I wasn't really into making it public, but then i've met a couple of thiefs playing so:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsaVn0MBFmiFOBmOB8PhlriybDygPY+5z+uv7mmuAA-jpxHQBL8BAosDBw1KD8i9Hg3JAAAHBAAa

There are few options but this is pretty well polished build.

@bluri.2653 said:no dp is not being pushed out of meta

This is your opinion, We can start a discussion here, but consecutive nerfs to dp dash playstyle (Backstab 1 sec cd, more cover conditions thrown here and there and finally dash rework) made me think that in current game state dp became worse option for thief.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm improving my perfomance and think that next vid will be much better (this material was filmed after my comeback to the game after a 1.5 year rest)

@dDuff.3860 said:

@Volrath.1473 said:I tested out something similar to your build but i'm missing something...even with might i cant do the same amount of dmg you do. you are clearly not using berserk cuz you have 17k hpi understand if you dont want to make it public, could you PM me the build your using pls?

You right, I wasn't really into making it public, but then i've met a couple of thiefs playing so:

There are few options but this is pretty well polished build.

@bluri.2653 said:no dp is not being pushed out of meta

This is your opinion, We can start a discussion here, but consecutive nerfs to dp dash playstyle (Backstab 1 sec cd, more cover conditions thrown here and there and finally dash rework) made me think that in current game state dp became worse option for thief.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm improving my perfomance and think that next vid will be much better (this material was filmed after my comeback to the game after a 1.5 year rest)

Not much to discuss since you think dp is out of meta and run acro pw and thinks it performs better and you bringing up 3 things that has no impact whatsoever if you play dp correctly.

1. You never 5-2->backstab since forever ago simply not worth the investment for that damage (this has been the case since HoT btw.)
  2. Cover condis? LUL? What?
  3. Dash rework is irrelevant

Anyway, play what you want and what you enjoy but saying DP is out of meta you need to check yourself lad

@dDuff.3860 said:D/P is being pushed out of meta

@bluri.2653 said:Not much to discuss since you think dp is out of meta and run acro pw and thinks it performs better and you bringing up 3 things that has no impact whatsoever if you play dp correctly.

I never said it is out, because it is a process. But DP dash it is being pushed by Anet, which implements things that add counterplay to DP dash gameplay, like you can't peel scourge alone, with a dagger, you can't pressure spellbreaker alone with dagger, you can't even decap point from mesmer with a dagger. While you maintain high single target burst with dagger mainhand, you're being vulnerable to all meta cheese. Add to my 3 points, that there are now classes that great in +1, can rotate fast, and also stand on point.

In fact, I state that acro S/P is different playstyle, but also have potential to decap/+1ing. And this is the reason for thief versatile play.I'm behind you in leaderboards, but not that far atm. #24 after 110+ games, we'll see how it ends :)

Yep, i nailed all the traits! but i had different runes and sigils.it is very intuitive for me and took me no time to get use to the combos and the rotations!tyvm!

I'll continue playing with it in sPvP for now but i really wanna make S/X work with Deadeye, It feels really good to me.Some times I open with S/P wile building up malice then go stealth -> infiltrator's Return -> swap to rifle and finish them off, and the other way around works very well too, open with rifle, make them bow the cd's and heals then stealth -> swap to S/P(D) -> Infiltrator Strike -> melt faces.also i run with Runes of Leadership that give me a bigger haste window wile maintaining a big stack of might for longer without lowering my base dps.i have them for wvwvw too perma swiftness without DD.

Archived