Full Servers

Tifa.6473

Some servers have gone from full to very high (open) recently, and then back to full. I only keep track of EU servers, and it has happened twice over last 3 weeks:

Piken Square dropped from full status 31.10, went back to full 8.11Seafarer's Rest dropped from full to very high 8.11 and went back to full 14.11

(dates are when I saved the population example, I do not know when exactly the changes happen or even if they stay same for full week)

There should at least be a requirement that when a poster starts talking about full servers, they need to post the server they are on or at least want to move to. How can anyone make an intelligent argument without that relevant information, or are we venting just to vent and it's irrelevant as to the server in question and therefore Anet and the rest of us can just ignore this thread?

Well Anet keeps over 'estimating' the strength of desolation. We are by far the weakest EU server now (non link ofc). We should have WAY earlier has a Full to high pop opening or a link. But The community wich fought against a wall, and only saw a 'this is pointless' in the mirror, finally broke after months of trying to survive the destructive server population estimation. Desolation from 14-11-17 is offficially death and cannot recover because to get where some other servers are we would need aprox 50 decent skilled people to transfer (at least). Even if it drops from full, seeing how quickly servers get to full status again, this will never be the case.

And because of this kind of locking mechanisms, you kill communities. You kill even the most hardy server loyalists (wich btw keep the game mode alive). And other servers with more 'casual' (to the server then) but in practise very strong people/commuities/commanders/Correct wvw specs etc, are raping the others that it has no names. Guess what, these servers STILL get links and STILL get non full status all the time. Mind boggling how much Anet ignores this. I've been silent for months as i knew Anet wouldnt listen. I know they still won't listen. But you killed desolation70-90%. If you want it to revitalize, i suggest you STRONGLY work hard on more appropriate server population estimation (the current one is bonkers).

Ps i don't care wich servers win in this matter. I don't care who has the most ppl. I don't even care who has the best communities. All I want is 'enough' fundaments, to have a proper working server, that is not destroyed by pure fail algorythms, and ignorance by the devs.

Mcckenna Please fix this asap: Do never lock a server to long down. Especially when they keep dropping and remain bottom long time. If that happens, wathever the other statistics say (play time/WXP gathered), do NOT count anymore.

For instance, there this one server, wich since server links has a VERY VERY VERY favorable setup by server algorythm: often nr 1, often a link, often not full. In this system, if i transfer there, i 100% sure will be good. But the enemies won't be... Other servers are dying. And wvw needs allies AND enemies. Cant have one without the other. Every server must be viable. Thing is I think atm enough ppl play wvw to fill most server blocks (main + link). It's just they arent distributed properly.

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:I'd bet 5 silver that they're talking about a certain NA T1 server that shall not be named.

I'll see your 5 silver and raise you 2 copper, cuz my money's on the nameless server in question... starts with BLOB and ends in GATE...24/7 BABY!!! :sunglasses:

(Except when they're trying to pretend to be otherwise, cuz that never happens, right?)"Honest, Anet... we're not 50% fuller than everybody else that's been in T1 in the last 3 months! HONEST!!! :smirk:

@Tifa.6473 said:When are they going to open up. Some servers have been in full state for way to long.

Because those servers are still full or overstacked... the system to open servers is automated, if those servers weren’t full or overstacked they would be open funny how that works.

TLDR

Players need to quit bandwagon if/overstacked servers

When the obedient population on a server has been conditioned enough to not rank up/get too much PPK and fights, and solely PPT/sit in your towers&keeps the way anet wants us to. Then maybe. If you have fun/like fights/kill people by the shedload to get those evil rank ups.... sorry, you'll never open.

and to top it all, after some big guild left this week, we have a double and triple linking server against us. I cannot understand the logic of a system that matches like this, this is not a match, already as the single server, you get double teamed as you are seen as the weakest server in the MU. This used to be my favourite time Friday night, now its become a waste of time, but a frustration to many players, and all I can hope for is some logic and common sense to prevail.

Just to follow up on this:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7dns3k/elona_reach_is_now_playing_against_two_dead/

Kodash apparently decided to stop playing for 2 weeks, since they have been full for a year now and no new players come in while more and more players leave. The community is already walking on a stick, and the active population is dwindling, yet the status doesn't change a bit.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Tifa.6473 said:When are they going to open up. Some servers have been in full state for way to long.

Because those servers are still full or overstacked... the system to open servers is automated, if those servers weren’t full or overstacked they would be open funny how that works.

TLDR

Players need to quit bandwagon if/overstacked servers

FA being overstack while struggling to float around T2 and T3... Yeah, great joke... Just like whatever population algorithm we currently have.

Just open Blackgate and let's be done with it.

@Sovereign.1093 said::/ closing a server is not the solution. merging it with others and raising the pop cap would.

Merging and raising the pop cap is not a solution. We already had that in the beginning of this game before server links. All merging does is freeze the ability of Anet to counter-act player movement trends and exacerbate population inbalances.

@Krypto.2069 said:

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:I'd bet 5 silver that they're talking about a certain NA T1 server that shall not be named.

I'll see your 5 silver and raise you 2 copper, cuz my money's on the nameless server in question... starts with BLOB and ends in GATE...
24/7 BABY!!!
:sunglasses:

(Except when they're trying to pretend to be otherwise, cuz that never happens, right?)"Honest, Anet... we're not 50% fuller than everybody else that's been in T1 in the last 3 months!
HONEST!!!
:smirk:

Anet made an official statement that several linked and even unlinked servers have more man hours per week than BG in WvW.

@Sarge.9730 said:

@Krypto.2069 said:

I'll see your 5 silver and raise you 2 copper, cuz my money's on the nameless server in question... starts with BLOB and ends in GATE...
24/7 BABY!!!
:sunglasses:

(Except when they're trying to pretend to be otherwise, cuz that never happens, right?)"Honest, Anet... we're not 50% fuller than everybody else that's been in T1 in the last 3 months!
HONEST!!!
:smirk:

Anet made an official statement that several linked and even unlinked servers have more man hours per week than BG in WvW.

Yes but I'd be willing to bet that if it ever was opened they'd be FLOODED with additional accounts, and they haven't lost a T1 fight in forever.

Archived