Why patch the cat tag?

SkyShroud.2865

@Svarty.8019 said:Yep, the mysteries of the random bugfixes.

Do you think they have a bugfix tombola, or is it a dartboard? Maybe it's one of those piñata things.

You're close, actually -- it is indeed a board. However, instead of putting it on a wall and throwing darts at it, they instead put it on the floor, and spill a bucket of spiders atop of it; eventually the spiders will scatter out, and the option with the least amount of arachnids on it is chosen.

@Jski.6180 said:Just add in a way to hid your tag from ppl not in your group.

They've already said they are against invisible tags and will not be implementing one. I guess there was a way to run invisible tag with the catmander (but no one has confirmed) so I am not surprised anet patched it.

@Lahmia.2193 said:I guess there was a way to run invisible tag with the catmander (but no one has confirmed) so I am not surprised anet patched it.Correct and the invisible tag still works. I have no idea what OP is talking about because he is obviously wrong if this is about the invisibility "oversight".

Whether it should be fixed or not is another matter. It is technically a bug. I still dont think it should be possible to use the command features while not having the command tag up. It really makes WvW a lesser game when people dont want to reveal they are a squad. I am far more in favor of expanding the system with different shapes so that guilds can truly personalize their tag, rather than hiding their glorious hardcore elite presence among the peasants that are cramping their awesomeness.

@Sylvyn.4750 said:And they still haven't fixed the invisible warp tunnels that port you right in front of the enemy spawns on ABL? Yeah, those invisible tags are so much more game-breaking than sneaking in behind unsuspecting enemies coming out of their spawn...:)

I'm not sure why they added those warps when we have Legendary Defenders to one shot people trying to sneak inside a enemy spawn. Thieves entering the camp through stealth? Well, add some legendary defenders to guard the mechants too.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:I guess there was a way to run invisible tag with the catmander (but no one has confirmed) so I am not surprised anet patched it.Correct and the invisible tag still works. I have no idea what OP is talking about because he is obviously wrong if this is about the invisibility "oversight".

Whether it should be fixed or not is another matter. It is technically a bug. I still dont think it should be possible to use the command features while not having the command tag up. It really makes WvW a lesser game when people dont want to reveal they are a squad. I am far more in favor of expanding the system with different shapes so that guilds can truly personalize their tag, rather than hiding their glorious hardcore elite presence among the peasants that are cramping their awesomeness.

So wait...that 5 man roaming squad you'd rather see revealed to all and balloon into an ineffective zerg? Great strategy!

This will be the fork in WvW. I'm already seeing this now on my server, which most of the time goes tagless lately. these special cupcakes don't want those nasty pug folks around, which is their choice. But these special cupcakes wonder why when they they get out blobbed and call out in map chat for help or to defend something, for scout reports or anything, either no one responds or they get some snarky responses similar to 'you want your cake, go eat it by yourself'. The trend now is to do this lately for folks only in voice chat as well. If your not in voice chat, no invite to the tagless squad. It is already making the population even less. This is what we call 'server unity'.

But hey, its no surprise to me. This elitest attitude has been prevalant in pvp now for awhile. It was only a matter of time before it migrated to WvW. I've play pvp modes in quite a few games, and while player bases ALWAYS blame the devs when populations decrease, it is in reality, always the player base that destroy these pvp populations in some fashion. Whether its using exploits, cheese builds, trolling, elitist attitude or whatever, it always seem to come down to this elitist entitled behavior that drives the masses out of the mode.

@Sylvyn.4750 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

So wait...that 5 man roaming squad you'd rather see revealed to all and balloon into an ineffective zerg? Great strategy!

Not to mention certain celebrity commanders having no qualms about monitoring enemy movement with alternate accounts.No names naturally

coughloudflycough

@mulzi.8273 said:

This will be the fork in WvW. I'm already seeing this now on my server, which most of the time goes tagless lately. these special cupcakes don't want those nasty pug folks around, which is their choice. But these special cupcakes wonder why when they they get out blobbed and call out in map chat for help or to defend something, for scout reports or anything, either no one responds or they get some snarky responses similar to 'you want your cake, go eat it by yourself'. The trend now is to do this lately for folks only in voice chat as well. If your not in voice chat, no invite to the tagless squad. It is already making the population even less. This is what we call 'server unity'.

But hey, its no surprise to me. This elitest attitude has been prevalant in pvp now for awhile. It was only a matter of time before it migrated to WvW. I've play pvp modes in quite a few games, and while player bases ALWAYS blame the devs when populations decrease, it is in reality, always the player base that destroy these pvp populations in some fashion. Whether its using exploits, cheese builds, trolling, elitist attitude or whatever, it always seem to come down to this elitist entitled behavior that drives the masses out of the mode.

Our guild leader runs pug tag many times, but we do occasionally like to run as a closed squad in preparation for GvG matches. It's harder to see how effective our group is as a cohesive unit when massed pugs follow behind and rallybot the downed enemies. It's harder to know where our heals and boons are coming from and how well we are sustaining on our own. We definitely have guild unity, and that's really the level of unity anyone should strive for. Server unity is a pipe dream, especially with the many servers that have constantly rotating links and even with guilds on the same server that have personality clashes and differences of opinion on how to WvW. Join a guild of like-minded people, have fun together and ignore everything else because you can't please all of the people all of the time.

@mulzi.8273 said:

Server Unity or Pride in times where there are no servers isn't going to happen my friend... I would have bothered fighting for a server long ago when they still existed. Now? Not so much... Even more since all the servers I would actually consider fighting for are gone reduced to no-name guests.

@Sylvyn.4750 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

So wait...that 5 man roaming squad you'd rather see revealed to all and balloon into an ineffective zerg? Great strategy!Since when does a 5 man roaming squad require a tag?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Sylvyn.4750 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

So wait...that 5 man roaming squad you'd rather see revealed to all and balloon into an ineffective zerg? Great strategy!Since when does a 5 man roaming squad require a tag?

In your previous statement, you said "it really makes WvW a lesser game when people don't want to reveal they are a squad." A squad can be any size, so where do you draw the line between a "zerg squad" and a "roaming squad" and force them to be revealed on the map to all? I think it'd be pretty funny to have 20 tags on a map and a pugling trying to figure out which one to attach himself to, kinda like a shell game...which one has the zerg that's going to protect me?

@Sylvyn.4750 You bring up a very valid point.

I think where WvW is at right now has two extremes with most of us caught in the middle:

One side is the (others would describe them as) elitist who doesn't want pugs rallying their enemies during fights.

The other side are new people to WvW who only want to do their thing and don't care about group comp nor learning how to best help a squad.

In between these two is where I believe most of the people in WvW are.

Most agree that the WvW populace is diminishing. As players, we do not have control over game design nor class design.

But we DO have control over how we offer and accept assistance with our gameplay and integrating into a squad effectively.

Vets need to be willing to offer help and assistance to allow new players to be successful and hopefully enjoy the mode.

Newer (and returning players who haven't played in a year or more) need to be willing to adjust and take advice, suggestions.

The players have control over a lot of their future.

Archived