Too Many Stickied Threads?

Stickied threads take up an enormous amount of real estate on the page now (for a variety of reasons). I wonder whether it would be possible to combine some of the threads into a single one that points to knowledge base articles instead. For example:

• Combine all the forum-related stickies into "Forum FAQ: How To; Giving Feedback, Suggestion Forum Changes, Moderation Questions, ..."
  • Similarly combine ToS-related stickies into "Terms of Service FAQ: Multiboxing, Macros, AFK, Reporting Bots or Cheats, ..."
  • And "Gem Shop FAQ and Updates: Requests, Returning Items, ..."

Ideally, there would also be an FAQ link alongside Index|Discussions|Dev Tracker|Best of, that would link to these threads. In this way, instead of needing 4-8 stickies per forum folder, it would be closer to 2-3.

The stickies on the new forum wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the massive spacing between thread titles. There are a lot less than the old forum. I mentioned a similar idea about cleaning up sticky threads about a year ago. Here was Gaile's response:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Suggest-Reducing-stickies-in-GW2-Discussion/first#post6372338

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:The stickies on the new forum wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the massive spacing between thread titles. I mentioned something similar to this on the old forum about a year ago. Here was Gaile's response:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Suggest-Reducing-stickies-in-GW2-Discussion/first#post6372338

Yes, I remember that thread. However, with the new forums, several of the objections to collating aren't as important:

• Longer titles are possible, so the need for single issue-stickies is not as critical.
  • Current forum has an actual search function, so it's possible for people to find what they are looking for without needing a sticky.
  • The forum readership has changed, maybe the needs have changed.
  • The forums are new -- it's a perfect opportunity for people to get used to a new way of doing things
  • The amount of real estate required each topic title has increased, so a few stickies eats up an entire "page" (depending on user settings); there's an increased need for reduced clutter.

Also I'm not sure that the metrics used then were entirely apt. Of course, right after stickies are combined, people are going to start posting duplicate topics. It takes a while for people to adapt to new systems and these new forums have a lot more tools to help folks find what they are looking for.

In other words, I think it's a good time to revisit the priorities and the techniques we use to address common questions.

much rather have Stickied Threads at the top of the forum for two reasons . a easy to find and b it is important information that i do not have to try and remember where to look for it . and c it sames me a lot of time and trouble and hope it is not changed at all for any reason other than it is not need information any more

Archived