Living World Season 4 - November 28th!

Kronos.3695

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kronos.3695 said:

What are you going to expect?

Wouldn't mind some meta events. Played some PvP but then went and relaxed by playing some Verdant Brink meta events last night, still fun to work up to the boss fights there. Wouldn't mind seeing some of that layered into the new maps. Large scale zone invasions like the old scarlet events into the new maps also would be fun, defend Anmoon from branded invasions!

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Wouldn't mind some meta events. Played some PvP but then went and relaxed by playing some Verdant Brink meta events last night, still fun to work up to the boss fights there. Wouldn't mind seeing some of that layered into the new maps. Large scale zone invasions like the old scarlet events into the new maps also would be fun, defend Anmoon from branded invasions!

How would that work for players who haven't done the story yet? Are we going back to LS1-type of game?

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Wouldn't mind some meta events. Played some PvP but then went and relaxed by playing some Verdant Brink meta events last night, still fun to work up to the boss fights there. Wouldn't mind seeing some of that layered into the new maps. Large scale zone invasions like the old scarlet events into the new maps also would be fun, defend Anmoon from branded invasions!

How would that work for players who haven't done the story yet? Are we going back to LS1-type of game?

That's what I told them when they started speculating on Season 4 adding more (map wide meta) events to the PoF maps. But people seem to ignore the statements on temporary content.How often did I read: "I'm sure they will add some more events to the maps later on" in the feedback of PoF.

The only thing I expect.... Living world season 4 is finding out how to kill kralk. 3rd expansion is ether killing kralk or chaining him up. Or somehow beating kralk without killing it.

I don't think that is aurene. Aurene looked way different even if that was a dragon. aurenes head was more round. And the guy at the end, it's ether kralk fused with Balthazar. Or it's kralks minion who will kick out butt till we find out how to win.

@Tekey.7946 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

That's what I told them when they started speculating on Season 4 adding more (map wide meta) events to the PoF maps. But people seem to ignore the statements on temporary content.How often did I read: "I'm sure they will add some more events to the maps later on" in the feedback of PoF.

Or maybe make it a meta that happens once every week or something like that... A seasonal meta event?

@Tekey.7946 said:That's what I told them when they started speculating on Season 4 adding more (map wide meta) events to the PoF maps. But people seem to ignore the statements on temporary content.How often did I read: "I'm sure they will add some more events to the maps later on" in the feedback of PoF.

I hope it won't be just the first instance of LS4, where we beat the branded from Amnoon and then it's all sunny and pretty. And afterwards we go south to search for Aurene. Instead I'd love to see a revamp of Crystal Oasis to be more branded-like, or add some form of phasing to separate the two.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Tekey.7946 said:That's what I told them when they started speculating on Season 4 adding more (map wide meta) events to the PoF maps. But people seem to ignore the statements on temporary content.How often did I read: "I'm sure they will add some more events to the maps later on" in the feedback of PoF.

I hope it won't be just the first instance of LS4, where we beat the branded from Amnoon and then it's all sunny and pretty. And afterwards we go south to search for Aurene. Instead I'd love to see a revamp of Crystal Oasis to be more branded-like, or add some form of phasing to separate the two.

Whilst I am on record on saying phasing would never happen, that would appear to be the most logical solution at this point judging by the trailer.

Mixing timelines in a map is going to get messy otherwise

@maddoctor.2738 said:

The problem is that's just not feasible when people who aren't keeping up with the game will be coming in later to play PoF and be presented with a map that does not reflect where they are in the story. It's the same problem they ran into in S1, and I highly doubt they will do that again. They're much better off putting all the LS content in new maps.

@Andred.1087 said:The problem is that's just not feasible when people who aren't keeping up with the game will be coming in later to play PoF and be presented with a map that does not reflect where they are in the story. It's the same problem they ran into in S1, and I highly doubt they will do that again. They're much better off putting all the LS content in new maps.

Make two versions of the same map then, one branded, one normal. It could work

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Andred.1087 said:The problem is that's just not feasible when people who aren't keeping up with the game will be coming in later to play PoF and be presented with a map that does not reflect where they are in the story. It's the same problem they ran into in S1, and I highly doubt they will do that again. They're much better off putting all the LS content in new maps.

Make two versions of the same map then, one branded, one normal. It could work

Just think of cleansed Orr, we didn't get another version of the existing maps but Siren's Landing instead.

Archived