Might Makes Right Spellbreaker

Tinnel.4369

Tried a few times, but you have to sacrifice discipline, defense or specialization thus making warrior slow or susceptible to instant kill; and the 10 second on weapon swapping makes warrior sluggish to play. There is no reason why a decent warrior would choose strength traits over dicipline, defence, or specialization.

In WvW warrior is forced to run defence, dicipline, and specialization or else warrior is a sitting bag.The lack of diverse builds in warrior is what makes people not play them in WvW.

I've been doing it ever since it came out. It has its advantages, but I think overall it is probably weaker than the "meta" build. I find it more fun though.

@Tinnel.4369 said:Yeah, I'm coming to somewhat the same conclusion. However, dropping Defense for Strength and building a little tankier appears viable? The auto stances seem the biggest loss.

Ironically I felt like the nerfs hurt people who don't use Defense more than the people who do use it.

edit: Forgot to mention I forgo Defense in favor of Str which you probably gathered from reading the post. I cannot play without Discipline.

@Choppy.4183 said:I fought someone using it (dropping defense). It was excellent, but couldn't be relied on in more than a 1v2 or 3. I watched him kill a number of people who tried to interrupt our duels.

Great fight build, but limited in scope. He used dd/gs.

Is Endure Pain still 4 seconds in WvW? If so, I'd say Defense is stronger than Strength. If not, Strength, Discipline, Spellbreaker is my favourite Spellbreaker build.

@Choppy.4183 said:I fought someone using it (dropping defense). It was excellent, but couldn't be relied on in more than a 1v2 or 3. I watched him kill a number of people who tried to interrupt our duels.

Could you qualify "limited in scope"? I can see how it gets overwhelmed by numbers, but everything does at some point. Reckless Dodge, Stick and Move, and Peak Performance are all significant offense. With food endurance is extremely plentiful.

@Hitman.5829 said:There is no reason why a decent warrior would choose strength traits over dicipline, defence, or specialization.

And yet Shinryuku, arguably one of the most well known YouTube warrior mains is using Strength, Dicipline, Spellbreaker

It is viable but much glassier than the standard Disc, Def, SB build. I would argue ONLY good warriors can play STR DISC SB effectively.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

Could you qualify "limited in scope"? I can see how it gets overwhelmed by numbers, but everything does at some point. Reckless Dodge, Stick and Move, and Peak Performance are all significant offense. With food endurance is extremely plentiful.

Just that it doesn't handle a sudden escalation of combat (number of enemies) well, as often occurs when wvw roaming. It also wouldn't do well in large fights generally. Might be great in pvp though, I don't know.

Beyond damage pressure, the Magebane Tether plus Might Makes Right combo was very strong, and mitigated the loss from not going into the Defense line somewhat.

Skill floor is higher with this build though. It's not as forgiving as the Defense version can be. More interesting and deadly though.

@Tinnel.4369 said:Yeah, I'm coming to somewhat the same conclusion. However, dropping Defense for Strength and building a little tankier appears viable? The auto stances seem the biggest loss.

u can try to run soldier, because there's no different between paladin versus marauder/demo, u still die so fast on warrior, literally warrior only depends on defense to survive.try soldier, but i doubt you will be about to do enough damage

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:There is no reason why a
decent
warrior would choose strength traits over dicipline, defence, or specialization.

And yet Shinryuku, arguably one of the most well known YouTube warrior mains is using Strength, Dicipline, Spellbreaker

It is viable but much glassier than the standard Disc, Def, SB build. I would argue ONLY good warriors can play STR DISC SB effectively.

because there's rarely any decent skilled player in wvw. hello.by "only good warrior can play str disc sb effectively" u mean only good warrior can run str disc sb against scrubs.hey, i can run naked warrior with only weapon, only good warrior can do that, naked warrior viable and good, man.

ofc, if all u do is 1v1, str/disc/sb is a decent choice, but other then that when u try to group fight against multiple decent players with bursty classes you are just free loot, ofc there's also the "this warrior must have defense like every other warrior out there, so let's not focus him". also any youtuber will cut the part where they die.i should totally make a naked warrior wvw montage so they can nerf the shit out of warrior

@Lighter.5631 said:

u can try to run soldier, because there's no different between paladin versus marauder/demo, u still die so fast on warrior, literally warrior only depends on defense to survive.try soldier, but i doubt you will be about to do enough damage

This is WvW focused, but I don't find "literally warrior only depends on defense to survive" to be true anywhere.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

This is WvW focused, but I don't find "literally warrior only depends on defense to survive" to be true anywhere.

you will be free bag to me if you see me on my thief/holo in wvw without defense matemaybe not to those upleveled, pve only, low experienced players, half ass geared, if that's what you wish to go against only in wvw, or just mindless zerging, sure go ahead, str/discp/sb is fun, i mean in this case, no build matter

@Lighter.5631 said:

because there's rarely any decent skilled player in wvw. hello.by "only good warrior can play str disc sb effectively" u mean only good warrior can run str disc sb against scrubs.hey, i can run naked warrior with only weapon, only good warrior can do that, naked warrior viable and good, man.

ofc, if all u do is 1v1, str/disc/sb is a decent choice, but other then that when u try to group fight against multiple decent players with bursty classes you are just free loot, ofc there's also the "this warrior must have defense like every other warrior out there, so let's not focus him". also any youtuber will cut the part where they die.i should totally make a naked warrior wvw montage so they can nerf the kitten out of warrior

If there's rarely decent skilled players in WvW why on earth would I build for them? Then you imply that these rare decent players travel in packs? You're not making much sense, sir.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

ofc, if all u do is 1v1, str/disc/sb is a decent choice, but other then that when u try to group fight against multiple decent players with bursty classes you are just free loot, ofc there's also the "this warrior must have defense like every other warrior out there, so let's not focus him". also any youtuber will cut the part where they die.i should totally make a naked warrior wvw montage so they can nerf the kitten out of warrior

If there's rarely decent skilled players in WvW why on earth would I build for them? Then you imply that these rare decent players travel in packs? You're not making much sense, sir.

ok man, if you are so single minded, and don't even want to try to optimize your build for the worst chase scenario, why are you even here asking for advice which you won't even take even tho it's true

@Lighter.5631 said:

ok man, if you are so single minded, and don't even want to try to optimize your build for the worst chase scenario, why are you even here asking for advice which you won't even take even tho it's true

You just laid out the worst case scenario, in your opinion: that there's rarely decent players in WvW. That nonsense aside, I don't want worst case scenario, I want the best mileage and fun out of my general game play against the general landscape of enemies.

There's great advice here, some of which is contrary to your fragmented, contradictory, grammatical nightmare of an argument. I didn't come here to argue, but rather generate a discussion and formulate testable hypotheses.

The only single mindedness being delivered is that if you're not meta you're a bag. Meta implies that everything happens under static conditions in a vacuum, which is false. Can it deliver optimal in generalities? Sure, but it's hardly one size fits all. Life inside a box is dull at best!

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

You just laid out the worst case scenario, in your opinion: that there's rarely decent players in WvW. That nonsense aside, I don't want worst case scenario, I bet the best mileage and fun out of my general game play against the general landscape of enemies.

There's great advice here, some of which is contrary to your fragmented, contradictory, grammatical nightmare of an argument. I didn't come here to argue, but rather generate a discussion and formulate testable hypotheses.

The only single mindedness being delivered is that if you're not meta you're a bag. Meta implies that everything happens under static conditions in a vacuum, which is false. Can it deliver optimal in generalities? Sure, but it's hardly one size fits all. Life inside a box is dull at best!

"Shinryuku" 's worst case scenario is likely not your worse case scenario, as he's most likely better then a lot of wvwers, so he need less optimized set up.so in "Shinryuku"'s view, decent player is rare.

but you, can you say you are "Shinryuku" level? if not, then your worse case scenario will happen more often as more players will be able to beat you.so in your views, decent player happen quite a lot.

now logic aside, if you are that good and enjoy owning noobs, sure go ahead. but i doubt you are as you suggested of changing to tank stats,which will not really help warrior compared to defense lineand probably already tried str/disc/sb

@Lighter.5631 said:

"Shinryuku" 's worst case scenario is likely not your worse case scenario, as he's most likely better then a lot of wvwers, so he need less optimized set up.so in "Shinryuku"'s view, decent player is rare.

but you, can you say you are "Shinryuku" level? if not, then your worse case scenario will happen more often as more players will be able to beat you.so in your views, decent player happen quite a lot.

now logic aside, if you are that good and enjoy owning noobs, sure go ahead. but i doubt you are as you suggested of changing to tank stats,which will not really help warrior compared to defense lineand probably already tried str/disc/sb

What logic? You're not making any sense man. Worst case scenario is either I have to disengage or I'm overwhelmed and dead. Whether Defense or Strength is better in that scenario plays out on a case by case basis with a number of other variables thrown in. The same is true for Shinryuku I would guess.

No doubt as numbers against you go up Defense and Stances arguably become favorable. However, the question posed was whether minimal static defensive stats coupled with a large increase in damage potential and sustain through dodging and Might Makes Right would be serviceable. Seems to me, and others here, that it is to a point. In fact, that's precisely what Shinryuku recommends for his WvW build...Marauders for that extra little bit to get your extra damage off.

If you're going to argue that by taking a periodic 43% damage increase coupled to cc, boonstrip, stability, mobility, and evade plus a passive damage source through dodge, mitigation through dodge, might stacking, and passive healing can't contend with Defense line in a majority of scenarios you'll have to do better than....cause meta said so.

@cryorion.9532 said:I tried Str/Dis/SB glass cannon warrior with d+d/gs in WvW. I find it more fun than d+sh/gs with defense. It feels great to have 30k+ burst with bulls charge, dagger 4 and arcing slice (on squishies), but if someone dodges bulls charge (which is kinda easy) you are pretty much screwed :D

I run the same weapon combos, but not necessarily glassy. I run Marauders, Hoelbraks, and a couple Knights pieces. I also run Stomp and try and sneak Bull's Charge in from close range so it's a little more likely to hit.

apart from a roaming build, rare on warrior these days, everyone runs defense.str and berserk are fairly interchangeable, some tanks swap discipline for tacticseveryone runs defense, cant see a reason to run arms, the 2h attack speed is not enough I tried it to make dagger viable waste of time.the only reason I would swap def for strength if I was running a hammer build, which I don't as guard hammer builds are better.if you ran a poll I reckon 70%+ of warriors on wvw run sb, def and discipline.

I have been trying might makes right with spellbreaker. This used in conjunction with sun and moon style and Adrenal healing thus taking Strength, Defense and Spellbreaker.

The build uses dagger/dagger and Axe/shield.

I have tried dropping defense for a STR/SB/Disc build and have tried Str/SB/Def. The latter seems better then the former. Fast Hands loss and warrior sprint loss is significant and I find if I am in STR , i need at least two physicals traited (kick, bulls rush) or it not worth it. I am finding that what is pulling me more to the STR line is not so much might makes right , albeit it nice to have , as it is the recent changes to peak Perfomance which gives a significant damage boost with kick and Bulls rush traited. The Sun and moon quickness add on interrupt along with peak perfomance gets my daggers doing some nice damage.

It does very well against builds that fight you up close (outside scourge) but once an enemy determines you lack mobility , very prone to kiting.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:

Who's the single minded poster here?

I'm not an avid WvW player, so for me, I'd likely be in a group of 3+ or a zerg and Defense would likely be my go-to but it's hardly being single-minded to assume you can pick and choose the situations you want to use trait lines/utilities. Use Strength in smaller scale fights. From a personal standpoint, I'm not that averse to dropping Disc since I swap to professions with 10sec weapon swaps often enough that dropping it (and warrior's sprint) doesn't feel like a slog.

Archived