Poll for PvP In your opinion what do you think the main cause for PvPs current state is?

Luciferior.4802

I could completely overlook all of the balance issues in PvP atm. By simply adapting to the current METAs. And learning how to play.

However soon as you throw, mass cheaters who don't get punished into the equation. At that point it's not only a non competitive environment. But also a unhealthy PvP environment that makes all of my honest efforts, a waste of time. Because cheaters cheat in mass because it's the easiest and safest way to win. So naturally by playing honestly and not cheating is automatically putting you at a loss.

Meaning any form of competitive play revolves around the cheaters. And not their player skills. Which pretty much null and void the whole point of a competition. Which pretty much just reduce Ranked PvP to nothing more than glorified PvE reward farm. Because all else is meaningless, because cheaters are cheating enmass and is not receiving any punishment for their actions.

So they feel very safe to cheat. Other players who feel the absolute need to compete on the cheaterboard. Now also feel to need to cheat just to level the playing field. Because again if you are not match manipulating, paying players to throw, queue sniping, or win trading. You pretty much have little to no chance at competing with those who do.

No option for me, I think pvp is shit cause there is no fucking diversity. Its been 5 years since launch and ALL WE HAVE IS CONQUEST.People get bored of that before they even get in pvp. And ranked with rating etc is bad as well... competetive pvp is fine... but we ONLY HAVE THAT. There is nothing else for your casuals and noobs out there to grow into a pvp'er. We need a new fun gamemode. Maybe rework stronghold if thats easier. And there is no damn reason to play unranked after you hit r20 since you get SOOO MUCH MORE LOOT IN RANKED: Either introduce those shiny chests to unranked without the shards or tickets or just straight up remove those damn pve rewards from ranked.

So only those who actually want competetive pvp will play ranked and everyone else just plays unranked for fun.

i dont agree with all the above. anet just push the meta to a cold war. the ones who have more power or more condi will win. if you have less cleanse or less evade/block/dodge you lose.there is no uniqueness in the class any more.instead to focus what each class should do it become each class can do almost all. thus giving it abilities which create a unreasonable meta builds.

the problem is anet insist to go further away from the holy trinity. at first it was nice but than it went south like a snowball.

Quaggan dislikes how some of you try to split community into better and worse, more and less important etc.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Why would anet spend time on something that doesn't make them money? There is probably one monkey slamming away in a keyboard making code for PvP.

All the money is in the gemstore and PvE so that's where the focus is right now and had been.

As Quaggan knows, Anet could make money on PvP, Quaggan has few ideas...

When I design my next poll on how to productively move PvP forward to a better place that most hopefully can agree on I will be looking for player input on said poll list options if anyone has any options they would like to see up there naturally if everyone has 20 options I probably wont be able to get them all but if I can get people to agree in how to specifically move forward that would help maybe anet will see it and understand. The idea of this poll is to find the common ground area where people can agree what is most likely the cause for PvP's issues and then try to move forward on solutions that the community as a whole can agree on or ....at very minimal a majority

@Luciferior.4802 said:I think my next poll will be based on how to move PvP to a better place that most can agree on ...assuming it can be recovered ill think on some options to add for that poll

Honestly GW2's PvP is just too far gone atm. And because outside of the forum support of maybe 1 or 2 developers, and 4 to 9 consistent players. This gamemode lost all other support. No one is anyone willing to truly go the extra distance to help it improve, when the devs. themselves can't be bother for whatever reasons. So population is now too low to support proper matchmaking, and a environment that's worthy of ANet's investment.

Which brings us to the next thing.....

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Why would anet spend time on something that doesn't make them money? There is probably one monkey slamming away in a keyboard making code for PvP.

All the money is in the gemstore and PvE so that's where the focus is right now and had been.

This is more or less, the sad reality PvP gamemode in GW2 is in right now. Since whatever reason the devs. couldn't make PvP gamemode in GW2 successful. Like I'd expect any business to do. They've moved the lion share of the time, manpower, and investment PvP gamemode was receiving. To the gamemode and things that seem to be producing positive effects for the company and it's investors.

So at this point and time. Unless ANet get's a major league PvP oriented investor. I expect no meaningful positive changes, to be implemented to the PvP gamemode in GW2.

As the old sayin goes... "Money Talks, and BS walks."

I feel as if the attempt to improve PvP should atleast be made with an honest effort even If it is futile. However if the community as a whole is in agreement that PvP is just too far gone to recover then imo the threads regarding balance changes que related ideas other game modes should be silenced as they will not likely come to pass or if they do they wont be in a productive way ...atleast imo

Main problem is yes the balancing issue. It kill's pvp. Especially if everyone plays just the meta. Other issues cannot be ignored but core issue is the balance between classes. The best thing Anet did in the past was splitting balance between game modes. That was a must. For balance tho, there is no other solution but to full on break the existing system & reinvest $$$ money from the millions of micro-transaction they make & put it into a new system. They actually have to hire top math geeks from universities & stop doing guess work. & Come out with smarter algorithm for stats, combat defense traits & all that makes up the pvp game & add limitations (Damage & Heals) so that you don't have any power creeps. But this is just the tip! Anet must have the foresight to make this new system flexible anoth so they can add on new stuff in the future (Expansion, ect...) With out breaking it or powercreeping it. But rendering it interesting anoth to play the new stuff. Finally, make it so that every class has not just 1 top tier class but multiple builds depending on play-style of players. It gets boring as hell to play the same meta build cuz playing otherwise loses the match. After all that, Now you can think of Making up new maps & new game mods. Before that it's pretty much a waste.

@Searven.4820 said:No option for me, I think pvp is kitten cause there is no kitten diversity. Its been 5 years since launch and ALL WE HAVE IS CONQUEST.People get bored of that before they even get in pvp. And ranked with rating etc is bad as well... competetive pvp is fine... but we ONLY HAVE THAT. There is nothing else for your casuals and noobs out there to grow into a pvp'er. We need a new fun gamemode. Maybe rework stronghold if thats easier. And there is no kitten reason to play unranked after you hit r20 since you get SOOO MUCH MORE LOOT IN RANKED: Either introduce those shiny chests to unranked without the shards or tickets or just straight up remove those kitten pve rewards from ranked.

So only those who actually want competetive pvp will play ranked and everyone else just plays unranked for fun.

I agree somewhat. I think Anet should take the risk and add in new map game modes or at least improve stronghold. Some may argue that adding in a new game type will split the pvp player base, but at the same time it could also have the reverse affect of bringing in more players to come check it out or even prefer new game types. Most MMO's with instanced pvp already do it. Yeah, some people like some maps more than others, but thats always going to be the case no matter what.

In terms of balance, I mean thats based around meta. Meta is just something people are gonna have to just live with as every game under the sun has one. So long as it continues to shift and not stagnate its fine.

One important thing Anet needs to fully realize is that, there is a huge chunk of the playerbase who only play one of the 3 game modes (PVE, SPVP, and WvW) Most people who make videos or stream GW2 are spvpers and WvWers and these people are basically free advertisement for the game. If they aren't happy they will more than likely let their fans know about it which has lead and will continue to lead to potential revenue loss.

I wish it was anything else. Literally anything else.

But it's the balance. It's always been the balance (or total lack thereof) and I just don't understand it. They leave things so absurdly broken that the only two possibilities to explain it are indifference or incompetence and I strongly suspect the former.

Archived