Duplicate skins from Mount Adoption

psizone.8437

Posting this on behalf of a guild mate that was told from her support ticket that "this was how it works".

Somehow the mount adoption tickets gave her duplicate skins, wasting the tickets.

If any dev/support team member sees this and can help, I can provide her account name for you to look into. She's quite elderly (and will kill me for saying it) so she just doesn't have the energy to argue with the support staff on her ticket.

The reply she got also CC'd in someone else's ticket with the same reply (mistake on the support teams behalf) who had the same issue so this doesn't seem to be an isolated case.

It's not possible to get a duplicate mount skin. With the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock, there was/is a chance to get a duplicate item, and it is sometimes possible to get a duplicate rare skin (like the Fallen Balthazar outfit) from Black Lion Chests. But, as far as I've seen from people on reddit and the forums who bought the Mount Adoption Licenses, duplicate mount skins isn't possible. If your friend did somehow get an actual duplicate and not just a similar appearance or something, then she should update the support ticket and ask that it be escalated. I can understand that she doesn't want to deal with the process, but she is the only one who can update her ticket and handle her account.

And I could be wrong here, but I don't think support ever sends mass replies to more than one person. Is your friend sure the email was legitimately from support? I know at least one person on the forums has posted that they had their account info phished from a convincing-looking "support" reply.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:It's not possible to get a duplicate mount skin. With the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock, there was/is a chance to get a duplicate item, and it is sometimes possible to get a duplicate rare skin (like the Fallen Balthazar outfit) from Black Lion Chests. But, as far as I've seen from people on reddit and the forums who bought the Mount Adoption Licenses, duplicate mount skins isn't possible. If your friend did somehow get an actual duplicate and not just a similar appearance or something, then she should update the support ticket and ask that it be escalated. I can understand that she doesn't want to deal with the process, but she is the only one who can update her ticket and handle her account.

And I could be wrong here, but I don't think support ever sends mass replies to more than one person. Is your friend sure the email was legitimately from support? I know at least one person on the forums has posted that they had their account info phished from a convincing-looking "support" reply.

It shouldn't be possible but apparently there may be a bug. The support person seemed to think she was complaining about getting a skin she didn't want, rather than her getting 2 of the same skin.

She should reply to the ticket and try to explain but she's rather angry about the whole situation so convincing her to email and explain things is taking time.

She's sure it's the official email, I'll post the email here for reference. It's just the reply she got and shows that they sent it to another player too.uxAFGHt.jpg

You'd have to mouse-over the 'From' address and check the URL to make sure it isn't a bogus reply.As noted above, your friend need only reply to that email (assuming it is legitimate), and ask to have a Senior Team Member look into the issue and respond. It's rare that any Team Members check the forums.

You might also make sure your friend counts the unlocked Mount Skins in the Mount Wardrobe, and see if it does, or does not, correlate to the number of Mount Adoption Licenses she bought (excluding Halloween or Warhound skins).

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You might also make sure your friend counts the unlocked Mount Skins in the Mount Wardrobe, and see if it does, or does not, correlate to the number of Mount Adoption Licenses she bought (excluding Halloween or Warhound skins).

Good luck.

Yup, will try convincing her tomorrow when she's on.

She is sure it was a duplicate though so I figured I'd post here, both to maybe help her and for awareness just in case others have an issue with this.

Some of the skins look a lot alike.

Although it's impossible for us to test exactly what happened, there a few things your friend can do to double-check:

• The Gem Shop panel shows the most recent purchases. She can count how many licenses she bought. Call it B
  • The Hero panel, Character tab/Mount sub-tab shows all the currently owned mount-fits (mount+outfit). She can count how many are unlocked. Call that U

Obviously, B = U is what we all expect. If it's not, she can include that detail when she replies to the support ticket thread.(Clearly, Support thinks that she didn't like one or more skins; their reply doesn't give any indication that they think she got duplicates.)

Good luck and please let us know what you find out, @psizone.8437

Usually if they're the exact same you can put them all in your inventory, log out band in again, and you're good to go. That's because if the technical ID for the items are different (which you wouldn't know but would make them not stack), that information would be updated when you log back in. Not sure if this is applicable, but you can give it a shot if you'd like.

@psizone.8437 said:She just logged in to get the screenshots and they've added 1200 gems to her account. No note and no email yet, which is quite odd.

She's going to email them anyway, will post again when I hear more.

Well, that sounds like good news. :)

FYI it's not unusual for the in-game fix to take place hours sooner than any note. The Support people try to fix as much as they can and then finish the "paperwork" later. So I'm sure your friend will get an email response about her ticket and maybe an in-game mail as well.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm now curious as to what happened.

Archived