vampiric presence vs life from death - healing scourge

Lexan.5930

So honest question, how do people feel about these competing traits?

Assume a 5 man team, and people are hitting say 2 hits per second, including yourselffull harrier support

Vampiric presence gets 39 healing per hit, at 2 hits per second on 5 targets for the 16 second cooldown (traited) of F4, is 6240 healingVSLife from death heals for almost 2800 on a 7 second delay but also does rezzing.

While the numbers favor vampiric presence life from death is a meaty heal. The time delay makes it harder to get in at the right time but ressing people and a massive heal timed right with enough LF might be better in specific situations.

Thought on which traits are more preferred for people and situations where one would be better than the other?

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Quite a hard choice, i would assume you are taking Transfusion. If thats the case I would take Vampire Presence. This is because that 7seocnd cool down you are thinking is wrong. It would work with the Desert Shroud. So 16/20second cool down.

He said delay not cd. The delay is that after you press f5 it's 7 seconds before the heal actually happens. I personally think neither makes or breaks the build so feel free to experiment for yourself. The small constant heals might be preferable to help keep people above 90% for scholar runes, but if there is a particular mechanic your group is struggling with like vg greens I could see it being helpful.

@Renita.7824 said:

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:Quite a hard choice, i would assume you are taking Transfusion. If thats the case I would take Vampire Presence. This is because that 7seocnd cool down you are thinking is wrong. It would work with the Desert Shroud. So 16/20second cool down.

He said delay not cd. The delay is that after you press f5 it's 7 seconds before the heal actually happens. I personally think neither makes or breaks the build so feel free to experiment for yourself. The small constant heals might be preferable to help keep people above 90% for scholar runes, but if there is a particular mechanic your group is struggling with like vg greens I could see it being helpful.

Mmmmm, that is very true.Then when you include the delay + the cool down, its rather long but if timed well. Its a solid burst heal, though you could just take transfusion which is on like a 12second cool down for a burst heal. So the passive healing, even if its kinda "meh" could be quite useful.

@Lexan.5930 said:So honest question, how do people feel about these competing traits?

Assume a 5 man team, and people are hitting say 2 hits per second, including yourselffull harrier support

Vampiric presence gets 39 healing per hit, at 2 hits per second on 5 targets for the 16 second cooldown (traited) of F4, is 6240 healingVSLife from death heals for almost 2800 on a 7 second delay but also does rezzing.

While the numbers favor vampiric presence life from death is a meaty heal. The time delay makes it harder to get in at the right time but ressing people and a massive heal timed right with enough LF might be better in specific situations.

Thought on which traits are more preferred for people and situations where one would be better than the other?

However I try to put it, I can't manage to make any sense of those maths...

Technically, life from death is a [single heal] on a X seconds cool down. Divide the value by the estimated cool down and you'll have the HP/s. For 5 character, you just have to multiply the HP/s by 5 to have the total heal.

While vampiric presence is an in combat permanent buff that mainly depend on the number of target you can hit at the same time. There is no such thing as a cool down involved in it. Multiply vampiric presence heal by the estimated number of hit per second and you'll get the HP/s. For 5 character, you just have to multiply the HP/s by 5 to have the total heal.

Assuming no healing power we got and 2 hit/seconds:

• Life from death: (939x5)/10 = 469.5 hp/s
  • vampiric presense: 33x5x2 = 330 hp/s (5 foes hitten: 1650 hp/s)

Assuming an harrier amulet with healing runes:

• life from death: (2552x5)/10 = 1276 hp/s
  • _vampiric presence: 38x5x2 = 380 hp/s. (5 foes hitten: 1900 hp/s)

Add alacrity and Life from death hp/s shot up even more. Add the fact that it also revive down player and it still boost the value of life from death over vampiric presence. Obviously, scourge have a longer cool down for life from death but even so, it's still numerically better to take it over vampiric presence. While in reality, it might be more practical to take vampiric presence especially if your whole group manage the impossible and hit 5 foes 2 time per second.

How you happen to achieve those numbers is a huge mistery for me.

@Dadnir.5038 said:Assuming no healing power we got and 2 hit/seconds:

• Life from death: (939x5)/10 = 469.5 hp/s 293,43 hp/s (VP scourge) 234,75 hp/s (no VP scourge)
  • vampiric presense: 33x5x2 = 330 hp/s (5 foes hitten: 1650 hp/s)

• life from death: (2552x5)/10 = 1276 hp/s 797,5 hp/s (VP scourge) 638 hp/s (no VP scourge)
  • _vampiric presence: 38x5x2 = 380 hp/s. (5 foes hitten: 1900 hp/s)Add alacrity and Life from death hp/s shot up even more. Add the fact that it also revive down player and it still boost the value of life from death over vampiric presence. Obviously, scourge have a longer cool down for life from death but even so, it's still numerically better to take it over vampiric presence. While in reality, it might be more practical to take vampiric presence especially if your whole group manage the impossible and hit 5 foes 2 time per second.

Alacrity could even reduce multi hitting skills CD, increasing the value of Vampiric Presence, even if maybe not like on-CD Life from Death

@Lexan.5930 said:Thought on which traits are more preferred for people and situations where one would be better than the other?

Vampiric Presence: heal per hit help better low hp pool professions to not lose Scholar uptime and get better with cleave (as Dadnir said); Does damage.Life from Death: paired with Transfusion is one of the best tools to pick and revive downed

@Vitali.5039 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Assuming no healing power we got and 2 hit/seconds:
  • Life from death
    : (939x5)/10 = 469.5 hp/s
    293,43 hp/s (VP scourge)
    234,75 hp/s (no VP scourge)
  • vampiric presense
    : 33x5x2 = 330 hp/s (5 foes hitten: 1650 hp/s)

• life from death
    : (2552x5)/10 = 1276 hp/s
    797,5 hp/s (VP scourge)
    638 hp/s (no VP scourge)

Add alacrity and Life from death hp/s shot up even more. Add the fact that it also revive down player and it still boost the value of life from death over vampiric presence. Obviously, scourge have a longer cool down for life from death but even so, it's still numerically better to take it over vampiric presence. While in reality, it might be more practical to take vampiric presence especially if your whole group manage the impossible and hit 5 foes 2 time per second.

Alacrity could even reduce multi hitting skills CD, increasing the value of Vampiric Presence, even if maybe not like on-CD Life from Death

The issue is more that hitting 5 foes at a 2 time per second rate is highly unlikely.

I'd say that for WvW (zerg v zerg) and open world PvE farm, vampiric presence is a good pick as a healing tool. For everything else, outside of very few exception, taking life from death will net you more heal for your party.

@Dadnir.5038 said:While in reality, it might be more practical to take vampiric presence especially if your whole group manage the impossible and hit 5 foes 2 time per second.@Vitali.5039 said:get better with cleave (as Dadnir said)@Dadnir.5038 said:The issue is more that hitting 5 foes at a 2 time per second rate is highly unlikely.

I'd say that for WvW (zerg v zerg) and open world PvE farm, vampiric presence is a good pick as a healing tool. For everything else, outside of very few exception, taking life from death will net you more heal for your party.

We said the same thing, with enough targets to cleave it get better

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Lexan.5930 said:So honest question, how do people feel about these competing traits?

However I try to put it, I can't manage to make any sense of those maths...

Technically,
life from death
is a [single heal] on a X seconds cool down. Divide the value by the estimated cool down and you'll have the HP/s. For 5 character, you just have to multiply the HP/s by 5 to have the total heal.

While
vampiric presence
is an in combat permanent buff that mainly depend on the number of target you can hit at the same time. There is no such thing as a cool down involved in it. Multiply
vampiric presence
heal by the estimated number of hit per second and you'll get the HP/s. For 5 character, you just have to multiply the HP/s by 5 to have the total heal.

Assuming no healing power we got and 2 hit/seconds:
  • Life from death
    : (939x5)/10 = 469.5 hp/s
  • vampiric presense
    : 33x5x2 = 330 hp/s (5 foes hitten: 1650 hp/s)

• life from death
    : (2552x5)/10 = 1276 hp/s

Add alacrity and
Life from death
hp/s shot up even more. Add the fact that it also revive down player and it still boost the value of
life from death
over
vampiric presence
. Obviously, scourge have a longer cool down for
life from death
but even so, it's still numerically better to take it over
vampiric presence
. While in reality, it might be more practical to take
vampiric presence
especially if your whole group manage the impossible and hit 5 foes 2 time per second.

yes yes the math was off and i forgot to multiply the healing from life from death to 5 targets. I usually run with vampiric presence because it's passive and it has a large radius, but in raids since i'm running dagger and usually have tons of LF i think i'll try life from death an use that as a heal, could even try to go wells for protection. Will be interesting to try out.

@Nimon.7840 said:Healing necro is just bad. Although i play it from time to time in wvw. It sux. No good scalings and so on

Ive been doing great in raids and fractals. Between barrier and constant heals people don't die unless they missed something big.

If I combine it with protection from wells my group can usually tank mai trin and get through phases easy.

@Nimon.7840 said:Healing necro is just bad. Although i play it from time to time in wvw. It sux. No good scalings and so on

People keep saying "no good scalings" but it's objectively not true. Well of Blood is a 2.4 scaling on the group heal. Signet of Vampirism is a total of 6.0 scaling on the mark, albeit less controllable on distribution. Transfusion is a 2.7 scaling (3.6 on Reaper) group heal. Life From Death is a 1.5 scaling on the group heal.

"Wash the Pain Away" on Tempest is considered a strong group heal skill, and its total coefficient is only 1.5 (and even then, only if allies are on top of the ele, otherwise it's lower).

Necros actually have some of the highest scaling group heals in the game. Now, I agree most of the Barrier coefficients could stand to be higher, and Vampiric/Vampiric Aura are jokes, but so far as actual healing skills, Necros scale very well.

I've healed fractals very easy with rotating f4 f5 and barriers. The healing potential is huge. The only downside is that we don't have a lot of field held or ranged heals. Elle at least can do lots of water field blasting if they need to cover a quick burst heal or something. Getting something in blood to aid using say on regeneration application to synergize with mark of blood and focus offhand would be rrally nice

Archived