Viable Ele roaming builds?

Kerivek.5740

Was wondering if anyone has any viable small scale roaming build for elementalist? I have recently started messing around with Ele more and I am having fun with it but I am struggling to find a build that works well for roaming. I have had some fun with gimmicky burst builds but I am looking for something more capable of dueling and 1vXing while maintaining an offensive nature. Anyone have anything that works well?

Fresh Air Scepter/focus build air 2-2-2, arcane 2-3-2, water 1-3-1 marauder

bunker support dagger/focus earth 3-2-1 water 1-3-1 tempest 2-2-3 celestial

Condition Sword/x water 1-2-1 arcane 2-3-1 weaver 3-1-2 viper/celestial trinkets or sage gear

The weaver builds lack the abundance of passive boons normal elementalist are use to and have more reactive defenses. Sword has 2 evades with short cd but you have to be in the attunement at the right time. Stun are a bigger issue with weaver since they do not have as many boons as core elementalist or tempest, so they take bigger hits. Tempest has alot of point blank AE, can stun break every with overloads every 6s and gain a lot of boons with aura. Core elementalist has less dps than tempest because of the lack of overloads but easier access to boons because of stance dancing. Those 3 builds can 1vx.

I've gone to a more power focused build with sw/d, marauders, dura runes, and some celestial pieces (neck, rings, weapons) and running arc/weaver/water(air).

The water build is basically attrition, you're annoyingly hard to kill, but not likely to kill anything. It REALLY shines in havok play where you can bounce around with your cc and big burst without really getting focused and support the team. It also nearly nullifies scourges.

The air version is obviously more bursty, but you have to tip toe around condi more and it still takes a fair bit of work to secure a kill.

Archived