Shattered Observatory 1st boss

Oogabooga.3812

I assume that Skorvald isn't supposed to suddenly warp to different parts of the map, a la how the Thaumanova Anomaly used to be bugged. Also, it doesn't happen often, but it's happened more than once: a player warping to one of the islands to take out the vet will instantly die upon landing, no downed state, as if from fall damage.

Can anybody else confirm?

@Ertrak.9506 said:Skorvald is supposed to teleport out of center, do an attack, then teleport back. Its a part of the gaze mechanic i think.

This is correct for Tier 3 and Tier 4 Shattered Observatory. Skorvald will teleport to a side of the map, and execute the same Fear mechanic as Arkk. After a follow-up attack, usually the burning+knockdown wave attack, he will return to the center.

As for the latter, there has been no confirmation on the source of the fall-damage bug. I have yet to recreate it myself, but I suspect it is caused by the knockback from the Anomalies hitting a player descending onto the platform, messing up the spaghetti code, and thusly sacrificing said player to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Ah thank you for clearing up the t3 and t4 attack. I've only done those twice now.

As for the latter, there has been no confirmation on the source of the fall-damage bug. I have yet to recreate it myself, but I suspect it is caused by the knockback from the Anomalies hitting a player descending onto the platform, messing up the spaghetti code, and thusly sacrificing said player to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Now that you mention it, it did happen to the late-comers arriving onto the islands. I remember turning around to face the vet, and seeing a party member land and die.

Archived