Timers are off again.

X T D.6458

@X T D.6458 said:Noticed this last night, RI and Skirmish are showing inaccurate timers. The RI timer shown for an objective is not in sync with the RI on a lord/supervisor, there seems to be a 15 second difference.

Almost for sure, it's your computer's clock that's out of sync. The actual RI/Skirmish timers work off the servers; the time displayed on your screen uses your Operating System. Make sure that your is set to synchronize with a reliable local time site.

For Windows:

• Start→Run→Control Panel
  • Clock, Language, and Region→Set the Time & Date→Internet Time (third tab)
  • Change Settings. Select Synchronize with an Internet Time Server. I like time.nist.gov, but some prefer others.
  • Update Now for good measure
  • Profit?

@X T D.6458 said:My computers time is set properly, and has nothing to do with it. Are you sure you understand the problem?

Other people have reported this issue in the past. It's always turned out to be a client-server time sync issue. If you're sure your computer time is accurately synching, then in your shoes, I'd

• Use in the in-game /bug reporting tool to document it while you are in WvW, observing the the particular objective.
  • If time, send in a Support ticket. (Which can be done whenever.)

@X T D.6458 said:Noticed this last night, RI and Skirmish are showing inaccurate timers. The RI timer shown for an objective is not in sync with the RI on a lord/supervisor, there seems to be a 15 second difference.

The whole game is counting wrongly.

Five minutes in GW2 is not five minutes.

Don't know what they are using but it's not the NIST clock, which is what they should be using.

• 2 months later...

Archived