Stuck in Combat (and Unable to Mount)

This is a problem I have on occasion, where my character is stuck in combat. No enemies near by, or coming after me as far as I can tell; I can stand there for ten minutes, and nothing happens! But, because of the way mounts work, this can utterly break your progress.For instance; say you are on a mounted jumping puzzle, and you get stuck in combat. The only way to fix this, is to leave the area completely!Solution? Change it from "unable to mount" to a 10-20 second channel that is interrupted with any damage while in combat.Also, getting warped back to lions arch if I log out in combat is really frustrating. I can kinda see why th is might be done, but... seriously, really rude.

@nottsgman.8206 said:the solution is way more simple than that. it's to go and spend the few moments it takes to kill whatever it is that hit you.

that is an entirely unusable solution when say 'whatever it is' might be above me, in a place I can't reach... because my mount is required to reach it.... yet still I am some how in combat with it. As I already stated, the only SOLUTION is to leave the area entirely, break the tether range of the (unknown) monster that has latched on but isn't coming to attack.If you are on a jumping puzzle, this means starting the puzzle over from scratch because you need to get out of range. Or if you are on a place that requires mount access to cross (quicksand for instance) and the mob is out of attack range... yet you can't mount to get into attack range...? (or worse, when you are under ground, and they are above ground... yet you are in a mount required area.) Only solution I found then was to log out, or die.

@Nesetalis.5293 said:

@nottsgman.8206 said:the solution is way more simple than that. it's to go and spend the few moments it takes to kill whatever it is that hit you.

that is an entirely unusable solution when say 'whatever it is' might be above me, in a place I can't reach... because my mount is required to reach it.... yet still I am some how in combat with it. As I already stated, the only SOLUTION is to leave the area entirely, break the tether range of the (unknown) monster that has latched on but isn't coming to attack.If you are on a jumping puzzle, this means starting the puzzle over from scratch because you need to get out of range. Or if you are on a place that requires mount access to cross (quicksand for instance) and the mob is out of attack range... yet you can't mount to get into attack range...? (or worse, when you are under ground, and they are above ground... yet you are in a mount required area.) Only solution I found then was to log out, or die.

good points. hadn't thought of those kinds of situations. hopefully someone who can fix it will read your post

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:That doesn't happen to me then. I can't tell why I can relog to get out of combat and you don't. I did it many times in Path of Fire.Every time I've tried, It always kicks me back to either the beginning of the zone (dry top) or lions arch (path of fire)I don't understand why except as an anti-cheating mechanism, to prevent people from logging off on top of certain areas. (end of jumping puzzle and what have you) But that's what happens to me in these situations.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Maybe because you were in a jumping puzzle area?

first time, yea... sure... but I still consider it a bug if I get 'stuck' and can't progress because the game doesn't respect my progress.Secondtime, I wasn't in anything remotely like a jumping puzzle; so no idea why.

• 1 year later...

This bug; (for me it's not even a question anymore) can also end the progression chain for some of the more interesting content I've found, like collection achievement chains. There are SOOO many mobs, you are meant to clear forward and keep moving. Even a few second delay is horrible, but; I have personally given up on at least two achievements because I'm always stuck in combat, no way to reach the mob and if I log out / log in I lose my progression and must start over> IE., Rune Locked Doors collection.

Yes.. something should be done because this mob aggro from across the zone thing, but the mob doesn't (or can't) come to you; is really horribly frustrating. I understand they've likely given up on calculating paths to determine aggro due to CPU cycles and exploiters, but; this is horrible for mount users and much of the cool content they've developed based on those concepts.

I hope it gets fixed in some way, and until then.. I'll just do less PvE than I want to.

Archived