The death of the most amusing yet abusive JP.

@ChasingDreams.3250 said:When will we see a fix of mounts and gliders usable in Trolls Revenge in Lions Arch?

Why? What would be the benefit of fine tuning no-mount/no-fly zones all over LA so that they affect Troll's Revenge, but not anyone traveling around town? Seem like a huge effort for a chest that basically drops a rare, but still requires several minutes of effort. (Weyandt's can be blocked off because it's tucked away in a corner with no destinations other than the Vista and the JP. Oh and a karma vendor that most people don't care to spend karma on.)

@nottsgman.8206 said:if the puzzle 'died' due to ways of getting around it quicker, it died on day 1 with mesmer portals.

Relying on a mesmer that can 100% of the time beat the puzzle or lay down a portal every time they make a "tough" jump .

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@ChasingDreams.3250 said:When will we see a fix of mounts and gliders usable in Trolls Revenge in Lions Arch?

Why? What would be the benefit of fine tuning no-mount/no-fly zones all over LA so that they affect
Troll's Revenge
, but not anyone traveling around town? Seem like a huge effort for a chest that basically drops a rare, but still requires several minutes of effort. (
Weyandt's
can be blocked off because it's tucked away in a corner with no destinations other than the Vista and the JP. Oh and a karma vendor that most people don't care to spend karma on.)

Well, if we look for solutions rather than problems.Have an npc on the start or orb or anything of any kind that you interact with.That disables mount and gliders, but allows you to open the caches and the chest.

Meaning people can travel around as they want. But to complete the puzzle you'll have to deal with it the old way.Clever use of items such as experimental teleportation gun/rifle, mesmer portals, engineer jump etc.

Honestly, as someone who likes jumping puzzles, this is one of the longer and more amusing ones this game has to offer.And imo jumping puzzles is a huge pull for this game content-wise not many other games can offer this sort of content on this level.

It's good ~10minutes of easy fun when you're routined, or hours of teamwork and fun with new players who have yet to do it, or friends and fellow gw2 players who aren't as customed to jumping puzzles.

Guilds can run it together for fun, or speed run and see who's first.You can make bets and run for your life.

Parts of the community and what makes gw2 fun at a daily basis for me and several others that I know of, lose parts of the game the way it is now, and there are ways to fix it.

I'm not arguing that it's in a good state. I'm trying to point out that it isn't cheap to do anything about it.

So why should ANet look at solutions, when this one isn't broken? People can do it legit or people can cheez it, just like the did on day 1 (with portals). Given that there are a gazillion changes that the community would like to see in the game, given that ANet's list is probably at least as long...

Why should this be a priority?

@Myhr.9108 said:You can still do it the old way by limiting yourself, as a challenge, so yeah, I don't see this as a huge priority either.

Exactly what I was about to say. If you want to do it the hard way because you find it more enjoyable that way then do it the hard way. Some of us have done it so many times we just don't care any more and just want to be done with it quickly. The novelty has worn off and there are other jumping puzzles that are more obnoxious coughChaliceofTearscough for us to work on.

I don't care much for jumping puzzles tbh even though I've done most of them, and I'm totally fine with being able to use my mounts to get the chest at the end of this one.

What I really hate is when content and/or items are gated behind them, like for example the Sentient Aberration gizmo, for which you need to do that horrible Sopor Titanum jumping puzzle. And as long as mesmers have such an advantage over other classes when it comes to JP, I couldn't care less if people find ways to get to the end in a more efficient manner.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I'm not arguing that it's in a good state. I'm trying to point out that it isn't cheap to do anything about it.

So why should ANet look at solutions, when this one isn't broken? People can do it legit or people can cheez it, just like the did on day 1 (with portals). Given that there are a gazillion changes that the community would like to see in the game, given that ANet's list is probably at least as long...

Like I stated earlier though, there's such an easy fix to it.You don't have to balance aerial area for where the jumping puzzle is and not for mount use.

Now that ls4 is dropping, I can see there are other priorities, but after they've finished dealing with that, I hope they fix this.For me jumping puzzles are one of the main elements in this game.

And they shouldn't neglect parts of the community because some deem other things to be more important to fix.

I get that stuff like ls4 and new content for the game is definitely a priority over this, but in the meantime jps that can be cheesed with mounts should be a priority high up on their list.

@ChasingDreams.3250 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'm not arguing that it's in a good state. I'm trying to point out that it isn't cheap to do anything about it.

Like I stated earlier though, there's such an easy fix to it.You don't have to balance aerial area for where the jumping puzzle is and not for mount use.

Now that ls4 is dropping, I can see there are other priorities, but after they've finished dealing with that, I hope they fix this.For me jumping puzzles are one of the main elements in this game.

And they shouldn't neglect parts of the community because some deem other things to be more important to fix.

I get that stuff like ls4 and new content for the game is definitely a priority over this, but in the meantime jps that can be cheesed with mounts should be a priority high up on their list.

"There's such an easy fix to it." I'm sorry, but come on now. When it comes to things that involve changing how part of the map works, it's never an "easy fix". Regardless of that, though, you are not forced to do that JP with mounts. You can do it the intended way if you so choose (I do it about once a week just because I enjoy it). Nothing is being neglected here. And almost all JPs in the game have always been easily cheesed due to mesmer portals. If people want to go the easy route and take a portal to the end chest or even use a mount or glider to make it easier, I'm fine with it. Their choice to do that doesn't affect my ability to do the JP the standard way, and it's not like they're getting some special loot or anything that I can't get myself.

@Jeknar.6184 said:All I read on this topic is: "I like doing it the hard way and I want everyone else to be forced to do it the hard way too"

Well, tbh, "the hard way" is the way it was intended to be completed.I use mounts, because why would I do the jp when I can use mounts? pick up guaranteed rare and maybe some exotics on the way?

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:All I read on this topic is: "I like doing it the hard way and I want everyone else to be forced to do it the hard way too"

Nah.. the loss of monetary benefit was likely the reason for the post :)

And how do you even profit from the jp being a jp rather than just being able to pick up everything in a min?

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@nottsgman.8206 said:if the puzzle 'died' due to ways of getting around it quicker, it died on day 1 with mesmer portals.

I would hazard a guess the OP plays Mesmers and was one of many that ran chains to the chest for money, but now that's a thing of the past :)

If that's what the previous comment meant than I'm sorry no, made the mesmer with the PoF lv80 boost and came to like it.I've already stated why I want the jp to come back to its original state

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@ChasingDreams.3250 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I'm not arguing that it's in a good state. I'm trying to point out that it isn't cheap to do anything about it.

"There's such an easy fix to it." I'm sorry, but come on now. When it comes to things that involve changing how part of the map works, it's never an "easy fix". Regardless of that, though, you are not forced to do that JP with mounts. You can do it the intended way if you so choose (I do it about once a week just because I enjoy it). Nothing is being neglected here. And almost all JPs in the game have always been easily cheesed due to mesmer portals. If people want to go the easy route and take a portal to the end chest or even use a mount or glider to make it easier, I'm fine with it. Their choice to do that doesn't affect my ability to do the JP the standard way, and it's not like they're getting some special loot or anything that I can't get myself.

What I wrote earlier:

"Well, if we look for solutions rather than problems.Have an npc on the start or orb or anything of any kind that you interact with.That disables mount and gliders, but allows you to open the caches and the chest. "

Meaning an easy fix rather than changing how part of the map works, there are more ways to do it if you look for solutions instead of narrowing in on the problem.

@ChasingDreams.3250 said:"Well, if we look for solutions rather than problems.Have an npc on the start or orb or anything of any kind that you interact with.That disables mount and gliders, but allows you to open the caches and the chest. "

Meaning an easy fix rather than changing how part of the map works, there are more ways to do it if you look for solutions instead of narrowing in on the problem.

The point is that ANet has a limited budget to change things in the game. There are plenty of problems that have no work-around, plenty of QoL issues that affect tons of people, and plenty of new things that also need to be backstopped by QA.

Why is this solution, that you looked for, worth the expense? Why is it more important to address than all the other things on ANet's priority list?It's not "an easy fix" to create new mechanics, as you are suggesting. Going without mounts is trivial: people can just avoid triggering them. Going without gliders is trickier, since it reuses the jumping hot key, but given that's been in the game for two years, I don't think it's fair to consider it anything like a priority.

tl;dr changes to the game aren't free; what makes this change worth the expense, especially when there's so many other adjustments we want?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

They won't...If you notice, you don't even need the keys anymore. I Got the stashes and then opened the box before i actually made the key from the 4 pieces, and ended up with them in my bag.

You still need a completed key to open it (the message pops up saying so). You might have just already had a completed key on you and didn't notice.

Since it'd be more of a pain to implement mount and glider disabled areas specific to the jp, it'd probably be much easier to just disable/remove all 4 hidden stashes and Rolan's chest (as well as remove the garden for good measure) to fix the issue of people being able to use mounts and gliders on the jumping puzzle.