Anet, any PoF balance patch news?

kappa.2036

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:the game is not even out yet why would their even be any at all PoF balance patch news at all even when the game is not even out yet ;/

Because there are RUMORS (read: dreams) that there will be more balance changes coming on PoF launch date. For example, many people are hoping (and I think Wooden Potatoes kind of hinted at) that Power Reaper will get some buffs once Scourge hits the scene, since Scourge will be better at condi and currently Reaper is also better at condi (as is base necro). The thought is that the devs didn't want to gut condi reaper until the scourge was live.

This would be the case with other specs too. Once the new elite is active and new builds are available, old builds can be refined for more clarity on what does what best.

If Power Reaper isn't adjusted, then it means Scourge will just be a better version of a condi necro spec, and reaper will be a red-headed step-child without a place or role.

@pah.4931 said:

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:the game is not even out yet why would their even be any at all PoF balance patch news at all even when the game is not even out yet ;/

Because there are RUMORS (read: dreams) that there will be more balance changes coming on PoF launch date. For example, many people are hoping (and I think Wooden Potatoes kind of hinted at) that Power Reaper will get some buffs once Scourge hits the scene, since Scourge will be better at condi and currently Reaper is also better at condi (as is base necro). The thought is that the devs didn't want to gut condi reaper until the scourge was live.

This would be the case with other specs too. Once the new elite is active and new builds are available, old builds can be refined for more clarity on what does what best.

If Power Reaper isn't adjusted, then it means Scourge will just be a better version of a condi necro spec, and reaper will be a red-headed step-child without a place or role.

wounder how that will work out for them all . when they find out the game is not even out yet. and when the game does come out their is no changes and or no new specs changes at all the only new patch updates that will happen at best . is client patch updates to make the game run well at best . so other wise this is all noting more than hear saying gossip at best. even more so with the game not even out yet

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

@pah.4931 said:

wounder how that will work out for them all . when they find out the game is not even out yet. and when the game does come out their is no changes and or no new specs changes at all the only new patch updates that will happen at best . is client patch updates to make the game run well at best . so other wise this is all noting more than hear saying gossip at best. even more so with the game not even out yet

It will work out the same way it always does. Black tears of shadowy death water. :D

They did make SOME balancing changes with base specs on the day HoT launched. But not many. And some people are probably hoping that new elite specs are being tweaked based on the demo weekend (but I doubt that as well).

@pah.4931 said:

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

@pah.4931 said:

It will work out the same way it always does. Black tears of shadowy death water. :D

They did make SOME balancing changes with base specs on the day HoT launched. But not many. And some people are probably hoping that new elite specs are being tweaked based on the demo weekend (but I doubt that as well).

i guess i am not into reading about speculations or other wise. but if that is something that gives others something to enjoy playing in . then hey more power to them if that is what floats their boat far be it from me to stop them from that . and their fun but for me real works far more better for me . but then again that is just me . now see we just saw both sides of the same coin today .

Archived