scourge

cobracommander.5861

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as you don't come too close, scourge are in no way a fundamental issue. Of course, if you happen to get caught by 2-3 scourges at close range, you get bombed, but it's not worse than 2-3 DD or whatever can be really bursty.

Just don't rely on boonballs, and take some long range friends with you if you can't kite.

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:"Scourge is not OP, just range it"

*sees scourgeHang on, please give me some time before i kill you, just let me respec to range on my melee build. :/

Post a video of a melee class killing a half decent condi farting scourge consistently (Holosmiths prefered) and i will stop being mad

Some people do spec into ranged to kill scourge but then we get threads like this xD https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/16204/22k-deaths-judgement-after-the-fix/p1

@cobracommander.5861 said:I've played necro since almost launch, and I can honestly say that scourge is ruining wvw. I'm not even sure how to fix it without just eliminating it entirely and starting over. But it's ruining the gameplay. Something needs to be done.

I agree. Cripple AND Torment AND damage in a LARGE circle, all on one button? How about on 4 buttons?!

The power of the Scourge is extraordinarily problematic because previous incarnations of the Necro are being nerfed into the ground and beyond in order to try to control this monster.

The basic design decisions behind the Scourge were bizarre, incomprehensible.

• The combination of being unable to move quickly and damage on trying to move on a huge AoE circle is just ridiculous, for a start. Why would you make this combination baseline? It should be made up from multiple traits, if available at all. It's exremely powerful.

I suggest as a basic first step to try to make WvW more sensible without destroying Scourge entirely, make the circles normal size and see what happens.

I'd aim to get this out ASAP, like this week or next. It shouldn't take longer than that, right? We shouldn't be looking into the new year for these problems to be addressed.

*sees scourgeHang on, please give me some time before i kill you, just let me respec to range on my melee build. :/

Post a video of a melee class killing a half decent condi farting scourge consistently (Holosmiths prefered) and i will stop being mad

So this is a one v one?

If I play my thief and I see a guard, I go the other way.

That doesn't mean guard is broken. It means it's a hard counter.

WvW has never been, nor will it ever be, balanced for one v one. Period.

Some classes/builds are more viable solo, some more viable Zerg, some more viable small group.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

*sees scourge
Hang on, please give me some time before i kill you, just let me respec to range on my melee build. :/

So this is a one v one?

If I play my thief and I see a guard, I go the other way.

That doesn't mean guard is broken. It means it's a hard counter.

WvW has never been, nor will it ever be, balanced for one v one. Period.

Some classes/builds are more viable solo, some more viable Zerg, some more viable small group.

It is one thing to a few classes counter one build ( glass canon thief). It is something completely different when one class (scourge) can hardcounter ALL melee builds.

I mained a necro since launch. Scourge is the reason I have shelved my necro for wvw and am playing other classes. It's broken.(So is mirage evasion, death's judgement, holosmith, CoR, etc...this is just the scourge thread so staying on topic)

The problem is stacking traits requires no player effort. And, is a no target AoE on Scourge.Curses-adept: Terrifying Descent - When you fear a foe you inflict torment.Curses-master: Terror - Fear deals damage.Scourge grandmaster - Demonic Lore - Torment you inflict deals increased damage and causes your foes to burn.Scourge isn't the only class where stacking traits is creating an imbalance, it's just the most noticeable at the moment.Those are just a bonus on the other conditions you can drop instantly with 0 effort.

I still think Meteor Shower is broken, it should not be able to hit the stairs on the inside of a wall, but now we have Oppressive Collapse (more of a troll skill) that doesn't even require LOS to hit objects/players inside towers. Changes are needed.

@ThunderPanda.1872 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Scourge may be broken, but it's not because a Melee class can't kill a condi farting scourge 1 v 1

it also applies to 5v5 or any small group. If you think wvw should be solely balanced around zerg v zerg, then you might as well tell anet to delete thieves.

Never said it should be balanced by zerg.

And if I am in a group of 5, we are taking the right classes to counter the most dangerous. If I bring 5 Melee, then I am not thinking clearly.

@Sovereign.1093 said:run guard rev ele and your scourge problem over. pirate ship though but op

Except when you're forced to get to close to those damn JOKO's because you're trying to take a Tower, a Keep or SMC and fighting in close quarters.But that never happens in WvW...it's all open field fights where you can actually pirate-ship. And pirate-shipping is so fun too! :VOMIT:

Are you listening, Anet?!?

@Krypto.2069 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:run guard rev ele and your scourge problem over. pirate ship though but op

Except when you're forced to get to close to those kitten JOKO's because you're trying to take a Tower or a Keep and fighting in close quarters.But that never happens in WvW...it's all open field fights where you can actually pirate-ship. And pirate-shipping is so fun too!
:VOMIT:

Are you listening, Anet?!?

in a choke =) revs shines a lot and so does ele. just a matter of positiing. a goodherald x weaver x firebrand can easily focus bomb a choke point.

justneeds practice.

this game is rock paper scissors. cant force a scissor to beat rock setup.

=)

I would actually like them to buff scourge. I also think every tick of condi from scourge / necro / reaper should steal some life force. Every auto attack should steal a baseline amount of health and that amount should rise with a GM Trait in Soul Reaping. I think there is so much more potential for scourge that is untapped. They should literally be walking death. Even more so than spamming shades. I think, if anything, it is underperforming.

Scourge needs buffing, they already took a dps hit, have no mobility, and currently their shades get "obstructed" with a little blip in the ground. They also have the added benefit of having to deal with 100% up time of condition immunity.

Always fun to hop on your scourge (which Anet thinks is a support class), then attempt to start hard bombing the enemy and are met with:

"immune" "immune" "immune" "immune" "obstructed" "obstructed" "Immune" "Obstructed" "obstructed" "obstructed" "obstructed" "immune" "immune"

Sure lets nerf scourge more, lets:

• double the cooldown on all their marks and make it a % chance to land a condition as opposed to a guarantee
  • remove the ground targeting of wells and make them cast on the ground beneath the player much like how a shout works
  • Triple the life force cost of shades per cast, and make life force drain 3x as fast in desert shroud
  • Increase the internal cool down of all conditions within shades to say 10 seconds

Players would still find a way to whine about it.. But hey, while were at it, lets make some changes to Warrior and Guardian as well:

• Remove greatsword and hammer from warrior and guardian
  • Increase the cooldown of pressing #1 to 5 seconds, you can only press 1 every 5 seconds
  • Remove all condition and physical immunity from warrior, also remove all skills used for mobility
  • Remove guardians healing ability to heal allies, remove purging flames (won't need it due to scourge nerf), remove wall of reflection as well, also remove aegis
  • Remove Aegis, I don't like how when I use a skill it gets blocked, it's unfair, this needs to be fixed

That should about cover it.. it's all about balance.

Archived